Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo there is no need of tweeking the facesculpt. She looks fantastic.

Agreed. That's one of the main reasons I PO'd her. I'm not a huge fan of Ivy but the sculpt just looked fantastic. I include her face in that praise as well. I think her face is beautiful.

Anyone else got the feeling that the DC line will all have a large edition size.DC is Sideshows new baby and a lot of collectors have been waiting for it.SS will want to get as much mileage as possible out of the PF Figures.
When the PI EX edition size is announced I guess we will know.Batman and Superman we know will most likely be as huge an edition size as the Joker if not more.At least no one will have to panic or hang at their computer all morning and half the afternoon..unless you just want to try for one of the first 100.

It was kinda fun checking the forum and waiting for it to POP.

And all the Freaks got their Poison.So it was a good day.

Exactly. No need to panic. Find out the day a DC piece you like will go up for sale and just PO it that same day. There should be no problem securing an order that way.

This is just the start of SSC's DC license. There is no way they will cut their own profits by releasing such a low ES this soon in a new line. IMO, they will be looking to sell more of these DC pieces. Once the DC line is established, I expect them to throw a few curve balls with some low ES from time to time. That will not be the norm.

I don't collect Star Wars pieces but I'll take a guess and say low ES are rare for those pieces as well. No one will ever be knowledgeable of every PO that goes up in every license but I feel safe in saying we won't see any DC pieces selling out as quickly as the droids. So long as we order the same day, I feel very confident that our EX PO will be secure. I had no worries about ordering Ivy today. The same will hold true for the next DC piece that goes up with a TBD ES.

I'll agree with that, I mean even though Ivy isn't a top batman villain any one in the top ten of his rogues gallery is pretty widely known and marketable. It's not until you get to villains like Calendar Man and Great White that it's kind of ridiculous.

But I can see low ES on smaller characters that aren't as huge. Like as much as I give Aquaman love, and I do guys I think he's one of the most misunderstood characters, I can see a much lower ES on him.

But Batman and his top villains/family, Superman and Family, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green lantern, forget it they're is going to be a larger number because they can market them.

I'll agree with that, I mean even though Ivy isn't a top batman villain any one in the top ten of his rogues gallery is pretty widely known and marketable. It's not until you get to villains like Calendar Man and Great White that it's kind of ridiculous.

But I can see low ES on smaller characters that aren't as huge. Like as much as I give Aquaman love, and I do guys I think he's one of the most misunderstood characters, I can see a much lower ES on him.

But Batman and his top villains/family, Superman and Family, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green lantern, forget it they're is going to be a larger number because they can market them.

We see eye to eye on that. Some characters have a more cult like following. Not as many fans, but rabid. Those are the PO's you have to watch out for. Especially if the statue looks really good. Then you can have people who wouldn't normally order a statue do just that because it looks so good.

The one I will be waiting on with great anticipation will be Deathstroke the Terminator. If he ever goes up, I'll be glued to the computer waiting to secure my order. He's not as popular a character but he looks as cool as hell and you just know the ES will not be very high for that piece. However, as long as any PO goes up as TBD ES, I still think we will have ample time to place our PO. In the case of old Slade though, I'm not willing to take the chance.

Long Halloween is awesome, as is Year One and the Robin and Batgirl year ones from Chuck Dixon.
From the older stuff I really like Venom and Strange Apparitions, Man Who Laughs.

The very worst story I've ever read is definitely Fortunate Son. It's the only TPB I wish I hadn't bought.

We see eye to eye on that. Some characters have a more cult like following. Not as many fans, but rabid. Those are the PO's you have to watch out for. Especially if the statue looks really good. Then you can have people who wouldn't normally order a statue do just that because it looks so good.

The one I will be waiting on with great anticipation will be Deathstroke the Terminator. If he ever goes up, I'll be glued to the computer waiting to secure my order. He's not as popular a character but he looks as cool as hell and you just know the ES will not be very high for that piece. However, as long as any PO goes up as TBD ES, I still think we will have ample time to place our PO. In the case of old Slade though, I'm not willing to take the chance.

Completely understand. One of my greatest comic collecting regrets was selling my copy of New Teen Titans #2. I should get another one but Comic collecting has taken a bit of a backseat to other things lately.

As far as the statues go batman is always my main deal but I need an Aquaman and a Black Manta....always loved Black Manta, he has that Under Water Darth Vader feel.

I got ex:) i love her everything about her:-D
I used ipad to get her, explorer didnt work.
Next villain harley or bane:-D

I GUESS people got panic yesterday, and thought this will sell out quickly.That is why they wanted to secure and PO as fast as possible.This is pretty understandable, having in mind of how many people got exited by this statue,and also the fact that this got more than1200 likes on FB.Never seen more "likes" for a statue before. I guess the same thing will happen with Bats and Superman PFs later on. It was a good laugh though and fun to be part of it. C u next time guys, have a wonderfull weekend u SS FREAKS :):)

Finally got to order this. The area has been without power for 2 days. 100+ temps and no power, long boring days.

Not sure I will display the exclusive or not, have to see it in hand. They better knock the paint job out of the park, or I am done with SS.

The thing I really really like about this peice is that she's in a flower pot... simply awesome!!! One of SS's best IMO!

Ex still available today lol

I actually ordered one for the hell of it, after saying I wouldn't, because I wasn't sure why all the excitement over this one, and claims of grail etc.
Then thinking about it further, cancelled 5 min later lol

There is just too many other priority things for me to focus on, then a secondary Batman villain. Can't get everything.

Learning self control, for my collection lol

39d4d1b5a7510b2acaa2083d49c54ad5-d3ge6uj.jpg

Holy crap, this thread's gained 74 pages (10 posts a page) since I logged off yesterday afternoon at 2pm EST. That's a lot for that span of time for a PF.

Half of those threads were mine...LOL not really but it got crazy yesterday. I think we will get crazy on the Batman pf thread and he goes on PO...:panic:

Am I the first to cancel???

I don't have room to display her (I also have two young boys) I don't love the character. So really there was no reason th get it except that it is a GREAT looking statue that I would be flipping one day and I just can't bring myself to play flipper.

Also with R2 and 3P0 PF, the Batman PF and The Hulk maquette on the way I need to be watching my funds.

It does help that my best friend is getting it and I will be able to see her in hand anyways.

Ex still available today lol

I actually ordered one for the hell of it, after saying I wouldn't, because I wasn't sure why all the excitement over this one, and claims of grail etc.
Then thinking about it further, cancelled 5 min later lol

There is just too many other priority things for me to focus on, then a secondary Batman villain. Can't get everything.

Learning self control, for my collection lol

Right there with you brother!! Oh and I must be second to cancel :)

Back