Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl how you figure me out? It was quite an experience. But I keep hearing batman is much worse. So until I get batman PF ex.....:panic:

I really wasn't talking about anyone in particular. I just noticed a lot of nervous peeps in this thread as the order was supposed to go live. It was pretty entertaining.

The Batman PO will be simple. The ES will be TBD when it goes up. Just get him within a couple of hours of when he goes up and you won't have any problems. It's the people who don't order the same day that will be at risk of not securing the EX. Trust me, Bats will not sell out in less than a few hours. If the Joker EX has an ES of 1250, I imagine the Batman EX ES will be at least 1500. Take a deep breath, relax, and just put your order in when you know he's up for PO. Before you know it, your order will be confirmed and you will be able to chill and wait for the new crop of collectors that'll be coming here and asking you.... " what are the chances my WL will convert for the EX?" :lol

I really wasn't talking about anyone in particular. I just noticed a lot of nervous peeps in this thread as the order was supposed to go live. It was pretty entertaining.

The Batman PO will be simple. The ES will be TBD when it goes up. Just get him within a couple of hours of when he goes up and you won't have any problems. It's the people who don't order the same day that will be at risk of not securing the EX. Trust me, Bats will not sell out in less than a few hours. If the Joker EX has an ES of 1250, I imagine the Batman EX ES will be at least 1500. Take a deep breath, relax, and just put your order in when you know he's up for PO. Before you know it, your order will be confirmed and you will be able to chill and wait for the new crop of collectors that'll be coming here and asking you.... " what are the chances my WL will convert for the EX?" :lol

Yes and then you can point and laugh at them....I mean....Console them...

Yes and then you can point and laugh at them....I mean....Console them...

No need to laugh at them. At some point in time in this hobby, we have ALL been in a position where we hope our WL converts. I know I have. Some collectors are a little more dramatic about it though.

I ended up getting the Absolute Edition of Long Halloween from eBay for pretty cheap but that was a while ago. You can really see how it influcenced Nolan's work. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't read the monthlies and is familiar with the new movies.

Yeah got that one! :yess:
Also got Tales Of The Batman by Tim Sale last month, loved it as well.

Those are mainly the newbies. They are nervous because they missed out on some choice pieces and now are fighting WL conversions for statues they want. Some of them seemed like they were hyperventilating when she didn't go up on time.

We all have it easy now. Almost all pieces are up for hours at the very least. Some for weeks. If Newbies are panicking over ordering Ivy, they never would have been able to navigate the old days of the priority PO. Pieces sold out in mere minutes back then. This is easy peasy now.

nah, most of us who were "hyperventilating" because we have work and have to get back. I wasted my lunch break and the whole afternoon because of this ****, didnt get anything else done.

i wasnt sure how this statue will go down, it was very likely it will be similar to the droids ex sellout being not a key character, so couldnt risk it.

nah, most of us who were "hyperventilating" because we have work and have to get back. I wasted my lunch break and the whole afternoon because of this ****, didnt get anything else done.

i wasnt sure how this statue will go down, it was very likely it will be similar to the droids ex sellout being not a key character, so couldnt risk it.

Marvel and DC statues follow a similar path at PO. Especially if the ES is TBD. I can't remember the last time a statue from either license sold out as fast as the Droids EX. Hell, Skaar was the quickest EX PO to sell out in quite awhile. However, he had an ES of 500 at the time of PO.

Hardly anything with the Marvel or DC license will sell out quickly anymore. It would have to be the perfect storm of great sculpt, popular character, affordable price, and very low ES for something to sell out as quickly as the Droids did. As soon as Ivy went up with a TBD ES, I knew everyone could just take their time. Securing the EX would be no problem. Had the ES for the EX been 200 at the time of PO, that would have been a whole other story.

Marvel and DC statues follow a similar path at PO. Especially if the ES is TBD. I can't remember the last time a statue from either license sold out as fast as the Droids EX. Hell, Skaar was the quickest EX PO to sell out in quite awhile. However, he had an ES of 500 at the time of PO.

Hardly anything with the Marvel or DC license will sell out quickly anymore. It would have to be the perfect storm of great sculpt, popular character, affordable price, and very low ES for something to sell out as quickly as the Droids did. As soon as Ivy went up with a TBD ES, I knew everyone could just take their time. Securing the EX would be no problem. Had the ES for the EX been 200 at the time of PO, that would have been a whole other story.

but how do you know that for sure? i think you dont, given how many people were waiting to order this at the time. Droid ex also had TBD and was much more expensive, the 100 count down were gone in like 10 mins.

I am curious to see what the ES is for this and the droid ex, will give a good idea how popular each of the statue truly were.

Hey guys,

what's wrong. The Ex can still be pre-ordered.
After hundreds of sites yesterday, where everybody was nervous about her getting on. Now no SOLD-OUT comments. That's a shame :rotfl:rotfl

Look how plain/boring the regular is compare to the EX

34o9eet.jpg

she doesnt look that pretty from the front :gah:, looks like the poison starts to wear off...

she doesnt look that pretty from the front :gah:, looks like the poison starts to wear off...

I think she looks great! The eyes took a little getting used to but :clap
I'm so happy to not miss out on this! Finally no more paying double or triple for this one. :blissy who cares if it's sold out or not. The best part is I got one! I'm still so excited about getting this. I guess my newbieness will fade a bit if I can keep this up for batman, superman, and others like these high caliper statues.

Last edited:
but how do you know that for sure? i think you dont, given how many people were waiting to order this at the time. Droid ex also had TBD and was much more expensive, the 100 count down were gone in like 10 mins.

I am curious to see what the ES is for this and the droid ex, will give a good idea how popular each of the statue truly were.

This is just the start of SSC's DC license. There is no way they will cut their own profits by releasing such a low ES this soon in a new line. IMO, they will be looking to sell more of these DC pieces. Once the DC line is established, I expect them to throw a few curve balls with some low ES from time to time. That will not be the norm.

I don't collect Star Wars pieces but I'll take a guess and say low ES are rare for those pieces as well. No one will ever be knowledgeable of every PO that goes up in every license but I feel safe in saying we won't see any DC pieces selling out as quickly as the droids. So long as we order the same day, I feel very confident that our EX PO will be secure. I had no worries about ordering Ivy today. The same will hold true for the next DC piece that goes up with a TBD ES.

Anyone else got the feeling that the DC line will all have a large edition size.DC is Sideshows new baby and a lot of collectors have been waiting for it.SS will want to get as much mileage as possible out of the PF Figures.
When the PI EX edition size is announced I guess we will know.Batman and Superman we know will most likely be as huge an edition size as the Joker if not more.At least no one will have to panic or hang at their computer all morning and half the afternoon..unless you just want to try for one of the first 100.

It was kinda fun checking the forum and waiting for it to POP.

And all the Freaks got their Poison.So it was a good day.

Idk I personally think she looks great from the front and was kind of skeptical of her face at first but it has grown on me and now I like it and can't wait to display her

I think this piece looks fantastic. Unfortunately I cant order everything since I already have so much that I plan on buying at SDCC.

Last edited:
Back