Plinkett's Episode 3 review!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For reals. It's hard to defend this movie when it's so incredibly stupid.

Stupid cant go over your head. :lol

I get a kick out of "Star Wars fans" calling us who think the PT is _____ us OT purists, elitists, haters, or close minded. As if it's our fault for having taste in movies.

PT fans are just fans in denial lying to themselves. Even a drowning man will grab at a straw.

Just like Anakin, and Oedipus, Romeo, Duncan from Macbeth, Othello, etc....

omg1.gif

You didn't just compare Prequel Anakin to Shakespeare? Please tell me that's a joke.

I guess I'm the only one who gets really impatient with these video reviews. They've got about twenty minutes of actual review and then an hour of pointless crap like women tied up in his basement, etc. Stupid, useless filler.

You can't die from a broken heart.

Actually you can. Its called Broken Heart Syndrome and its a heart attack of sorts brought on by sudden emotional trauma.

You JUST compared the dramatic irony in ROTS to Shakespeare.

Correct. Because the elements of irony are similar. That's a far cry from calling ROTS "high drama."

For reals. It's hard to defend this movie when it's so incredibly stupid.

Stupid cant go over your head. :lol

You literally went on record as stating that you didn't understand how a mass murderer consumed by evil could try to kill a woman he once loved after believing that she turned against him. By definition that means the actions of the scene "went over your head."

You didn't just compare Prequel Anakin to Shakespeare? Please tell me that's a joke.

If you can't see the common themes between ROTS and Shakespeare then you either weren't paying attention or simply don't understand them.

Actually you can. Its called Broken Heart Syndrome and its a heart attack of sorts brought on by sudden emotional trauma.

No one DIES from a broken heart.

Broken heart syndrome is a temporary heart condition brought on by stressful situations, such as the death of a loved one.
https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/broken-heart-syndrome/DS01135

Now, researchers at Johns Hopkins have discovered that sudden emotional stress can also result in severe but reversible heart muscle weakness that mimics a classic heart attack.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/press_releases/2005/02_10_05.html

The Star Wars universe is one that can graft cybernetic arms and legs onto people, create cyborgs, and harness hard light energy into beam weapons. I think they would be able to restart someone's heart.

If you can't see the common themes between ROTS and Shakespeare then you either weren't paying attention or simply don't understand them.

Just because you can compare something to Shakespeare doesn't automatically make it legitimate. Romeo Must Die was a modern adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. . . that doesn't mean Romeo Must Die is a modern classic.

No one DIES from a broken heart.

So in your opinion that was an unrealistic part in a Star Wars movie? Well then I suppose that does make the movie stupid. We can't have anyone dying by something Johns Hopkins calls "potentially deadly" in a realistic universe with lightsabers and Force ghosts now can we?

Just because you can compare something to Shakespeare doesn't automatically make it legitimate. Romeo Must Die was a modern adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. . . that doesn't mean Romeo Must Die is a modern classic.

Who said ROTS was a modern classic? Do you know what you're arguing?

You literally went on record as stating that you didn't understand how a mass murderer consumed by evil could try to kill a woman he once loved after believing that she turned against him. By definition that means the actions of the scene "went over your head."

I guess so.

I just cannot fatham why some little prick would go OUT OF HIS way and kill every single little child in the Jedi Temple, betray everyone he knows, become what he fought against, to save his wife...and then ____ING CHOKE HER TO DEATH!? How in gods name does that make any sense? It doesnt. Nothing does.

I guess so.

I just cannot fatham why some little prick would go OUT OF HIS way and kill every single little child in the Jedi Temple, betray everyone he knows, become what he fought against, to save his wife...and then ____ING CHOKE HER TO DEATH!? How in gods name does that make any sense? It doesnt. Nothing does.

The movie had it's moments but was poorly written (MY GOD THE DIALOG) and was poorly executed. The path he took to get from point A to point B over the course of the three movies was just terrible

I guess so.

It doesn't really make sense if you put it that way, but people don't always act rationally. Think of it this way: Anakin spent the whole movie trying to save Padme, even turning to the dark side and betraying everything he used to stand for, and instead of being grateful, she is (rightfully) horrified and takes Obi-wan's side. So he snaps. He feels betrayed. It doesn't take much for love to change to hate, and Anakin wasn't the most stable guy to begin with.

But that's just....silly. I get him having some anger on the subject....but is he really that stupid to have choked her, and then later ask if she's alright? C'mon....you cant really put logic into that...logic.

I'm getting tired of seeing, "the ending went over your head, you don't understand the movie" bull____. Khev, I respect your opinion and I agree with your feelings on Return of the Jedi but man, don't tell me that the prequels, or Revenge of the Sith for that matter is a movie that I don't understand.

It's terrible, goofy and stupid. The character development (or lack thereof) is awful. The things we loved about the OT are either non-existent or blatantly shoved down our throats. The films cater to their own existence instead of the existence of the original films doing things like changing the history in the original three films, changing backgrounds, changing characters etc. It's not even faithful to the original source of all this.

What's to love? There's nothing emotionally griping and the characters have NO character.

It's basically all about the visuals and that wasn't what Star Wars was about. There was an actual "force" associated with those older films, which is why people love them so much. The prequels don't have that charm to them and are "just there". That begs to question should they have even been told?

Lucas' first mistake was deciding to change The Empire Strikes Back opening crawls to "Episode V". He just couldn't leave well enough alone.

Wow. If you believe that then the entire finale of ROTS really went over your head. Anakin absolutely killed her. "Anakin, you're breaking my heart..." then several scenes later she dies of a broken heart. The choking didn't cause her to suffocate and die, but it DID cause her to die. Hence the irony.

I don't recall anyone saying its either of those things.

Sounds to me that this discussion has gone totally over your head. Padme dieing of a broken heart is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. "She just lost the will to live" according to that dumbass looking droid..... Ya because giving birth to your two children is a dumbass reason to live according to Lucas. Seriously just because Anakin turned out to be a ____ you want to stop living, after just having twins? WTF was even going on at the end, its like Lucas wanted her dead but didn't know how to do it. Living for her children makes much more sense then dieing of a broken heart for some ****** but wtf ever.

I'm getting tired of seeing, "the ending went over your head, you don't understand the movie" bull____. Khev,

Well what do you expect? ROTS wears its Shakespearan themes on its sleeve and you act like recognizing that must be a "joke." And this is after joining in with the fellows confused as to how Darth Vader, one of the great personifications of evil in cinema, could be capable of doing something dastardly. The entire six movie saga went to great pains to convey that Anakin and Vader are, for all intents and purposes, two very different people. One is a hero and loyal friend and one is "an agent of evil," "consumed by the Dark Side." "Gone is young Skywalker, consumed by Darth Vader he is." Who do you think Padme was pleading with on Mustafar? Young Ani with the pretty hair on Naboo who would do anything for her? Of course not. It was Vader the tyrant poised to force the entire galaxy to do his bidding, fully willing to murder any friend or innocent, demon Sith eyes blazing, to achieve his goals.

There was a hint of the good Anakin buried far beneath the surface (hence his tears when slaughtering the Separatists and the entire OT arc concerning his redemption), but that tiny sliver of good had long since lost control of his personality at that point.

I respect your opinion and I agree with your feelings on Return of the Jedi

And I can respect yours, I even agree with your stance on the Batman films, even the "infamous" Batman & Robin. I'm fine with the prequels, even if it can't be denied that the charm of ANH or perfection of ESB is a thing of the distant past.

I lump the PT and ROTJ together for the most part with the exception of the frustrating overuse of CGI in the PT. Just when I get sucked into ROTS I see those damn cartoon scout troopers walking around on Kashyyyk and have to always ask Why???? They looked so badass as real guys in the OT. I get that George wanted to have all the clones be exactly the same size. Here's a thought, why not make all the suits, oh I don't know, the exact same size! Then only cast extras that, oh I don't know, fit in the suits! But eh, what can you do.

I grew up with the OT and never thought I'd see new SW footage after riding the Star Tours ride at Disney. For all their faults the PT has provided many cool new elements, designs, music, etc., even if the artistry in the film construction themselves sometimes leaves much to be desired.

:goodpost::lecture:clap

You always make very well written, well thought out posts sir!

I do however like ROTS better than ROTJ. That the highly trained, well armed forces of the Empire could be defeated by the little ewoks with clubs and stones is just too much. I get the point, but it's just too heavy handed. That and Han.

Luke's arc and Vader's redemption are great though.

Back