Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, there are so many titles being released. I don't have the time to even complete them before new stuff rolls in. I am really thinking of just waiting till stuff drops below the $30 price tag before picking it up and that will give me some much needed time. Only time I think this wouldn't be a good idea, are the games where getting ahead start gives you an advantage against the competition or a collectors edition title(s) that tend to sell out (e.g. Batman: Arkham Knight CE). I signed up for the IGN daily deals and a pretty good amount of PS4 titles drop to the $15-30 level on a regular basis. I'm kicking myself because I purchased it for $60+ and it's still on my shelf in the shrink wrap when I see the deal :(

Yeah, there are so many titles being released. I don't have the time to even complete them before new stuff rolls in. I am really thinking of just waiting till stuff drops below the $30 price tag before picking it up and that will give me some much needed time. Only time I think this wouldn't be a good idea, are the games where getting ahead start gives you an advantage against the competition or a collectors edition title(s) that tend to sell out (e.g. Batman: Arkham Knight CE). I signed up for the IGN daily deals and a pretty good amount of PS4 titles drop to the $15-30 level on a regular basis. I'm kicking myself because I purchased it for $60+ and it's still on my shelf in the shrink wrap when I see the deal :(

Agree with this sentiment. I stopped buying brand new games due to an overload of existing games I own. Seems to be the older you get the more games you can buy, but you have less time to actually play and enjoy them.

Be proud of your dorkiness. You'll be experiencing something awesome and won't be able to see how silly you look anyway:)

OR? The Rift? I don't know if the Morpheus will have a camera built in for passthrough, but they should. The Gear VR has that feature and it's clunky, but nice to have. If, like you say,they make a it one button feature, it would be ideal.

Hololens will be interesting as well. The tech seems to be a bit too early right now and I have some doubts about it's viability, but conceptually it's brilliant and uncharacteristically forward thinking for MS. If they can keep the promises they've made, Hololens will be a big deal.

I prefer full VR over HoloLens half VR. :lol

PM seems to be getting the best reviews over the OR, Valve's and Samsung's version.

Although i'm sure all will equalize in quality eventually.

Finally, the true Next Gen. :lol

Imagine movies in VR! :thud:

Last edited:
Agree with this sentiment. I stopped buying brand new games due to an overload of existing games I own. Seems to be the older you get the more games you can buy, but you have less time to actually play and enjoy them.

62600867.jpg

I prefer full VR over HL half VR. :lol

PM seems to be getting the best reviews over the OR, Valve's and Samsung's version.

Although i'm sure all will equalize in quality eventually.

Finally, the true Next Gen. :lol

Imagine movies in VR! :thud:

Morpheus has definitely received a lot of praise,but I'd say that they're all about even in terms of quality. Morpheus has the huge advantage of being made for the PS4 which is selling well and already has a huge user base. PC VR is going to target higher end rigs for a while and will eventually be more affordable, but for now, Morpheus is the best option for the price range it'll be at.

Hololens is going to be more about social media and basic app use than gaming and VR. It's more of a competitor for tablets, phones and laptops than the real VR devices coming out. People will use it for simple games, web browsing and stuff like Skype in the early days I'm thinking.

I have a Gear VR, so I don't have to imagine:) Movies (both normal movies on a simulated screen and 360 3d films) in VR are amazing and going to get so much better. People don't know how awesome this stuff is going to be yet,but with the releases of mobile and console VR, they're about to find out.

:lecture :lecture I've found that my backlog pile grows faster than I can ever complete anything on it. Last year I committed myself to only pre-ordering the big games of the year (Batman, Metal Gear, Uncharted). Other than that, I wait for sub $20 or black friday sales.

That's a good idea as well. I missed PO Metal Gear CE and I might end up just paying the scalper price because I want a copy that much :(

I am excited for Arkham Knight CE with Batmobile at the end of the month!

Here's some good news: PS4 FINALLY supports media servers. Go download it, now!

Unfortunately, I tried it out and it seems way more sluggish than the PS3. Boo!

Also, for people c/o there PS4 fan going crazy. I haven't tried this out yet but worth a chance as the reviews look good so far: Here

Just purchased it so ill let you know what I think of it after I have it in hand.

I would buy that, the price is reasonable and it looks pretty functional. Any feedback so far?

I would buy that, the price is reasonable and it looks pretty functional. Any feedback so far?

Yeah, I received mine already and it replaced my old vertical ps4 stand. My ps4 would become hot and it was noticeably loud. Since getting this thing I have not heard the ps4 once, yet. It has x2 controller recharge stations / stands on the side which i rotate my ps4 controllers through routinely. There are x3 usb plug-ins in the front which I use to charge my ps3 controllers from. All-in-all I am pretty satisfied with this purchase and would recommend it.

I also received the storage upgrade device so once I get a HD that is supported by ps4 ill post a review as well.

Yeah, I received mine already and it replaced my old vertical ps4 stand. My ps4 would become hot and it was noticeably loud. Since getting this thing I have not heard the ps4 once, yet. It has x2 controller recharge stations / stands on the side which i rotate my ps4 controllers through routinely. There are x3 usb plug-ins in the front which I use to charge my ps3 controllers from. All-in-all I am pretty satisfied with this purchase and would recommend it.

I also received the storage upgrade device so once I get a HD that is supported by ps4 ill post a review as well.

Thanks for the input. I have the madcatz controller chargers and it sucks. I can leave the controllers on all night and I still only get about 2-3 hours off of a full charge. I like that this is a one stop-shop device.

As an aficionado of the most prestigious, PC Gaming Master Race, I have soiled myself by buying a PS4. Pleb membership achieved.

So... after two days with the PlebStation 4, I have to say, it's alright :rock. I'm finally able to play Arkham Knight without any noticeable issues, aside from some minor frame dips. The menus are very clean, and navigation is a seamless experience. I also like how I can launch the "XMB" on the fly while I'm in game and not even notice any slowdowns, whatsoever (unlike the PS3). I'm still getting used to the interface, but I like what I've seen so far. Best Pleb Box I ever bought. There are also some really great exclusives I'm looking forward to... and MGS V.

Wullcomb aboard! Using the XMB in the middle of gameplay at full capacity is probably the best feature on the console.

Launching the XMB in the middle of a game is very smooth. I did it and left to grab a quick snack. And when I returned, I was messing around with the settings and I forgot still had Arkham Knight playing in the background :lol. Sony did a beautiful job optimizing their OS for the console. Everything's very snappy and responsive, I love it.

Back