Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can run more than one thing at once too. Have a game, Youtube/Netflix and the Explorer running with no hiccups.

And that's the way it should be. I remember how slow the PS3's XMB is in the middle of a game.

Mentioning the PS3, do you still have yours hooked up, by the way?

Sleep mode is a feature from heaven. I like that I can instantly resume gaming at any point.

Mentioning the PS3, do you still have yours hooked up, by the way?

I do! My PS3 is going nowhere, there's still a ton of PS3 games I wanna play.

Sleep mode is a feature from heaven. I like that I can instantly resume gaming at any point.

I do! My PS3 is going nowhere, there's still a ton of PS3 games I wanna play.

Mine's still hooked up, I was playing Resident Evil 3 a little on the weekend.

Sleep mode is awesome, I have literally no reason to turn my PS4 off. I also like how the touch sensitive power button is back.

I also have my PS3 hooked up as well, and in fact it's sitting side-by-side with my PS4 :lol. I really wish the PS4 had backward compatibility, though...

I took some pics of my setup last night, so I'll post them in a bit.

I've been using the Arkham Knight and Devil May Cry 4 themes, but I'll probably switch to the Witcher tonight.

I had to give it a break yesterday. I really need to level up, I'm only one 4 and I'm getting owned by random ghouls :lol

Do side quests! It's an RPG, but except instead of random battle encounters, you have to do side-quests and finish tasks to grind your level. Go to the notice boards for potential Witcher countracts, and accept jobs from random NPCs as well. You'll need to be at least at Level 10 to match up with monsters in Velen. You can also check your Quests menu for the level requirements needed for a task.

The blacksmiths also have grindstones and a workbench that you can activate for free to enhance your swords and armor for about 17 minutes at a time. Be sure to craft potions to use, and specific oils for your swords too. At level 4, you might need to make use of Swallow a lot.

Last edited:
I've been trying! I tried doing a mission where you need to help a guy who's cleaning up a battlefield and protect him from creatures so that his brother in law gives you a discounted pass into a city... and the son of a ***** ended up dying on me.

I've been trying! I tried doing a mission where you need to help a guy who's cleaning up a battlefield and protect him from creatures so that his brother in law gives you a discounted pass into a city... and the son of a ***** ended up dying on me.

Forget the fake pass, you don't need it from his brother, you'll get a legit one one later on :monkey3. I accidentally failed that quest...

If you really need to give it a go, try casting Igni on the Ghouls and Rotfiends, they burn quite easily. The cool thing is, once the Rotfiends die, they'll explode and damage everything in their vicinity (including other Ghouls and Rotfiends). You can use that to your advantage, and time your rolls and evasive jumps so you don't get caught in their explosions.

I'll be there. It's just that I've never jumped into a series without playing the prior games first, no matter what the developers say.

It'll enhance the experience for sure, since you'll understand Geralt's relationships with some characters a lot more. But, like I told Plis, the previous games are only really referenced in Easter Eggs. You can certainly enjoy Witcher 3 as a standalone experience.

The convenient thing about the story, is that Geralt was an amnesiac in Witcher 1 and 2 :lol. But, he regained all of his memories just after the events of Witcher 2, so he's now trying to piece together his life again. With a lot of new experiences and new friends to become reacquainted with.

A pic of my console set-up....

10enar7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man :lol. We really need to play some multiplayer sometime. I think I'm going to buy TLOUR tonight, too.

i was wondering if any body knows why it is that with certain games the fan on the ps4 runs a bit loud and on others its really quiet.

Back