Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a way of turning off that "Which profile is using this controller" prompt for when you turn the system on with the controller?

I know it's only one extra press of a button, but it's annoying.

You mean whenever you first turn on the console? You can auto set your auto log-in from somewhere in the settings menu.

Does that include when you turn it on with the controller? I have auto login turned on, but that hasn't changed anything.

I don't think so, but at worst it's only a press of a button. :lol

Having auto log-in just like the PS3 though, is a huge convenience. Make sure to enable that in the settings.

I don't think so, but at worst it's only a press of a button. :lol

Having auto log-in just like the PS3 though, is a huge convenience. Make sure to enable that in the settings.

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal, to be sure. But any less buttons to press, the better.

PS4's menu is much better than PS3's, though. My favorite thing about the 360's gui is that you can just hit A - game started. With the PS3 they'd always throw some random 'recommended' game in the recent stuff, so you could never trust blindly starting a game. I usually turn on the system and start the game while watching TV on another input, so blind starting is important. :lecture

:exactly::lecture :exactly:

That's what I'm tolkien about!

i lol'd

Is there a way of turning off that "Which profile is using this controller" prompt for when you turn the system on with the controller?

I know it's only one extra press of a button, but it's annoying.

Mine did that at first too, then it stopped after the recent update, odd it's still doing it to you.

Today I join the elite gents. Picking up my PS4 later tonight. Got mordor and isolation coming tomorrow.

I'm enjoying it so far but can't wait for this new update to happen. Unable to play youtube out of the box sucks ass.

Is it me, or is the PS4 cooler than the slim PS3? The machine cools off after gameplay in just 10 minutes, wow.

PS4's Major 2.0 Update Arrives Next Week With Share Play, Themes, and Custom Soundtracks - GameSpot

The next system update for PlayStation 4, v2.00, will be released next Tuesday, October 28, Sony announced today.

This is a major update for the system--so much so that Sony has apparently decided to give it a non-numerical name, Masamune. We first heard about this update back in August, and just recently learned about more of what it includes.

Among the highlights are YouTube sharing, Share Play (allowing a remote PS4 owner to play games with you as if they were in the room), themes, and a USB music player that effectively enables custom soundtracks.

Other small improvements are also in store, including refining the home screen. Although not changed to the degree many would like, the home screen will now display the 15 most-used games and apps, with the remainder of the software installed on your system being confined to the Library section. Also new is a way to add PlayStation Plus games to your account without initiating a download and a "players you may know" area in the What's New section.

Unfortunately my USB stick doesn't fit into the PS4 :(

The PS4 is missing a crapload of features, unfortunately and I'm glad some of them will be addressed soon. Here's my top 10 things that NEED to be fixed:

1) Dedicated Youtube app.
2) Media Server functionality.
3) Notification of who just signed in/out.
4) Manual sign-in and invisible sign-in.
5) Video and music playback trough HDD.
6) Folders.
7) Themes.
8) Last sign-in information of friends.
9) Ability to copy files in the background.
10) Dim that damn LED even further. Just what are they thinking?? :slap :mad:

The PS4 is missing a crapload of features, unfortunately and I'm glad some of them will be addressed soon. Here's my top 10 things that NEED to be fixed:

1) Dedicated Youtube app.
2) Media Server functionality.
3) Notification of who just signed in/out.
4) Manual sign-in and invisible sign-in.
5) Video and music playback trough HDD.
6) Folders.
7) Themes.
8) Last sign-in information of friends.
9) Ability to copy files in the background.
10) Dim that damn LED even further. Just what are they thinking?? :slap :mad:

Maybe you need to get PS Plus for #3 and #8. Seems weird that those features would be excluded from the PS4, when they were included on the PS3.

Playing alien in the dark it's like a lightsaber :lol

How far are you up to?

It's beyond irritating! I tend to play games in the dark for immersion, but the LED is so bright that at times it even interrupted my game as I can't see where the enemies are. I really don't need indicators on my controller, that's what the damn TV is for. So many times I had to point the controller downwards and that hurts my wrists. :lol

Maybe you need to get PS Plus for #3 and #8. Seems weird that those features would be excluded from the PS4, when they were included on the PS3.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think those are available for Plus users either. It's obvious that the current gen consoles were rushed in order to beat the competition, and now Sony and Microsoft seems to be scrambling to get the basic features back together.

Yeah, it'll be good to know. I don't think you have full access to the PSN without a PS Plus subscription. I can't even see you online when you're playing :lol.

Yeah, it'll be good to know. I don't think you have full access to the PSN without a PS Plus subscription. I can't even see you online when you're playing :lol.

Anything I'm currently missing on PS3 by not having Plus that you can tell?

I do have to get Plus soon if I wanna play the TLOU multiplayer.

Anything I'm currently missing on PS3 by not having Plus that you can tell?

I do have to get Plus soon if I wanna play the TLOU multiplayer.

Well, for the PS3, you're not missing anything, except for additional savings on already discounted games, and "free" games that become available for Plus members.

Back