Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a few hours left until the update. Now to remember my Youtube password. :lol

I'd love to try out Share Play but I have no friends. :lol

What game you got Ryan? I've got alien, mordor, last of us, destiny if you wanna shareplay :lol

Only two so far, TLOU and MGSV Ground Zeroes. I would really love to get Isolation as soon as I see an American copy arriving where I am. I preordered GTAV too, are you getting that, Irvy?

I'm checking out the UI and features of the update now. No Youtube app just yet, and not much is different at first glance. No free themes, and the PS4 doesn't sleep now, it "rests". Good for you, PS4. :lol

You could also say "Playstation" and it asks you what you wanna do. I said "I'm cool, thanks" but it didn't seem to understood me. Oh well.

Last edited:
Only two so far, TLOU and MGSV Ground Zeroes. I would really love to get Isolation as soon as I see an American copy arriving where I am. I preordered GTAV too, are you getting that, Irvy?

I'm checking out the UI and features of the update now. No Youtube app just yet, and not much is different at first glance. No free themes, and the PS4 doesn't sleep now, it "rests". Good for you, PS4. :lol

You could also say "Playstation" and it asks you what you wanna do. I said "I'm cool, thanks" but it didn't seem to understood me. Oh well.

Thats because it only understands certain phrases, like:
Charge my credit card
Share on Facebook
Show more ads

:lol:rotfl:lol.......just kidding

FFS it's mind boggling that in 2014 something ships out without a youtube app. I'm waiting on GTA also, it's good fun online.

The home screen is a mess compared to the 360.

It has its own version of Siri now? :lol

Who needs friends when you can just converse with your PS4?

It has its own version of Siri now? :lol

Yeah, I tried it out & it's kinda neat actually. You can even do it during gameplay to take you to certain commands such as going to the PS store, record, etc.

Oh just to put it out there, I tried using an American, British and Asian accents and they all work fine. :lol

Yeah, I tried it out & it's kinda neat actually. You can even do it during gameplay to take you to certain commands such as going to the PS store, record, etc.

Oh just to put it out there, I tried using an American, British and Asian accents and they all work fine. :lol

That sounds neat. Do you think the voice commands are a practical feature, though - something that you'd be likely to use instead of your controller?

That sounds neat. Do you think the voice commands are a practical feature, though - something that you'd be likely to use instead of your controller?

Maybe, though I can't say for sure without testing everything out. I know I could go the the PS store while playing a game by saying the commands which saves a few button presses or broadcast a live game by just saying it.

Somebody already posted the new commands. "Start game"? We're getting too fat to press a button. :lol

PlaystationTV Remote Play works better now too---there's an option to set a lower quality for better performance, and it works pretty well. Haven't tried Destiny yet since the servers were down, but Resogun played just fine. I think it might be lowering the quality to 480p, but it still looks fine

PlaystationTV Remote Play works better now too---there's an option to set a lower quality for better performance, and it works pretty well. Haven't tried Destiny yet since the servers were down, but Resogun played just fine. I think it might be lowering the quality to 480p, but it still looks fine

Does the PSTV output remote play in surround sound? That would determine if I'll get one for my other room.

Just got home, the update has installed but I literally see nothing different. Same messy dash with stuff hidden everywhere.

Anybody having trouble starting the ps4 from rest mode? It doesnt do anything it just beeps but doesnt start. I have to unplug it and start it.....other than that no other issues.

Anybody having trouble starting the ps4 from rest mode? It doesnt do anything it just beeps but doesnt start. I have to unplug it and start it.....other than that no other issues.
Same thing happened to me. Put it in rest mode, couldn't wake it up. Light on the side of the PS4 was pulsing orange and the fans running. Holding the power button for like 10 seconds finally got it to shut off.

Same thing happened to me. Put it in rest mode, couldn't wake it up. Light on the side of the PS4 was pulsing orange and the fans running. Holding the power button for like 10 seconds finally got it to shut off.

Thanks! I shut it off completely and i guess till the problem is fixed i wont put it in sleep mode. I read that many people are having the same problem.

Same here after installing the update, once I shut it down I couldn't get it to turn back on with the controller. Had to push and hold the power button.

Back