Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the difference between "gaming" headset and just normal headphones. Are the quality really as good as say Bose?

I do not own any Bose headphones myself, but these have 7.1 surround, are comfortable to wear, and as with The Last of Us, Watch Dogs and Infamous, there are settings for the headset via the app that is in the PS store which uploads sound settings to optimize your experience. I'm sure as more titles are released, more preset sounds will be available.

My feeling is that for $100, sound, comfort and features all work well with the PS4, making these a great headset to own.

I think you can find them for around 80 bucks now, I have them, and they are pretty good.

Yes, both Xbox One and PS4 play 3D Blu-Ray now. Xbox One is also going to be getting a media player that can play most video formats off a USB drive. No plans yet for PS4 to expend its media capability.

I feel this is basic stuff. I want a Media player. Movies, pictures(wallpapers), music visualiser. Clearly Sony don't think the same, at least not since ps4 :(

Quick question for anyone who has a ps4 if I have ps plus can I download any title to play it on the ps4 or are the games only limited to the ps3?

All the PS4 games are available for a digital purchase. As far as PS3 goes, those games are separate, so if there's a game that's on both then buying on PS3 doesn't give you the PS4 version as well.

No, there's no PS1 games on the PS4, some games get rereleased digitally but they don't have a big store for old games like that. There's a few digital games on PS3 and PS4 that get you access to both versions, but there's no PS1/PS2 stuff.

No, there's no PS1 games on the PS4, some games get rereleased digitally but they don't have a big store for old games like that. There's a few digital games on PS3 and PS4 that get you access to both versions, but there's no PS1/PS2 stuff.

I remember there was a rumour going around that Sony was trying to get ps1 & 2 games playable on PS4 without Zaikai. We'll see what happens with that

So the way that backwards compatibility worked before, the PS3 originally had an actual PS2 chip inside so it could basically act as a PS2 which meant it could run PS1 games. After a bit they added it as software emulation instead of a chip but then they removed that as well. For the PS4 they would have to add software emulation which is possible, but is a matter of whether or not they think it's important enough for them to. I don't think they will do it. Their Playstation Now/Gaikai system is probably going to have PS2/PS1 games.

If the PS4 will have backwards compatibility with the PSone, I hope they'll make use of the GPU instead of pure bare bones software emulation. I'm sad to say that PC emulators such as the EPSXE could upscale and render PS1 games with truly jaw dropping results. I never believed it either until I tried some games on an emulator and compared it side by side with a PS3. I could never play PS1 games on a PS3 again. :lol

I took a screen cap of my emulator running the PS1 RE2, just look at how defined the face is with barely any jagged edges. I'm sure the PS4 could do the same.

15087361999_a035a06a43_o.png

If the PS4 will have backwards compatibility with the PSone, I hope they'll make use of the GPU instead of pure bare bones software emulation. I'm sad to say that PC emulators such as the EPSXE could upscale and render PS1 games with truly jaw dropping results. I never believed it either until I tried some games on an emulator and compared it side by side with a PS3. I could never play PS1 games on a PS3 again. :lol

I took a screen cap of my emulator running the PS1 RE2, just look at how defined the face is with barely any jagged edges. I'm sure the PS4 could do the same.

15087361999_a035a06a43_o.png

I dunno for me I think the jaggies gave some games a charm, or even looked better.
MGS1 to me looks nicer with its jaggies. It can sometimes hide the lack of detail of textures

I dunno for me I think the jaggies gave some games a charm, or even looked better.
MGS1 to me looks nicer with its jaggies. It can sometimes hide the lack of detail of textures

You're right- MGS1 DOES looks nicer with jaggies, so does certain games like Silent Hill. Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and most other PS1 games however, does not. In fact, the jaggies on Claire's face was so bad, I didn't even knew she had a face. :lol

I concur, I like jaggies on my PS1 games too.

I prefer to play them on my PSone but whenever I emulate, the top resolution I set is 800x600 with little to no enhanced textures.

Back