Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im wondering my PS3 is hardwired with an ethernet cable, but for whatever reason when I actually turn my PS3 on sometimes it automatically cuts my internet off and I have to reset my modem and go thru this whole chabang to even turn the PS3 on. I only have a few games on my PS3 and Im not a fanboy by any means, but most of the games I play are on my 360.

Is your IP address on your PS3 set manually or automatically? It sounds like you may have an IP conflict.

Is your IP address on your PS3 set manually or automatically? It sounds like you may have an IP conflict.

Im not even sure shropt...I would assume its automatic because I dont remember inputting any kind of IP. Thanks for that heads up though, I didnt even think to check that.

I'm thinking about buying a PS3 right now. I was planning to get one at Christmas time, and use that as an incentive to get work done between now and then (I want to put together an illustration portfolio and website by that time), but now I'm thinking of just buying it today. It's not working as an incentive, I don't feel motivated by it at all, and at the moment I feel kind of depressed and irritated and I think a PS3 will cure that.

My only worry is that I'll buy the PS3 and get no work done, that I wont be able to pull myself away from it for at least a few weeks. My hope, however, is that it will rejuvenate me and I'll get more work done because of it...

To have a PS3 and GTA IV, to be sitting here playing it, that sure would be something!

What do you all say? Somebody encourage me one way or the other.

I 2nd that, if thats what you want man, buy it and have fun. Jam out and then take a break and get a few hours of work done and then go back to it when you need a break from the work.

This sounds rather screwed up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14948701

Sony asks gamers to sign new terms or face PSN ban

Sony is preparing to ban gamers from the PlayStation Network (PSN) unless they waive the right to collectively sue it over future security breaches.

The firm has amended PSN's terms and conditions and users have to agree to them next time they log in.

The move comes months after a string of hacking attacks compromised over 100 million accounts of the PlayStation Network subscribers.

It is, however, possible to opt out of the agreement within the next 30 days.

Gamers will now have to try to resolve any legal issues with an arbitrator picked by Sony, before being able to file a lawsuit.

The new clauses, dubbed "Binding Individual Arbitration," state that "any Dispute Resolution Proceedings, whether in arbitration or court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class or representative action or as a named or unnamed member in a class, consolidated, representative or private attorney general action".

The re-written terms and conditions are being presented to gamers when they log in, but some have questioned who will notice the changes.

Tech news site The Register wondered who would notice the small print outlining the opt-out terms, and not simply click the "agree" box having scrolled all the way down.

Those that want to opt out will have to send a letter to Sony's Los Angeles headquarters in the US.

Once they do, the subscribers will be able to keep their right to file a class action lawsuit without any need for arbitration.

But before subscribers have a chance to opt out, they will still be required to agree to the new terms the next time they log into their accounts.

Otherwise they will not be able to use the online services.
Attacks and apology

A class action lawsuit filed against Sony in April after the first attack, in which the details of 77 million users were stolen and PSN went offline for 40 days, could end up costing the Japanese electronics giant billions of dollars.

Sony Online Entertainment, the company's computer games service, was also hit, as well as the Sony Pictures website, exposing personal information for 25 million more accounts.

In addition, personal data of 2,000 consumers was stolen from a Sony Ericsson website in Canada and details of 8,500 users were leaked on a Sony Music Entertainment website in Greece.

Some time later, a group called Lulz Security claimed to have broken into Sonypictures.com.

Sony has since apologized over the security breaches and offered compensation packages.

I actually logged in last night and this came up and I just said yeah yeah whatever Sony...I dont play it enough and have never bought anything from the PSN so Im not to worried.

I actually logged in last night and this came up and I just said yeah yeah whatever Sony...I dont play it enough and have never bought anything from the PSN so Im not to worried.

Same with me. While I play online more on PSN than LIVE I don't purchase anything from the PSN store with my credit card.

It is a messed up system that any of these companies that provide updates can slip in new terms and make a customer agree otherwise that cant use it to its intended potential.

Same with Apple the difference being that your functionality remains the same.

If you dont agree to this anti-lawsuit thing then you can't play online or buy anything from the PSN. THAT IS WRONG!

I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure something like this wouldn't hold up in court.

It's 100% legal and actually very common. Most contracts you sign will state that if you have any problems that litigation will occur in a particular state or through arbitration. I surprised these terms weren't already in there.

It's pretty sad that I never read any of the stuff I was agreeing to until after the PSN outage scandal. I'm fortunate that I just bought the LIVE renewal cards, and not I'm just using the PSN cards for the store.

after all this mess with sony being hacked or whatever, i deleted my credit card info and if i am gonna buy something from the ps store i just buy a $20.00 psn card from target or best buy and problem solved.

Yeah, so I get back home after a 4hr. drive for a wedding over the weekend, turn on the PS3 to watch netflix and I get the ToS notice. I, being of legal background, actually started reading it but then I was like, how long is this and kept scrolling. It's rather ridiculous but I promised myself that if I do any PSN buying I will buy through Amazon a online gift card...and then enter the code on PSN, cutting PSN out of having my credit card at all.

Yeah because of the length of these things I'm sure many people skip reading the TOS without hesitation.

yeah i was one of those who dont know what the heck i agreed to when i got that notice i figure it must be something that sooner or later will give you credit card trouble but like i said, i deleted all my cc info a couple of months back and only buy stuff with psn cards.

What do you guys think about that new 3D gaming TV that Sony came out with for the PS3?

What do you guys think about that new 3D gaming TV that Sony came out with for the PS3?

Meh...I'd rather take that money and buy a 50-60" TV. But then again I'm anti-3D.

~~The one cool thing that I've heard about that TV is that it supports split screen 3D. That's the only true benefit I can see out of buying this TV over a standard 3D TV.

Since an update a couple of weeks back both bbc iplayer and itv player have dissappeared from my PS3 menu. Any one know how to get them back? It would be much appreciated!

Back