Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since my 360 died on me recently after 4years of owning it(not too bad), i decided to pick up the Killzone 3 hardware bundle today from Best Buy, came with BioShock 2 as part of the deal and also went and grabbed Metal Gear:Guns of the Patriots and God Of War III...total for everything was $395..not too bad.

Ok mystery of my slow PS3 connection solved. Prior to last night, I had the whole thing unplugged: ethernet and power cord. When I hooked it all up, I just started to download. Once I went to Network settings and ran the 'Easy' option, I guess everything re-synched back up, cause it ran great after that

I am such a Noob

I wouldn't say that. Hardware shouldn't require a user to babysit network settings to remain functional.

Thanks, yeah. I agree. Funny thing: I had checked the setting and appeared the same, but boy that connection sure didnt work until I went thru the motions of redoing the setting.

At least now I know

Sony is making it easy to help earthquake victims in Japan:

It’s been over a week since the devastating earthquake and tsunami hit Japan, inflicting serious loss of life and leaving hundreds of thousands homeless. The Japanese people, together with support and compassion from the global community, are beginning what will be a long recovery process.

Sony Computer Entertainment’s headquarters are located in Tokyo, and so we’ve heard firsthand of the disaster’s impact from our colleagues and friends. As we here in America watch the tragic events that continue to unfold, you might be left thinking, “Is there any way I can help?”

Sony Group is aiding the recovery through financial contributions and donations of radios, batteries and other equipment that can be used in the relief efforts. Today we’re making it possible for you to contribute directly to the earthquake and tsunami recovery efforts through a medium you’re already quite familiar with – the PlayStation Network.

You can make donations in the amount of $2, $5, $10, $25 and $50 from your wallet in the PlayStation Store. With your donation, you’ll get a free theme for your PlayStation 3. In order to make a donation, go to the “Aid Japan” area under the New Releases category on the PlayStation Store.

It’s important to note that your contributions will go directly to the American Red Cross – Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Fund. Every penny donated will go to the fund, which supports emergency relief and recovery efforts, including deploying personnel, sending relief supplies and providing financial resources.

Many gamers in particular feel a special bond with Japan, even if they’ve never traveled there personally. Its ingenuity and innovation have shaped our industry, and its culture and style have brought a sense of community across the world.

Please join us now in helping the Japanese people during this great time of need. Together we can have a significant impact on the relief process.

For more information on Sony’s support of the relief efforts, visit https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/csr/groupcsr.html.

It's for a good cause and you get a free PS3 menu theme.

So one of the buttons on my controller (Dualshock 3) got stuck. I took it apart to fix it but the one of the wire on the rumber motor broke and I don't have a soldering tool. I put the controller back together so my question is, should the controller itself still work? The battery was undamaged but it didn't turn on and I am recharging the battery now and the LEDs are flashing. Should it be ok? How long does it normally take for a PS3 controller to re-charge?

Does anybody know if there's a way to change your netflix interface? Mine updated a couple of weeks ago and the display changed to a really crappy on that I hate. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall a couple of times, but I keep getting the crappy interface.

A friend of mine still has the old style on his that I preferred. It's annoying that his interface stayed the same and I'm stuck with this sucky one.

Netflix sends different interfaces to different people. It's HTML based so Netflix can give you a different interface without pushing an update. It's convenient, but also annoying because Netflix uses it's users as focus groups and have them try different interfaces on a whim.

The really crappy one you have right now is the one the majority has at the moment, I think, and it's terrible. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do other than complain to Netflix via e-mail or ping @NetflixHelps on twitter.

PS3 getting NFL Sunday Ticket!

Hello PlayStation Nation!

Are you ready for some football!

We are excited to announce that PlayStation has partnered with DIRECTV to bring its popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, to the PlayStation 3 game console. PlayStation owners across the country will now have the opportunity to watch every out-of-market Sunday game on their PS3.

DIRECTV and PlayStation announce NFL SUNDAY TICKET on PS3

How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV-exclusive sports package that offers:

Up to 14 NFL games every Sunday
Full HD for every football game
DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel

We know that PlayStation fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL SUNDAY TICKET is the perfect complement to the PS3’s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter. We’ll have more info, including a video tutorial and sign up information on the blog shortly. I hope you’re as excited for the football season as we are.

Have you guys seen the stuff for Dust 514? Very interesting sounding game and if its done right it might take Battlefields place on my multiplayer shooter list.

Back