Pics of Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time for a redo.
The first one isn't terrible and I agree that they capture Goblin well. He needs a dynamic base and a new pose.

I love the idea of him gliding around the side of the building the Spidey Com is hanging on.

I hope they redo the GG. Really hate the look of the first one.
I agree. I really don't like the face on this PF or either bust. They make him look too much like something out of a Lord of the Rings movie, or a witch or something...just don't like it.

GG is a human wearing a green mask, and should look more human and less like an actual goblin, in my opinion. I'd like to see them make a new PF based more on the Alex Ross artwork, or even the Romita Sr. classic look.

On top of that, I'm not crazy about the material they used, something about the pose looks awkward to me, and the base is pretty weak. Just my 2 cents...not trying to diss anyone who likes it.

Green%20Goblin%20Alex%20Ross%20Bust.jpg

tumblr_mbep71OKRb1rvm4udo1_400.jpg

2433781-amazing_spider_man_39.jpg

I find the PF looks masked. I like that look. GG is my favourite villain. I never bought the piece because of the base. I can't stand it. The rest of it looks solid.

I'd like to see a new GG join the comiquette line. It has yet to disappoint and I think to capture one of GGs dynamic gliding poses we need to go full sculpt.

I like Ross' realism but I have to say one of my all time favourite moments isNorman snapping and raging through Thunderbolts base on his glider killing everybody. That looks more like th Goblin this PF was made for (even if that was written well after).

I find the PF looks masked. I like that look. GG is my favourite villain. I never bought the piece because of the base. I can't stand it. The rest of it looks solid.

I'd like to see a new GG join the comiquette line. It has yet to disappoint and I think to capture one of GGs dynamic gliding poses we need to go full sculpt.

I like Ross' realism but I have to say one of my all time favourite moments isNorman snapping and raging through Thunderbolts base on his glider killing everybody. That looks more like th Goblin this PF was made for (even if that was written well after).

Hey, everyone has their own opinion. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for liking the PF, just saying why I don't like it. Green Goblin is my favourite Spidey villain, and I'd like to see him look a certain way. I think if they ever do another PF (I'd prefer fully sculpted, too...but I guess they do fully sculpted PF's now), they could easily satisfy both crowds with switch out heads.

I should point out that I like everything about the Alex Ross version that I posted above, except I'd change the eyes to the classic big white eyes (similar to the Romita Sr look).

I find Ross' look doesn't look like a mask. It looks more like someone put green face paint, put on some spectacles and got some LOTR elf ears from a haloween shop.

I find Ross' look doesn't look like a mask. It looks more like someone put green face paint, put on some spectacles and got some LOTR elf ears from a haloween shop.

Yeah, but I still like the look better than the one Sideshow put out. What I'm getting at is that I like a more human looking goblin mask, instead of the witch-like style that SS seems to favour.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of the test mask for Spider-Man 1 (why, oh why, didn't they follow through with this instead of the helmet?):

mqdefault.jpg

GreenGoblinMakeUpTest.jpg

I'd definitely like to see GG redone. I too never really liked the PF. Mostly the base, but something always seemed off. Comiquette redo for the win!

The Green Goblin PF is one of the most underrated and best executed pieces out there. Are you guys on glue? Man... It is awesome!

I don't think they can beat it.

The Green Goblin PF is one of the most underrated and best executed pieces out there. Are you guys on glue? Man... It is awesome!

Sorry, never really cared for it. Another PF would be great. Fully sculpted this time, of course.

I suspect a lot of people never saw it in person. It is outstanding.

I suspect a lot of people never saw it in person. It is outstanding.

I admit that I haven't seen it in person, but I don't think seeing it in person will change the fact that I dislike the style of face they went with. That's my biggest issue with the piece.

I think SS could do so much better on a redo.

I admit that I haven't seen it in person, but I don't think seeing it in person will change the fact that I dislike the style of face they went with. That's my biggest issue with the piece.

That's one of the problems I had with the piece. Also really disliked the cloth chosen for it. I also can't stand the name on the base. Never liked that on any of my statues. I have seen it in person. Looking forward to a possible revisit to this character.

What's the likelihood of that happening? I love Spidey and his villains, but it's so confusing as to what Sideshow is planning or even thinking!

gotta say I agree.
The color matching is its only issue.... :monkey1

I have longed to have this one in my collection as well. Capturing this and the Original Spidey Comiquette would make my Sideshow collection complete. I think it captures him perfectly with the exception of the pumpkin on the base. Takes away from the statue a bit imo but he looks awesome from the satchel to the scales down to the teeth and my favorite part is probably the pumpkin bomb. Even the bomb looks alive!

That's one of the problems I had with the piece. Also really disliked the cloth chosen for it. I also can't stand the name on the base. Never liked that on any of my statues. I have seen it in person. Looking forward to a possible revisit to this character.

Agree with both of your statements. I love the action pose with the glider and I think overall the sculpt looks great until you look at his face and name tag.... Hopefully well see this character revisited. Hobgoblin came out great! I've been looking for him in place of the green gob

The killer for me on this piece is the name plate. I'm glad SS didn't stick with that convention (or maybe I'm not, as I'd probably have much fewer statues)

nay, never like the face on the sideshow piece, the upcoming bowen one is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back