Petion to have hot toys not cancel 66 batmobile.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on board for a HT '66 Batmobile too. This should have been released two years ago.

Totally.

To many would be collectors of the 1.6 Batmobile, myself included, the figures are merely accessories to the car.

Same, but I've resigned myself to not being able to afford this with all the other HT coming... and my Avengers are still mainly the first versions of the heroes. Everything being so expensive, they need to space these out with our spending rather than their most efficient manufacturing schedule. It's going to make us crash...

Spoke to Kevin from Sideshow at SDCC. He says they haven't received any word that this is cancelled and are probably just working out production issues...kinda like Howard mentioned in that interview so long ago.

...but this can't hurt our chances.

This car needs to be made - I also have invested in both Batman and Robin - and have started buying up little pieces (Gotham 14 miles sign) for my display. I've bought all their other 1/6 vehicles - I would feel completely misled and extremely disappointed if this is not made.

I got Batman and Robin and was already putting aside $ for the Batmobile. HT really needs to make one of the greatest cars in history a reality. I would have gladly given up the '89 for the '66. Also still want to see Batgirl, Joker, Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin. Either make 'me or turn over the license to someone who will.

In case HT is watching, I too would pre-order this as soon as it's available. I have Batman and Robin, and was even speaking with a young art student about creating a Batcave diorama for me. Please Hot Toys, finish this amazing piece!

In case HT is watching, I too would pre-order this as soon as it's available. I have Batman and Robin, and was even speaking with a young art student about creating a Batcave diorama for me. Please Hot Toys, finish this amazing piece!

Thanks for adding to the thread. Keep it going guys and gals.

Have Batman & Robin set aside and I am ready to preorder when you are ready Hot Toys !

I am still hoping HT continues with the 1966 Batmobile. The sales would reach beyond just 1/6th scale collectors as well. So many fans of the car would buy it just to own it, and would probably buy Batman and Robin to boot. Come on Hot Toys, deliver the goods.

I am still hoping HT continues with the 1966 Batmobile. The sales would reach beyond just 1/6th scale collectors as well. So many fans of the car would buy it just to own it, and would probably buy Batman and Robin to boot. Come on Hot Toys, deliver the goods.

:clap

I grew up watching the series and it will always hold a place in my heart. The series started a life long obsession with Batman. Yes I'd like to kill Schumacher for his horrendous contribution,then bring him back to life and hug him for his list of awesome movies. Going back and watching the series now that I'm older I cringe at just about everything and can't believe I loved it so much as a kid...except that car. It's the best thing that came out of the series(Julie Newmar excluded) and should be made because the feeling I got looking at it as a child remains to this day. Pure beauty it is. I passed on the two figures they made from the series but I'd buy that car.

Going back and watching the series now that I'm older I cringe at just about everything and can't believe I loved it so much as a kid...

That's the exact opposite of my reaction to the tv series. As a kid, I was always kind of embarrassed by the show, and not only the way it portrayed Batman, but also the way in which it came to define comic book characters for the non-comic book reading populace at large. Every mention of a super-hero was preceded by a 'pow', 'bam', 'biff', even though the show had finished twenty years before. This was back in the day when the new wave of 'grim and gritty'was repositioning Batman as a more grounded, gothic avenger of the night once again. When it was a badge of honour for comics to be called 'graphic novels'. 'Camp' was the last thing I wanted associated with the character, because Batman was serious business to me and you better believe I wanted everyone else to take it seriously too.

Now I'm much older, my stance has changed completely. I wanted a dark, grim and gritty Batman back then, but damn....after being stuck with the same old s***e for almost thirty years I passed being bored with it a long time ago. The 66 Batman has become the only version of the character i can actually enjoy anymore. I now love the tv show for the very reasons I used to find it cringeworthy and cheesy when I was a self-conscious, 'serious=cool', child. It's witty and knowing, intentionally camp, full of fantastic character actors hamming it up, wears it's comic book inspiration on it's sleeve, and cracks me up at least once every episode.

I've got the Hot Toys 89 Batmobile but I would gladly bounce it off the walls, boot it around the room and throw it off the roof if you told me I had to get rid of it right now to make room for the 66 version.

Back