Petion to have hot toys not cancel 66 batmobile.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A petition on a forum will do nothing to get this released, just as all those Drax petitions do nothing.

Thanks for contributing nothing. Trying to show there is interest and want in this. People lit up the green Lantern board and everyone complained about price and how DC direct version Lantern lit up and at 99.00. Then a bit later after he went up for preorder, ssc announced it will light up.

Don't you have other boards complaining it is not at true 1/6 scale to troll on?

Any theories on why the 'coming soon' listing was taken down and is now back up on Sideshow's site? Was it taken down in error? Put back up in error? Is Sideshow's site overseen by baboons?
Pretty bizarre.
Put it up, take it down, put it up, take it down...
sxddet.gif

Anyone who thinks people who grew up with the '66 Batman show are not collectors of 1/6 figures, they are sadly mistaken. Just because we don't make our age known doesn't mean we are not out there. Hot Toys needs to realize where the disposable income lies. There is a huge crossover with this car that appeals to many, many groups. We have money in hand, waiting to make this purchase. The longer HT waits, they more $ they are losing. I can put the money into the purchase of this car, or I can upgrade something on my '70 Chevelle. You snooze, you lose Hot Toys!

Response I got from Sideshow Customer Service Facebook Page: Hi Jose! As of right now, we have not received word from Hot Toys on the status of this item. Once we know when the atomic batteries are powered and the turbines are to speed, we will notify everyone via our newsletter and website. - Danny

Anyone who thinks people who grew up with the '66 Batman show are not collectors of 1/6 figures, they are sadly mistaken. Just because we don't make our age known doesn't mean we are not out there. Hot Toys needs to realize where the disposable income lies. There is a huge crossover with this car that appeals to many, many groups. We have money in hand, waiting to make this purchase. The longer HT waits, they more $ they are losing. I can put the money into the purchase of this car, or I can upgrade something on my '70 Chevelle. You snooze, you lose Hot Toys!

I am right there with you brother. 44 years old, grew up watching show. I am restoring my wife's 76 camaro and then my 67 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I have the money to spend. I plan on buying 2 of the 66 batmobiles if released. One to display and one to keep boxed and put away.

Thanks for contributing nothing. Trying to show there is interest and want in this. People lit up the green Lantern board and everyone complained about price and how DC direct version Lantern lit up and at 99.00. Then a bit later after he went up for preorder, ssc announced it will light up.

Don't you have other boards complaining it is not at true 1/6 scale to troll on?

If you actually read through that Green Lantern thread you would know that I was one of the biggest contributors to that thread. Having the lantern light up really did not even fix the main issues, which was the costume design and lack of constructs. From my understanding the Lantern light up feature was always planned and just never added in the description on the site. So, despite my efforts and efforts of others (I remember Groovy34? as well in that thread with great points) nothing changed. We did nothing. We voiced our displeasure, got a SSC worker to kindly answer some questions and shed some light (even invited us to a drink at SDCC) on the figure and the choices that went in and that was about it.

So, as I said before, this "petition" (a petition would require signatures), in the long run will be pointless to whether or not this gets released.

I sold off my custom 1/6 Batmobile and Custom figures years ago in hopes HT would make this dream come true.

So I then purchased these Hot Toys figs with the intent of buying the Batmobile as IT WAS CLEAR TO ME that a Batmobile would follow to go along with them. Why else would they display the BATMOBILE and INCLUDE IT IN PHOTOS used for Pre ordering the Batman and Robin figures? If this is truly cancelled, I"ll feel like I was misled.

PD1379563499MQz.jpg

I have to agree with you. Why show pics with them with the batmobile? Every movie bats has had the vehicle released with 89 and Nolan Bats.

But west batman and Ward Robin need to have it displayed with the batmobile. To me they do not look right displayed without it. It was so iconic for the show and is still today.

Hell, 66 batmobile number one sold for 4.75 million dollars at Barret Jackson auction. Tell me this is not the most iconic and recognizable vehicle in TV and movie history.

Easily the most recognized tv car in history. Any event that has a Batmobile there, always a huge crowd around it and people taking pictures, wanting to get a photo inside the car etc. This is an iconic piece of history and will be the envy of anyone's collection. I sure hope Hot Toys realizes the mass appeal of this car!

Easily the most recognized tv car in history. Any event that has a Batmobile there, always a huge crowd around it and people taking pictures, wanting to get a photo inside the car etc. This is an iconic piece of history and will be the envy of anyone's collection. I sure hope Hot Toys realizes the mass appeal of this car!

For decades it has drawn crowds, everywhere.

I have to agree with you. Why show pics with them with the batmobile? Every movie bats has had the vehicle released with 89 and Nolan Bats.

But west batman and Ward Robin need to have it displayed with the batmobile. To me they do not look right displayed without it. It was so iconic for the show and is still today.

Hell, 66 batmobile number one sold for 4.75 million dollars at Barret Jackson auction. Tell me this is not the most iconic and recognizable vehicle in TV and movie history.

I can think of about 70 that are just as or more popular.

BBC - Autos - Can you identify these cars from film and TV?

If the problem is indeed the rolling wheels why did nt Mattel issue a "Cease and desist" notice three years ago?

I've pretty much thrown money at hot toys for every marvel and dc figure from the very beginning (plus other movie and vid game figs) and I wasn't planning to stop with the batmobile.

Please don't cancel this!

I've pretty much thrown money at hot toys for every marvel and dc figure from the very beginning (plus other movie and vid game figs) and I wasn't planning to stop with the batmobile.

Please don't cancel this!

Thanks for posting! Keep the thread going my friends. We need this!

Back