Pangaea - Scottish General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now they are saying about one more month... hope this is true

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

No, sorry that’s their answer almost every time that they’re asked. They’ve told me that two or three times over the past year.

Even if/when this thing is finally released, I fear what the production version will look like compared to the prototype.

I had preordered this waaaaaaay back when it was first announced but at this point I have moved so far beyond this that I kind of hope it never comes because I don’t want to have to pay for it now.

Wow, I hope not! According to their Facebook, the Samurai is not coming out until next year!

Where does it say that?

Hmmm... the I can’t even find the thread now. At some point Pangea had said July... so during August, with no updates, they were being asked again, and their response was next year.

Just a terrible company. Lost my complete respect for them. I will try to complete my own Wallace figure instead.

Yes that figure was fantastic although the sculpt wasn't perfect but there is a good alternative on ebay. They should have communicated earlier that they had serious legal issues etc that stopped them from producing figures. Instead they lied that their figures including this one would be ready "next month" all the time. This would have prevented a lot of people from being as angry as they were. As long as this comes out not too far in the future and is good quality then I can look past these issues.

Just search 1/6 last samurai head or 1/6 Nathan Algren head

Are you referring to this

s-l500.jpg

or this?

s-l1600.jpg

Yes that figure was fantastic although the sculpt wasn't perfect but there is a good alternative on ebay. They should have communicated earlier that they had serious legal issues etc that stopped them from producing figures. Instead they lied that their figures including this one would be ready "next month" all the time. This would have prevented a lot of people from being as angry as they were. As long as this comes out not too far in the future and is good quality then I can look past these issues.

Wonder if all the legal issues were from Mr. Gibson's agent fighting over likeness rights perhaps? Either way, an announcement should be made so everyone that ordered is aware and given the option to wait it out or cancel. Luckily I PO'd through a place that doesn't require any kind of deposit. Just full payment once item is on the way to their warehouse. The way it should be in my humble opinion.

I got the Samurai General and it is a very nice piece, the hair does need to be redone (don't like the doll hair) the armor needed some black washes to bring out the detail and some gloss for a proper metal look. But now it looks amazing!!! I hope this will come out soon or they will finally just pull the plug on it and be done. Stop leading us on!!!!!!

I really want to see this released too. Sent them a message and the reply is that they'll get back to me and then don't.

I really want to see this released too. Sent them a message and the reply is that they'll get back to me and then don't.

I'm starting to think the company is in financial distress/ on the verge of disappearing. Considering they had the "Go fund me" projects for Commodus.

No activity on their FB page too. This may be the end of Pangaea as a company. Sad to say as they had some cool offerings and was really looking forward to this Scottish General. 95% sure this is not coming out now and about 80% sure this company is going to disappear.

Back