Pangaea - Scottish General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this will still release, they are just way behind schedule. Samurai general was super delayed and still released

I think this will still release, they are just way behind schedule. Samurai general was super delayed and still released

True, but the samurai general was announced, delayed and still released before this. This one is over 2 years old and all questions regarding it go unanswered from the company besides the cookie cutter response of "sorry about that, delayed 1 month". What really worries me is that there has been no real activity on their FB page in over a month.

The last project was done under a kickstart that wasn't even funded enough to move forward with the project. This is a serious sign of financial trouble for a company. Its one thing to gauge interest and a whole other to ask for funds to do a project. Either way, I have pretty much written this off and picked up the kaustic plastic version for a good price. If this still comes out then fine and I'll take the best parts of each figure to make the ultimate figure ;)

I would have assumed that the Samurai General figure was far more expensive to produce owing to the complexity of the armour and paint applications etc. and yet it has made it out on to the market ahead of the Scottish General which is weird. I appreciate that the hair on the Scottish General sculpt might be time consuming and costly but surely the kilt could be printed and tailored fairly economically unless licensing problems are the real issue here.

I would have assumed that the Samurai General figure was far more expensive to produce owing to the complexity of the armour and paint applications etc. and yet it has made it out on to the market ahead of the Scottish General which is weird. I appreciate that the hair on the Scottish General sculpt might be time consuming and costly but surely the kilt could be printed and tailored fairly economically unless licensing problems are the real issue here.

I’d imagine the rooted hair is taking a long time....licensing I don’t think is an issue as I’m certain Pangaea does not have any license to produce the figures they make

I canceled mine. Even if it turns out cool, I lost interest after 4 years.

Same here. I've sold all my movie historical figures except for Star Ace Leonidas which I've heavily customized. It's sad b/c I was all in on this line when it started. I had Achilles, Maximus, and Balien all customized with better bodies and repaints with Cruise Samurai and William Wallace on order but then they got into that licensing trouble for Leonidas over at the parent company ACI and they had to shut down or something if I remember correctly. So part of me was excited when I got the email from Timewalker, but ultimately had to cancel as my collection has majorly shifted in the 4 years since this was originally announced.

I am very excited to get this, love they released the head separately and think it seems like a very decent likeness. I will be doing an ultimate kitbash/customization with all the other releases of this character.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I was really looking to buy this figure as I own most of the line, but the hs and wait made me loose interest.
Out of curiosity when someone receive theirs, let's see some in hand photos, as to see the outcome of this long wait.

Got a notice from Time Walker Toys about shipment coming in, wow after like 4 years this is actually happening. I had totally forgotten about this LOL.

How is the quality of Pangaea for people owning Achilles or Balian? Someone told me to better stay away if I want max quality figures, but I think this figure looks really cool on the promo pics.
I even read it has metal sword and real clothes, just the shield is plastic. So doesn't sound too shabby for the price it is going for. I mean Poptoys McBeth is similar amount of money and I like the outfit of Wallace more on the pictures.

I have the Pangaea (Russell Crowe) Gladiator, and had the Tom Cruise Samurai. Both are very good, if not Hot Toys level quality. Head sculpts and bodies are standard, but serviceable. That's why I kept my Timewalker reservation for the Scottish General for the last 4 years. I was beginning to doubt it would ever be made, but excited to see what it looks like in person. I bought a Kaustic Plastik open mouth/screaming Braveheart head sculpt a few years ago as a rehair/blue war paint project in case I wanted an alternative to the Pangaea head. I'll see soon enough I guess.

How is the quality of Pangaea for people owning Achilles or Balian? Someone told me to better stay away if I want max quality figures, but I think this figure looks really cool on the promo pics.
I even read it has metal sword and real clothes, just the shield is plastic. So doesn't sound too shabby for the price it is going for. I mean Poptoys McBeth is similar amount of money and I like the outfit of Wallace more on the pictures.

Pangaea figures are pretty great quality over all. I never like their bodies however so I always switch them out, but your mileage may vary. Yes, all the Pangaea figures I had had, had metal swords and pretty great outfit quality. Even the heads were pretty good too. CREG Customs/Dean Tolliver did most of their early sculpts before he started working for Chronicle. I've had Maximus, Achilles, and Balian and all were pretty nice out of the box. I like to customize my figures though so I went to town on them.

Pangaea' s release has improved the normal hs and they are selling a new warpaint hs.
I am tempted to buy both.

121777589_1549742795210651_1985148149119079278_o.jpg

121675277_1549741431877454_1347195233480496997_o.jpg

The old hs is this:

s-l1600.jpg

Well agreed, the sculpt is great! Its not perfect but imo its the best calm expression likeness to date and I ordered the warpaint version and full figure off ebay. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Back