Original Indiana Jones Trilogy Special Edition DVD Re-Releases: May 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've been suckered into buying Star Wars movies SO many times on VHS, and then on DVD. I got the Indy movies originally on VHS, and then the nice set of DVDs with the bonus DVD a few years ago. I assume that Paramount will eventually put the Indy movies on Blu-Ray. Now that Paramount has said they're going with Blu-Ray, and it's now beaten HD-DVD in the "HD War". So....I dunno. I may get suckered into buying these again on DVD. I always loved the extras. That's what usually "hooks" me, is seeing some new extra material. :eek: :D

You could always just rent them, see 'em once and be content.

I love the Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark cover.

EVILFACE is correct. In fact, Adam and I were talking about this very thing last night. "Star Wars" collectors, for the most part, are now conditioned completists. Their mentality toward collecting products is quite different. "Indiana Jones" fans, on the other hand, have had years of waiting in the wings for a new movie (3 years longer than the wait between ROTJ and TPM, actually) and have not had a nice selection of Indy product in the marketplace since... well, ever. As a result, the average Indy fan/collector is much more discerning, patient and less gullible than the SW completists.

Of course, it also helps that Indiana Jones is slightly > Star Wars. :monkey3

Last edited:
Evilface is right, Indy fans son't need the coddling that SW fans do, we're a more patient bunch.

That being said i still love SW too. :chew

I do refuse tro buy crap i already have however. I'd like to think that makes me special.

You don't seem to understand SW fans, they will +++++ about Lucas to no end, but still buy every damn thing that comes down the pipe.

Oh, trust me I know it... the SW section is great proof of that. I was just trying to offer someone an alternative to buying these :lol

That's if they're available to rent. Netflix never picks up new special editions if they have copies of the original dvds. I haven't been in a Blockbuster in years but I imagine they have the same policy.

That's if they're available to rent. Netflix never picks up new special editions if they have copies of the original dvds. I haven't been in a Blockbuster in years but I imagine they have the same policy.

Exactly. The only way to see these will be to buy them because Netflix and Blockbuster almost surely won't carry them for rental. That said, I'll pass and wait for the inevitable(and hopefully not too far away) Blu-Ray release.

Yeah, I've thought about that too. Rent them, and then see the new stuff on them. I know I'll be buying a Blu-Ray player someday. Then, I'll buy the set of all of the Indy movies on Blu-Ray.

Back