Indiana Jones and the Raiders of... wait what?!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give KOTCS a little credit. I would have stayed up to the point when Indy and Mutt take off to South America. Then I would have left. :lol The movie is watchable up to that point.

They lost me at the Paramount gopher logo. :lol

They lost me at the Paramount gopher logo. :lol

I distinctly remember the wave of nausea/dread that washed over me the moment that gopher popped his fury little ****ing head out of that mound. *shivers*

caddyshack-gopher-dancing.jpg

Now who dares me to go to the TDKR thread with this propostition? :lol

I seriously doubt that a TDK marathon in 20 years would see people sitting through the first two and then getting up and leaving when TDKR begins. The trilogy goes out with one heck of a bang and I think the third film will age quite well.

But yeah, that Indy marathon apparently proves that when people get their fill of Indy they simply see no need whatsoever to endure the fourth movie, even when the only effort required is to *simply stay in your seat.*

My apologies for taking so long to respond to the comments made here regarding my poster and its availability. I was waiting for my application to join to be approved.

Warmest thanks for the kind words and I'm delighted that members here seem to like the illustration I did for the IMAX poser and I know that there is some disappointment because contrary to what I said on other forums, my poster wasn't given away at the marathon. Lucasfilm was very specific about the fact that it would be mine that attendees received - when I was meeting with them 2 weeks ago - but as we all know, things can change and it appears the plans for the give-away changed as well.

JediMike71 made an observation regarding the 'Amsel' poster and the figures in the background. You're quite correct mate, it wasn't my work and I suspect it was done by my talented Lucasfilm colleague - Jason Palmer - because he did all the other beautiful art in the Blu-Ray packaging.

For those of you looking for one-sheet posters, I'm waiting for a delivery from Lucasfilm and depending on the number I receive, I will make a few available for sale from my web site - signed and dedicated. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you again and many thanks to everyone for the fantastic support.

Kind regards

MARK RAATS

For those of you looking for one-sheet posters, I'm waiting for a delivery from Lucasfilm and depending on the number I receive, I will make a few available for sale from my web site - signed and dedicated. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind regards

MARK RAATS

This is awesome news! Thanks, Mark. :duff

Thanks for your response Mark! I hope the sale of the posters on your site comes to pass. Can we get notified via e-mail if that happens? Also, that's nice to hear that Jason Palmer was involved in some of the artwork. I have a few of his Indy pieces.

Kind regards

MARK RAATS

Mark, I'd love to get one signed by you, I had a few of your Heritage sketch cards before I sold my collection. Shoot me a PM if you get any details on when you'll have some available and welcome aboard. :duff

My apologies for taking so long to respond to the comments made here regarding my poster and its availability. I was waiting for my application to join to be approved.

Warmest thanks for the kind words and I'm delighted that members here seem to like the illustration I did for the IMAX poser and I know that there is some disappointment because contrary to what I said on other forums, my poster wasn't given away at the marathon. Lucasfilm was very specific about the fact that it would be mine that attendees received - when I was meeting with them 2 weeks ago - but as we all know, things can change and it appears the plans for the give-away changed as well.

JediMike71 made an observation regarding the 'Amsel' poster and the figures in the background. You're quite correct mate, it wasn't my work and I suspect it was done by my talented Lucasfilm colleague - Jason Palmer - because he did all the other beautiful art in the Blu-Ray packaging.

Kind regards

MARK RAATS

VERY NICE WORK! :clap

But I'm missing Toht on your poster, where is he? :D

VERY NICE WORK! :clap

But I'm missing Toht on your poster, where is he? :D

Who cares about Toht :)wink1:), what happened to Indy's gun?!

It was on the earlier version of the poster, then it disappeared - maybe sent to the same weapons cabinet that holds the pistols from those government agents in "E.T."?

And the earlier version also had a different title...

raiders_30th_2nd_concept_by_raats-d3gpdqf.jpg

If Adventure has it name, it must be "Raiders of the Lost Ark"...

That poster is awesome. I suspect this is all George's fault.

That poster is awesome. I suspect this is all George's fault.

Cheers Fella's!!

LOL, no removing the gun was MY decision and not because I dislike guns (I'm a 12 year combat vet), but because it didn't work within the framework of the composition - sorry about that.

Regarding the title, that was officially changed in 2000 and I had NOTHING to do with what LFL/Paramount put on my artwork. As swsqueakquels posted, all my concepts show that the movie will always be Raiders of the lost ark for me!

Regards

MARK

Actually, the title has only changed for marketing purposes and packaging. The official title is still simply RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (thank God). But Lucas will probably never let that be released on a new poster :(

Cheers Fella's!!

LOL, no removing the gun was MY decision and not because I dislike guns (I'm a 12 year combat vet), but because it didn't work within the framework of the composition - sorry about that.

Regarding the title, that was officially changed in 2000 and I had NOTHING to do with what LFL/Paramount put on my artwork. As swsqueakquels posted, all my concepts show that the movie will always be Raiders of the lost ark for me!

Regards

MARK

Well, maybe compositionally it looked a little like disembodied hand/Thing from the Addams Family was packing heat, but Indy with gun in hand and ready to kill anyone in his way is what KOTCS was sorely lacking.

I love that 30th concept art and am turning it into a mini poster as backer for the 1/6 collection. I actually like that as much as the original Amsel, which I love, though this is still #1 Indy poster, even with nostalgia dialled back...

ijtodposter.jpg

Actually, the title has only changed for marketing purposes and packaging. The official title is still simply RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (thank God). But Lucas will probably never let that be released on a new poster :(

Long as its right where it belongs, we're all good. Peace.

raiders-of-the-lost-ark-title-09172012-194757.jpg

Well, maybe compositionally it looked a little like disembodied hand/Thing from the Addams Family was packing heat, but Indy with gun in hand and ready to kill anyone in his way is what KOTCS was sorely lacking.

I love that 30th concept art and am turning it into a mini poster as backer for the 1/6 collection. I actually like that as much as the original Amsel, which I love, though this is still #1 Indy poster, even with nostalgia dialled back...

ijtodposter.jpg

This poster has always summed up everything about the character: Indiana Jones Vs. The Temple of Doom.

Also, speaking of title changes... the original title was "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Death."

Last edited:
Aside from Amsel's original one-sheet, that ToD poster is one of my all-time favs. So simple, but like kl241 said, speaks so much of the character. It's almost as good as the ToD "Trust him" advance teaser.

Back