Oklahoma Collectors Group aka Kansexoma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there all three days. I usually end up wandering in and out throughout the weekend depending on when people are signing. The only year I was there all day every day was when they had the Firefly cast as guests. The lines for them took so long that I didn't have a choice. :lol

rofl Well worth it I'm sure. I'm getting ready to walk out the door and head that way. If you want to hang at some point just shoot me a message. Have fun this weekend!

Back. Got a pretty massive haul of prints. Only a few comics but most signed. I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow.

I think standing in line really dulled the fun factor for me. I probably spent five hours plus in line saturday and four today. Missed all but one panel this weekend due to that. The lines would also fill two hours beforehand and be capped off at a hundred people. I was extremely lucky to get into Greg Capullo and Jim Lees line today. It's a nice convention but way too big for my tastes. Had a good time overall but my legs and feet are killing. lol

Friday was ok but there was hardly anyone signing autographs. Saturday was ****ing miserable due to the amount of people and lack of organization--lines for autographs and panels were ridiculous and none of the volunteers knew what the hell was going on. Sunday was much more relaxed, but I was so beat to **** from Saturday that my body just couldn't take anymore standing or walking. I've been going to this Dallas convention for years, and this was probably the worst one in terms of the overall experience. FanExpo is getting absolutely hammered with negative comments on Facebook so hopefully they change some stuff up next year.

I'm right there with you. My body is trashed. It's hard to say if twelve hours of my time was worth the handful of signatures I picked up. It's nice having them though. Here's the comics:

signedcomics_zpsgq9us4wz.jpg

Prints:

prints_zps8nin9nib.jpg

I had heard at one booth and then confirmed at Drew Struzans that this was the first convention signing he has done in his forty plus year career. So by default that prints the most precious. lol

I'll have my computer and iPad going for my wife and I. I wish I could have a couple browsers going for each name :lol

I'm in the red, though if it moves the right way I'll be in the hot pink center.

No matter your location, don't be this guy

NXLb1gI.gif

I don't know what you all have been up to . . but it's angered the gods and they're taking it out on Kansexoma! lol I'm in the orange. Stay safe peeps.

Mike Morgan is going to take a long look in the mirror tonight and whisper: "G*ddamn it...there should have been blood."

Back