Oklahoma Collectors Group aka Kansexoma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised they haven't gone to Kansas yet. They've really spread out the last couple years into cities I wouldn't expect. Seems like Wichita or Kansas City would be an easy Midwest option.

Wizard World employees told me they were going to try alternating over next 2-3 years. Wizard world Tulsa wasn't a Tulsa problem, it was a Wozard World problem. They raised booth rental prices over past 3 years. They wanted $1500 just for a small booth during year two. Vendors aren't going to pay that much and then pay to transport their items. Many vendors lost a lot of money that first year. Wizard world recently raised prices again so I'm guessing wizard world will go under at some point. Their business model is not fit for comic conventions. They just cancelled their Albuquerque show recently. Look for them to cancel more shows.

On that note, Walker Stalker is in Tulsa this weekend. Anyone going? I'm just going Saturday. Meeting up with a few friends. Happy to say hi to any freaks this year. Got to meet RIGGS last year!

They've really spread out the last couple years into cities I wouldn't expect.

That fits an article I read last year. It stated they were starting to loose money in the bigger cities and would be moving into new territories with the convention. With all the repeat guests they have I'd believe it.

Wizard World employees told me they were going to try alternating over next 2-3 years.

I hope so. Not that okc is a major drive but I do like returning home each night after the convention. lol I'm trying to work out at least one day this year. I have a doc appointment down there I may be able to reschedule for that time frame. Not to mention the newly installed Ray Harryhausen exhibit at the okc science museum!

Happy to say hi to any freaks this year. Got to meet RIGGS last year!

That was really cool. I wish we had found each other again and had a little set down. I'll keep an eye out for you if I go this year. :hi5:

Just got back after a few hours at Walker Stalker Con. Overall, not worth the money. It was mainly catered to autographs and pictures with cast. There was hardly any vendors. I bought a Mondo print. Only 5 artist booths. Turnout wasn't bad in terms of guests. I'm positive they won't be back though as there was NO shopping

That's too bad. I was never super interested zombie wise but we need all the cons we can get. Did the smallish Tulsa Comic Con die out as well?

That's too bad. I was never super interested zombie wise but we need all the cons we can get. Did the smallish Tulsa Comic Con die out as well?

I think so. But that show was terrible. They only had two vendors with comics last year. For the price they asked at admission, it wasn't worth it. The problems with these cons is the lack of vendors (too much cost to rent table) and the high cost of admission. The business-minded folks that run these shows are what's wrong with them. One of the main reasons sdcc, nycc, and other shows do well is because of sales/vendors. Smaller con companies don't understand this and just think we want to come and meet celebrities.

Just got back after a few hours at Walker Stalker Con. Overall, not worth the money. It was mainly catered to autographs and pictures with cast. There was hardly any vendors. I bought a Mondo print. Only 5 artist booths. Turnout wasn't bad in terms of guests. I'm positive they won't be back though as there was NO shopping

Wow. What kind of con has no shopping at all?

The cons in Oklahoma need to make booths affordable to be able to pull in vendors from the surrounding states. If they don't then there won't be anything but celebrity autographs available for attendees and that's not enough of a draw to keep them coming--especially since a lot of the celebrities are repeats from prior cons.

The cons in Oklahoma need to make booths affordable to be able to pull in vendors from the surrounding states. If they don't then there won't be anything but celebrity autographs available for attendees and that's not enough of a draw to keep them coming--especially since a lot of the celebrities are repeats from prior cons.

This is exactly what happened today.

Just got back from Belton Comic Con in Texas. Was about 25 minutes from my house. Overall pretty cool for it being the first comic con is this area.
Kevin Eastman was there, got him to sign some of my ninja turtles. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Here is a list of some of the celebrities and artist that were in attendance and some photos.
*Kevin Eastman
*Sting
*Ernie Reyes
*Noel Gugliemi
*Scott Swartz
*Sam Jones

https://www.bellcountycomiccon.com/

Photos:

IMG_2238.JPG

IMG_2242 (1).JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2190 (1).JPG

My autographed turtles from Kevin Eastman

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2264 (1).JPG

Did Reyes ever get his health in check? I remember reading that he needed a kidney transplant or something a while back. How much does Eastman charge for autographs now? Very cool show from looks of it.

Didn't know about Ernie's health issues, but he seem to be having a Blast posing with the turtles and dancing. Ernie was charging $20 for his autograph. Eastman gave you 1 free autograph and any additional items you wanted signed was $20. He had some pretty cool prints for $20 and would sign it for free if you bought it. Yeah I thought his signature with the sketch was pretty sweet. He would even sketch you a drawing right there on the spot for an additional $20. Overall he was a pretty cool dude. Sting's corner would not allow anyone to take photos of him unless you paid $20. I managed to sneak one in, but from the side. Kevin Nash was suppose to be there too but cancelled last minute.

Back