Oklahoma Collectors Group aka Kansexoma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all..... well I both live in Ok and CA MY home in OK is near Muskogee. Glad to see the hobby spreads through the great state of Oklahoma. With all the crappy politics happening in California I may make OK my permanent home.

Part time Okie huh? We'll take you anyway. lol Seriously though, nice to hear from you frack.

Any word on Tulsa Comic Expo this year? I found it a decent con for the prices.

I went last year and was, to be honest, disappointed as they only had one booth with comics. Got a good Xmen comic but I just can't see myself going anytime soon. Aren't they the same company that just went bankrupt due to the bad showing at the NOLA New Years con?

Hello all..... well I both live in Ok and CA MY home in OK is near Muskogee. Glad to see the hobby spreads through the great state of Oklahoma. With all the crappy politics happening in California I may make OK my permanent home.
Glad to have you. theres a lot more of us in OK than have posted in this thread. Lots of KS people too.

I went last year and was, to be honest, disappointed as they only had one booth with comics. Got a good Xmen comic but I just can't see myself going anytime soon. Aren't they the same company that just went bankrupt due to the bad showing at the NOLA New Years con?

I honestly don't know. I went the first year and although small the personnel was great. I had missed my photo op with Doug Jones and they went out of their way to pull Doug from his table so I could have that chance with him. Pretty cool experience all around.

I honestly don't know. I went the first year and although small the personnel was great. I had missed my photo op with Doug Jones and they went out of their way to pull Doug from his table so I could have that chance with him. Pretty cool experience all around.

That first year was really good! It seems like it has deteriorated over the years though.

That's too bad. I'm weighing my options this year. I have my eye on the dallas fan expo. Generally I stay in my area for conventions but the lineup there is looking pretty incredible: https://fanexpodallas.com/guests/ If I can talk a few people into going (cousins, in-laws, friends, whoever) I may go. lol

We go to Dallas every year. It's getting bigger and bigger each time we go, which is kind of a pain in the butt but ends up being worth it each time.

Oh cool. I've wanted to go for a couple years now but held out for the right lineup. I'm probably more excited about the artists. Fan Expo comparable to wizards?

Last edited:
Oh cool. I've wanted to go for a couple years now but held out for the right lineup. I'm probably more excited about the artists. Fan Expo comparable to wizards?

Same type of company. I think Fan Expo does a better job with organization overall. Dallas has an absolutely huge Artist Alley, and there are a ton of vendors--especially compared to Tulsa.

Seems like a fun con. I'll have to go to that sometime. Good chance to pick up that O'Halloran autograph.

I'm inching my way closer to the Dallas show. The artist guest list alone is well worth the trip. I'll probably buy tickets and hotel this week.

I'm inching my way closer to the Dallas show. The artist guest list alone is well worth the trip. I'll probably buy tickets and hotel this week.

The Dallas convention has always been well worth it to me. Try to get a room at the Omni if you can--it's connected to the convention center so you don't have to worry about parking or weather. The rest of the hotels are pretty close though, I think within 4-5 blocks.

Hotel booked! Not what I wanted but thats what happens when traveling in a pack. lol Likely get tickets this weekend.

Finally purchased my ticket to Fan Expo Dallas. Can't wait! Lineup is incredible.

It really is going to be a great show. Hopefully not many celebrities cancel. Last year I was dying to see Lena Headey and she cancelled. At the one in October, I wanted to see Adam West, Burt Ward, and Karl Urban and they all cancelled.

Back