Oklahoma Collectors Group aka Kansexoma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems we're in for it again. Never boring at least. I bet Rocklahoma will be fun tonight.

I've never been to Rocklahoma. :( I almost went when Guns N Roses was there several years ago. The idea of being out there sweating my ass off just isn't that appealing anymore no matter who's there.

I went that year. They played for two hours straight. The heats never easy but the people were what kept me from returning. The year GnR played I had to protect my wife from two dbags that went from slam dancing to fighting. The year after I witnessed a grown man cuss the living hell out of two teen girls and their mom for an entire afternoon. Then another time a woman purposely hit a young girl in the face because she was too close. I had my fill of that environment.

I went that year. They played for two hours straight. The heats never easy but the people were what kept me from returning. The year GnR played I had to protect my wife from two dbags that went from slam dancing to fighting. The year after I witnessed a grown man cuss the living hell out of two teen girls and their mom for an entire afternoon. Then another time a woman purposely hit a young girl in the face because she was too close. I had my fill of that environment.

The crowd is the other thing besides the heat that I don't think I'd have the patience for. I'm too old to deal with that stupid redneck ****. I saw GNR in Norman when they played there so that was good enough for me. The crowd was awesome. Every time someone would try to start a mosh put everyone around then stopped it. :lol

It totally sounds like a terrible time, honestly. I'd much rather just go watch a show in a venue than in the mud with trash ppl.

VIP is the way to go really. You avoid a lot of that stuff but I've never been able to justify the four hundred bucks.

To add to the aforementioned issues with Rocklahoma I sort of witnessed a guy get hit by the pryor train today. I didn't see the impact but the train came to a grinding halt in front of me followed by a band of paramedics and cops. A friend said the guy was drunkenly walking the tracks when he got hit. I'm assuming he was in town for the show since we get an influx of people during it and this isn't a common occurrence here.

Yikes. High winds and a lot of thunder here. It must have picked up on it's way to you.

So who was it that said the oklahoma wizard world would move between okc and tulsa each year? Has that been confirmed?

After seeing how it dwindled in Tulsa over the three years they had it there, I don't know how long it will last in OKC. I hadn't heard they'd be switching back and forth, but it may be a good idea.

Back