Officially Done with EB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gamestop I go to isn't too bad.

Doug, the former manager there was like the guy you described. Very cool, knowledgeable and HONEST. He would indeed tell you if a game would suck or not and often would poke fun at me when I'd buy a game he thought was terrible.

I think he actually got a big raise and moved to another store to help increase their sales cause he had a good personality and that customer "fan base" you speak of.

The new manager isn't too bad, but he isn't as talkative and welcoming as the other guy. Oh and our Gamestop doesn't lie about extra copies, they just "encourage" pre-ordering...usually on the BIG games they get extra copies (like Devil May Cry 4 recently for example) and they actually do the opposite of what some of you all say. They have their extra copies out in the open and their pre-orders locked up!

One more gripe. I went to file a complaint on their website. You have to have a receipt to leave a complaint. So I guess you have to buy something in order to complain about their service. :rolleyes:

One more gripe. I went to file a complaint on their website. You have to have a receipt to leave a complaint. So I guess you have to buy something in order to complain about their service. :rolleyes:

:rotfl

Exactly. They know people that PO products are happy so they will never complain. Those that don't PO mean nothing to them so they could care less about your complaint so they won't even let you complain.

I have a gamestop receipt for a used game you can use to complain.:D

My wife called there today to ask about a DS game. (She wasn't aware of my boycott) The guy told her the game came out yesterday. She said that it seemed weird to come out on a Sunday. Guess what the F'n idiot told her. I will quote:

"Yeah it came out on Sunday because its the winter time. It is cold out and we can't have midnight openings." I never knew them to open at midnight for a DS game that I never even heard of. What an ass!

WTF kinda answer is that. :lol I swear they are all just retarded. I emplore you to call and bug the hell out of my local EB. 717-564-5116 and 717-763-0844. Go ahead call them and see how you are treated. The bastards and their ****ty company. :rotfl

Ah, she must have been calling about Professor Layton. That came out yesterday, I thought a Sunday launch was weird too.

I buy my games at GameCrazy....don't think they are owned by the same company that owns EB. Anyway, the people that work there are cool, share their opinions on games they liked/didn't, don't care if you pre-order or not, have a great selection of used games and hold tournaments. I could probably walk across the street and get the game for a few bucks cheaper at Target, but I like the service I get there and I'm happy to give them my business. I've walked into an EB before, but didn't buy anything. The store I went to was so cluttered and disorganized...I looked around for a minute and walked out. Definitely didn't have a welcoming feeling to it.

I buy my games at GameCrazy....don't think they are owned by the same company that owns EB. Anyway, the people that work there are cool, share their opinions on games they liked/didn't, don't care if you pre-order or not, have a great selection of used games and hold tournaments. I could probably walk across the street and get the game for a few bucks cheaper at Target, but I like the service I get there and I'm happy to give them my business. I've walked into an EB before, but didn't buy anything. The store I went to was so cluttered and disorganized...I looked around for a minute and walked out. Definitely didn't have a welcoming feeling to it.
Game Crazy is owned by Hollywood Video. I am not sure how much longer they may be around since Hollywood Video is trouble and closing stores left and right.

I will be driving about 5 miles out of my way today just to pick up my game. Take that you lying bastards. :lol

Back