Official "Unofficial" Spooktacular T-shirt Project - SEE FIRST POST FOR ORDERING INFO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official "Unofficial" Spooktacular T-shirt Project

I'm in if it's approved... but... not sure about the back... even the pumpkin could use some work.

There's nothing to approve at this point. There's no Sideshow-owned graphics or trademarked verbiage on it now. All that matters is if people here like and want it.

There's nothing to approve at this point. There's no Sideshow-owned graphics or trademarked verbiage on it now. All that matters is if people here like and want it.

I'd maybe go with the pumpkin small on the front, no spook or text, then ram the whole thing on the back, on top, with "Spook Vet" and the chat mantras underneath, like a concert shirt. Or maybe just put the chat mantras right beneath the logo and just "Veteran" in the same style as the Spooktacular, but vertical?

I'd also just double check and make sure they didn't TM "Sleep is for the weak."

BANweeweeOUNT! deserves it's own shirt.

They can't TM Sleep is for the Weak. It's been in the public domain for YEARS. In fact, there are a number of (non-Sideshow) web sites that use it either in their name or branding. So, if for no other reason than prior use, Sideshow can't own it.

They can't TM Sleep is for the Weak. It's been in the public domain for YEARS. In fact, there are a number of (non-Sideshow) web sites that use it either in their name or branding. So, if for no other reason than prior use, Sideshow can't own it.

*remembering the asshatting doucebag broads who copyrighted and trademarked "Happy Birthday"*

I like the front of the latest design but I am not sure about the back yet.

I'd maybe go with the pumpkin small on the front, no spook or text, then ram the whole thing on the back, on top, with "Spook Vet" and the chat mantras underneath, like a concert shirt. Or maybe just put the chat mantras right beneath the logo and just "Veteran" in the same style as the Spooktacular, but vertical?

You mean, something like this?

shirt_front3.jpg

shirt_back3.jpg

The only problem with that idea is that if we go with zazzle.com for the printing, it looks like their system doesn't allow printing that low on the shirt.

You mean, something like this?

shirt_front3.jpg

shirt_back3.jpg

The only problem with that idea is that if we go with zazzle.com for the printing, it looks like their system doesn't allow printing that low on the shirt.

PERFECTION! ;) To bring it up a bit, if needed, you could center the mantras and go with a double column. Or leave them out since they really don't fit anyway.

Zazzle also sucks when printing on black. They print on white and then on black so all the black printing on the shirt, basically that whole thing squared, will be glossy and look like a cheap iron-on.

I actually really, really like this latest design! I hope we keep the chat mantras on there.

I LOVE IT!!! :rock

The mantras need to stay.

does the shirt come with a van helsing pf?

Looks good Robo. I am defo interested if you get this done. Spook rules!

bank account FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!.............:lol

i like the latest shirt design. :hi5:

Zazzle also sucks when printing on black. They print on white and then on black so all the black printing on the shirt, basically that whole thing squared, will be glossy and look like a cheap iron-on.

I've never dealt with Zazzle before, so I have no idea whether this is still the case, but the claims on their site kind of lead customers to believe that what you describe shouldn't happen. They claim to fully support transparency in images, which (sort of) implies that whatever is transparent in your image file would result in no printed area on the shirt.

However, I found another online company that looks like it also might be promising. Anyone ever dealt with or even heard of spreadshirt.com? It looks like you can do all the same things as Zazzle, but the printable area on the shirt is much larger, and their prices seem (at first blush) to be pretty competitive.

In thinking about this, though, if what you describe about Zazzle is true, it would be the same problem regardless of what color shirt you use, even white. I can't imagine people would be thrilled with that kind of poor quality.

Back to the shirt design, it sounds like most of you would favor what I will call the "Veteran B" style (the small crest on the front, and the full graphics on the back). Is that right? Do I need to make a poll ;)?

I've never dealt with Zazzle before, so I have no idea whether this is still the case, but the claims on their site kind of lead customers to believe that what you describe shouldn't happen. They claim to fully support transparency in images, which (sort of) implies that whatever is transparent in your image file would result in no printed area on the shirt.

However, I found another online company that looks like it also might be promising. Anyone ever dealt with or even heard of spreadshirt.com? It looks like you can do all the same things as Zazzle, but the printable area on the shirt is much larger, and their prices seem (at first blush) to be pretty competitive.

In thinking about this, though, if what you describe about Zazzle is true, it would be the same problem regardless of what color shirt you use, even white. I can't imagine people would be thrilled with that kind of poor quality.

Back to the shirt design, it sounds like most of you would favor what I will call the "Veteran B" style (the small crest on the front, and the full graphics on the back). Is that right? Do I need to make a poll ;)?

Ordered shirts for The NAM for US Airsoft Expo our second year and was furious. All the black shirts had to be left behind because with the glossy "iron-on" areas they looked like ____ and only the Sage and tan ones could be taken (because they were black ink on lighter colors). I don't know why they didn't just run white paint and lighten where needed it to achieve the grayer shadows, on the black fabric, but they didn't. They laid down white then black on top of it. When I called their CS I was told I could be refunded for the shirts, but that they couldn't do it without running white first as a base.

So if we're doing any other color of shirt but black, it'll be fine. But black shirts will look like you printed a homemade iron-on and stuck it on the shirt. :monkey4

Back