Official "Unofficial" Spooktacular T-shirt Project - SEE FIRST POST FOR ORDERING INFO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboDad

Super Freak
Reaction score
Official "Unofficial" Spooktacular T-shirt Project - SEE FIRST POST FOR ORDERING INFO

OK, so I made up a little graphic in the Spook '10 thread that seems to be a big hit, and several people have asked me to turn it into a t-shirt project.

UPDATE - 01 Oct:

Here are the photos of the sample shirt I received from the vendor. I am very pleased with the results!

Front:
Spook_shirt_front.jpg

Spook_shirt_front_detail.jpg

Back:
Spook_shirt_back.jpg

Spook_shirt_back_detail.jpg

Two styles will be available, one with the Chat mantras and one without.

The cost will be $16.95 per shirt for mens style, $16 for womens (plus a $3 surcharge for XXL), plus the shared cost of the layout setup fee and vendor shipping charges, plus $3 for shipping from me to you (possibly higher for XXL).

Please reply to this thread by no later than Tuesday, Oct 5, so I can determine the final cost, and get the order placed.

FINAL order list:

Mens style (with mantras):
thenammagazine - XXL PAID
lcummins - XXL PAID
Boba Fett - XXL
barryo - L PAID
furystorm - L PAID RECEIVED!
Avfin - XL PAID RECEIVED!
LaMelnik - L PAID
swabie2424 - XL PAID RECEIVED!
Shropt - L PAID
punkg42 - L PAID RECEIVED!
The Josh - XL PAID RECEIVED!
jimjimmyjones85 - XXXL PAID
gofourindian - XL PAID RECEIVED!
Wetanut - L PAID

Mens style (Reverse layout):
The Monster - XL PAID RECEIVED!

Mens style (without mantras):
roguebaron - XL PAID
My wife - S PAID ;) RECEIVED!

Womens style (with mantras):
BuffyGirl - S PAID RECEIVED!

Update 07 Oct:

Here are the final cost details for the shirts. I will also be sending this to each of the participants, along with my PayPal payment details.

Itemized totals:

Mantra shirt x 13

Shirt: $16.95 - * Note 1
Setup fee $0.40
Shipping from vendor: $1.50
Shipping from me: $3.15 - * Note 2

Total: $22.00 (plus $4.80 surcharge as noted for XXL and XXXL sizes)

No mantra shirt x 2

Shirt: $16.95
Setup fee $2.50
Shipping from me $3.15

Total: $24.10

Reverse layout shirt x 1 (for The Monster)

Shirt: $16.95
Setup fee $5.00
Shipping from me $3.15

Total: $26.60

* Note 1: Size XXL and XXXL shirts cost an additional $3 from the vendor.

* Note 2: Size XXL and XXXL shirts will not fit in the padded envelopes I am using, so I will need to ship these shirts in a Priority Mail flat rate box, which costs $4.95 to ship, which adds $1.80 to the shipping cost.

Last edited:
Re: Official "Unofficial" Spooktacular T-shirt Project

Not sure about the BANweeweeOUNT. That was sooooooo 4 years ago. :lol

How about putting the pumpkin crest on the front and the full deal on the back? Maybe find a way to work in the continuing slogan of "Sleep is for the weak!" too? Just my two pesos. :huh

I'm open to whatever suggestions people have. Putting the emblem on the front and the text on the back would work fine for me.

As an alternative, we could keep the front as is, but put Sleep is for the Weak on the back. That would be easy, too. The only concerns I have about any of this is whether it might be too expensive ot have printed if it gets too complex (like having the Sleep is for the Weak done as a watermark or half-tone).

One thing I was thinking about, though, is distressing the graphic to give it a worn look. But again, it all depends on the cost.

I'd be interested. And I agree that "Sleep is for the weak" needs to be on it instead of BANweeweeOUNT.

sorry robo but i copyrighted BANweeweeOUNT....................:monkey3

Here's a question about the Sleep is for the Weak part. We could do it as text, or we could do it using the original graphics:

shirt_back2.jpg

But to do that we would need to get permission from Sideshow (even though this is not a "for profit" project).

Thoughts?

or we could get by the language & say "slumber is for the feeble"...........:wink1:

what about just a generic cartoon zombie if the actual mort is an issue?

or a chainsaw?????????...............:yess:

Here's a question about the Sleep is for the Weak part. We could do it as text, or we could do it using the original graphics:

shirt_back2.jpg

But to do that we would need to get permission from Sideshow (even though this is not a "for profit" project).

Thoughts?

DUDE!!!!!!!!!! As much as I like your design, if we could get that and a tiny Mort on the front, all on an XXL.... I'd be in heaven.

I know you weren't around the forum in '07, but weren't you already a Sideshow customer back then? They had a shirt basically like this one back then. I have two of them (one for me and one for my wife). That's why I was kind of hoping to do something different.

I say forget Mort and just use the words.

I know you weren't around the forum in '07, but weren't you already a Sideshow customer back then? They had a shirt basically like this one back then. I have two of them (one for me and one for my wife). That's why I was kind of hoping to do something different.

I was lurking back then and doing Spook since '06. But Sideshow has never done shirts in XXL. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Not sure about the BANweeweeOUNT. That was sooooooo 4 years ago. :lol

Bite your tongue! BANweeweeOUNT is FOREVER!!! :rock

I still have my "Sleep is for the weak" Mort shirt and wear it proudly every October, so I don't have use for another one. I like the first one by RoboDad, but I wouldn't mind seeing more.

I still have to talk to a local custom t-shirt printer to get prices, but is this something you would be interested in me making up?

You should check out Zazzle.com. All you'd have to do is upload the designs and they do the printing and shipping. And you get a percentage.

Easy-peasy!

I like it---
Maybe on the back have the most popular words from years past---
2007-Sleep is for the weak
2008--BANweeweeOUNT
2009--CHAINSAW!!!

Bite your tongue! BANweeweeOUNT is FOREVER!!! :rock

I still have my "Sleep is for the weak" Mort shirt and wear it proudly every October, so I don't have use for another one. I like the first one by RoboDad, but I wouldn't mind seeing more.

Only to us crusty old barnacles who were there in 2008. :lol Maybe do the Freddypillar for 2006? I remember that bastard being soooooooo hard to find. :lol

Or, instead of using specifics, simply somehow put "Veteran" on the shirt. ;)

I'm interested, but if you use any of Sideshow's graphics, characters or copyrighted items, be sure to get permission first.

Back