OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For any losers still out there, I posted a contest in the losers thread (for losers only). Prize is a Indiana Jones TOD Gentle Giant bust...

posted my survey at last, and many of my thoughts were echoed here in other posts.
two thoughts of note, While the seat cushion would be nice, i said i'd like a minimort to sit on my desk during spook.
I also said that the staff needs to be paid, they do great work putting up with all of us, with our whining or and squeeling like little girls when we win. We'd like to see more of them, but they have lives and families just like the rest of us, and they need time to enjoy their lives as well. If we want them there, i think they need to be compensated for their time.

guess I gotta start looking for a new sig. now...I kinda like this one though.

posted my survey at last, and many of my thoughts were echoed here in other posts.
two thoughts of note, While the seat cushion would be nice, i said i'd like a minimort to sit on my desk during spook.
I also said that the staff needs to be paid, they do great work putting up with all of us, with our whining or and squeeling like little girls when we win. We'd like to see more of them, but they have lives and families just like the rest of us, and they need time to enjoy their lives as well. If we want them there, i think they need to be compensated for their time.

guess I gotta start looking for a new sig. now...I kinda like this one though.

I said anything with MORT---he is the SPOOK mascot
Seat Cushion, Plush Mort or Small plastic Mort

#47 in the laundromat. He even utilized his Mort sticker.

edit: er, I guess I'm just assuming it's Vander 'cause of the sticker...

Yeah, that one was mine! :D

The idea actually came from the stickers, I was looking at them thinking that it would make a good door sign, then the "slippery when wet" caution sign idea hit me and a zombie mopping up blood seemed only appropriate for Spooktacular... :wink1:

Still a little shocked I won, there were some really good entries this year! And of course congrats to Lance, that pic was great man! :)

I am so glad we didn't win runner up, though I think our photos were really creative and awesome. We have the Iron Man bust at our shop (the shop I work at) and it is not impressive to say the least.

BUT, congrats to the people who did win. YAY.

Having my contest drawing for 12" Zombie "Ash" from Peril Unlimited in ~2-3 hours. See my sig link to enter while there's still time...

I don't know if it's too late, but if it isn't, everyone who's still on the loser list should really enter this one. Ash is an awesome zombie!

I just got off the list, so I'm no longer eligible, or I'd be all over this one.

Congrats to all the winners and runner ups. For mine like I said I just played up what I normally do when I get something and take a pic on the doilies. I didn't win but I did get a rise out of my mom which was kind of worth it. :lol

I just filled in my survey (finally), here's what I wrote in the final box:

As a person lucky enough to have won twice in chat, I do applaud what you are doing with Spooktacular as a company, it's a rare thing and I hope it continues. Please take the following remarks as constructive critisism.

Spreading the contests around to different channels didn't seem to work to well from my perspective. While I understand the desire of any company to reach as many potential customers as possible, I think it would work better, for both new customers and existing customers, if you used social media sites (like Facebook and Twitter) as places to announce things, but have all the contests run strictly through your website and online chat.

If you feel you have to continue that practice, please do NOT use the Facebook "like" feature as a way to select a winner...too much like a popularity contest, plus with the way Facebook displays status updates with a large number of comments, the folks who responded earliest were the ones least likely to see their comment and thus be able to get people to "like" the comment.

I also think that it was unfair to announce chat contests (I exclude the Doors of Indecision from this note) on the social media sites, as those of us who spent hours on chat hoping for a contest would get displaced by the flood of "fair weather friends" who would come into chat only when a contest was announced and then leave as soon as it was over.

I loved the quality of prizes given out, and I liked the fact that you had a rule that any given person could only win from any given avenue (ie: social media, website, chat) once per day. It might also be good to add a maximum wins per person for the length of the contest...either number of wins overall, or total value cap, or something. I know there are a number of us who got lucky and won a number of things (I believe my count was 5, two wins, two free item codes, and the gift card code everyone could get), maybe reducing the number of big-ticket prizes and having more mid-range prizes would help spread it out.

Another option would be to create one or two event-specific items, of the type companies often give away as free "swag" at conventions...things like a mousepad, or keychain, that sort of thing that you could give away a lot of, without investing as much.

Copy....paste (since what I said has been buried many pages back)...

Shipping quote emails will be sent by Friday, November 5th for our Spooktacular winners. There were over 200 individual winners for our Spooktacular contests this year, so getting quotes and then emailing every winner will take a little time. I thank you and all our winners for your patience.

-SideshowAlex
:):):)
Thanks Dr. Frank!

Also, I just filled out my survey with the following:

my survey response said:
Sideshow. I feel exactly the opposite of Kamikaze. Please allow this survey to offset his response. Thanks!

I thought for sure one of yours would have won BG. I enjoyed them very much.

Uhh, I don't think ssc wants me to win, they don't like me over there very much.

I was debating on if I should enter the Lara contest cause I know my name just gets passed by, but I took a chance.

I AM SO HAPPY you won Lance. I saw your name and smiled and told Jenn.

Thanks doll.

And I highly doubt SS has an issue with you.

Watch, for the next 18 months or more, I will go O'fer. And I will not have any problems with it. SS will spread to love to other Freaks. But it doesn't mean I won't participate. :D

I still can't think of another company out there who takes care of their customers the way SS does.

Uhh, I don't think ssc wants me to win, they don't like me over there very much.
Well hello there, Ms. Negative Nancy! You know they love you! I'm sure you'll be back on the winning list again soon enough. It wasn't that long ago you won a PF Hellboy, and something for your Dad, so you know they like you! Perhaps you'll win the holiday wish list! Ya never know... Just keep entering, keep your fingers crossed, and keep a positive attititude! :1-1:

I was beginning to think they didn't like ME! I hadn't won an online contest in 4 years! But I finally won one this Spook. The truth of the matter is, they just get a LOT more people entering contests than they used to, so it isn't easy to win! It just takes a bit of luck, so rub your rabbit's foot, do a little voodoo chant, and pray to your gods, and you'll be a winner again! :ted

Last edited:

I was debating on if I should enter the Lara contest cause I know my name just gets passed by, but I took a chance.

I AM SO HAPPY you won Lance. I saw your name and smiled and told Jenn.

Hey you at least did win SOMETHING this year. :)

Haha, me not winning has nothing to do with my feelings on that. it's something else, which I will not share here. :p

I don't mind not winning. I have a lot of ssc items that I have bought and love, and a couple that I have won, and love. So it's a win/win for me.

Well hello there, Ms. Negative Nancy! You know they love you! I'm sure you'll be back on the winning list again soon enough. It wasn't that long ago you won a PF Hellboy, and something for your Dad, so you know they like you! Perhaps you'll win the holiday wish list! Ya never know... Just keep entering, keep your fingers crossed, and keep a positive attititude! :1-1:

I was beginning to think they didn't like ME! I hadn't won an online contest in 4 years! But I finally won one this Spook. The truth of the matter is, they just get a LOT more people entering contests than they used to, so it isn't easy to win! It just takes a bit of luck, so rub your rabbit's foot, do a little voodoo chant, and pray to your gods, and you'll be a winner again! :ted

I didn't win anything for the pops. I paid for that T-600.

If anyone that won a Mola Ram PF wants to trade let me know. I won a DD vs Punisher dio. I would just rather have the Mola Ram as it fits better in my display.

Decoder winners:
GRAND PRIZE: Sideshow Exclusive Planet of the Apes Dr. Zaius Premium Format Figure
Winner: Entry #47 – Mike F. from Erie, PA

RUNNERS-UP: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Bust
Winner: Entry #86 – Rachel J. from Newport Coast, CA
Winner: Entry #1 – Lance M. from Los Angeles, CA
Winner: Entry #60 – En K. from Stow, OH

Congrat to my bro Lance ! :D

Another addition to the family's Iron Man collection :yess:

Back