OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...reduce the number of prizes but increase the quality of the prizes.

I don'y know how they could possibly increase the quality of the prizes. This year was kind of unprecedented as far as prize quality goes.

The horror plushies are going to go down in infamy as one of the worst product releases for Spooktacular.

Maybe "most disappointing" for those of us waiting on a Jason preorder, but "worst"?!? Not even close.

How 'bout the anime PVC's in 2008? Or the ZLICKS incident of '07? And then there was the great bobblehead disaster of '06.

Not. Even. Close. I think the plushies just stung a lot more than they normally would have because there was far less new product introduced this year as compared to years past.

I commented on this as well. I remember the really nice discounts from previous Spooks that actually made me want to buy something. The discounts from this year's Spook were just...meh. They didn't do anything for me.

Gollum is spelled wrong in your sig. Didn't know if that was on purpose or not, so I thought I would point it out.

I had a pretty decent time during this Spooktacular. Of course the best part was chatting with all the board members, like most of us say. I was surprised to be ordering two products, and if it were pre-NRD days, I would probably have ordered one more. Maybe, just maybe, if Nosferatu had been announced prior to Vampirella, he would be on order for me instead of her. I just could not pull the trigger on three orders in one week with NRDs, and not knowing if everything will eventually ship during the same week, yada yada yada...

My final list of prize winners are (and I'm going to try to get them shipped out today gang):

spikeluv13 - Alien Kubrick
Granite_Grizz - Mezco Hellboy
Apone (different name here) - Dead window clings, and... ?
Kenbenobi - Alien Kubrick
Avfin - 30 Days of Night graphic novel
Darth Waller - B&W Mort

I had a lot of fun, thanks everyone! :D

I don'y know how they could possibly increase the quality of the prizes. This year was kind of unprecedented as far as prize quality goes.

Maybe "most disappointing" for those of us waiting on a Jason preorder, but "worst"?!? Not even close.

How 'bout the anime PVC's in 2008? Or the ZLICKS incident of '07? And then there was the great bobblehead disaster of '06.

Not. Even. Close. I think the plushies just stung a lot more than they normally would have because there was far less new product introduced this year as compared to years past.

ZLICKS RULE!!!!!! :rock2

:nana:

Didn't say worst. But most definitely one of the worst.

Having just reverted my sig back to regular, I wanted to again give a big shout out to RoboDad for all the great sigs during Spooktacular. I was very proud to sport mine for the week of madness. Thank you.

:D

Thank you!

It was great fun doing that for people, probably the most fun part of Spook this year for me (along with our awesome new shirt). Every time I came into the forum last week, I was overwhelmed at how many people were actually displaying the banners.

168646014214cdc5ac4.jpg

Sideshow's Facebook Page said:
The judges are having a tough time picking their favorite costume, pumpkin and decoder photos out of so many excellent entries! Winners will be announced in today's newsletter! In the meantime, check out the galleries here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/sideshowcollectibles/collections/72157625105429020/

Back