OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh...........i would say they were a great company, but now just a very good one. The reason why they give away so much during this event is cause they know they cant sell it and they use it for advertising their company.

I'm still happy with this year. Sure it's only my second year, but I feel that they've had a lot more give aways. Most of those are for items that might not sell well, but I've also seen some beautiful PFs and Exclusive items that I know I really want.

Still, "very good" is still better than the vast majority. :hi5:

I always have trouble with Chat. Either I can't get in or I'm too stupid to win the trivia questions. Still fun though. I say Sideshow is an Awesome company!!

I'll second that :lecture...This is my 4th or 5th spook and the first time I've won a chat contest, they can go really fast...:lol

And that is bad because...???? What other company out there throws a halloween event and gives away free items? Not to mention this year they have given away pre-order items and have had a ton of contests for popular and wanted items....Even if I hadn't won something this year I still would say sideshow is GREAT!!!

its bad cause of the way they are doing it. Its obvious SS has increasingly become more greedy for the $ as they become more well known, and that effects us more than anything. QC has been prolly at a all time low in the last year, constant ES increases, and recycling defected items and making them "battle damaged" and reselling them. Sure giving away all that stuff is cool, but its the only way they can get rid of it. Some ppl just eat up all this giving away stuff. SS was a lot better in all areas years ago, then they are now. Im not saying they are bad, but great? i dont think so.

And that is bad because...???? What other company out there throws a halloween event and gives away free items? Not to mention this year they have given away pre-order items and have had a ton of contests for popular and wanted items....Even if I hadn't won something this year I still would say sideshow is GREAT!!!

And Dusty has been giving away items via PMs in chat for the last hour or more for those who haven't won anything yet!!

And someone's going to win a 1:2 IM. I think that's mighty ____ing generous.

its bad cause of the way they are doing it. Its obvious SS has increasingly become more greedy for the $ as they become more well known, and that effects us more than anything. QC has been prolly at a all time low in the last year, constant ES increases, and recycling defected items and making them "battle damaged" and reselling them. Sure giving away all that stuff is cool, but its the only way they can get rid of it. Some ppl just eat up all this giving away stuff. SS was a lot better in all areas years ago, then they are now. Im not saying they are bad, but great? i dont think so.

Asking a company not to be "greedy" is like asking a mammal to breath sulfur. Sideshow is a for-profit institution and should be run as such if we want them to continue these events in one form or another.

No matter what Sideshow is a business and they have to turn a profit to stay in business. But they still have a love of collecting and truly appreciate their fan base. How much cool _____ do you see WalMart giving away?

eh...........i would say they were a great company, but now just a very good one. The reason why they give away so much during this event is cause they know they cant sell it and they use it for advertising their company.

:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

And someone's going to win a 1:2 IM. I think that's mighty ____ing generous.

It is. There's no question that they've stepped up the prizes in the last couple of years. Last year the grand prize for the scavenger hunt was "just" a PF, and in past years they gave away a lot of slow-selling 12" figures and the like. This year they're giving away PFs and statues right and left.

Asking a company not to be "greedy" is like asking a mammal to breath sulfur. Sideshow is a for-profit institution and should be run as such if we want them to continue these events in one form or another.

exactly, and there is no reason they can't branch out to new and more modern ways to get new customers...I don't use facebook or twitter and so have missed those contests also but others do. There is no reason sideshow can't branch out to new customers and reward existing customers at the same time. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't. Also just because someone is not a member of the freaks board doesn't necessarily mean they haven't been a long time sideshow collector.

exactly, and there is no reason they can't branch out to new and more modern ways to get new customers...I don't use facebook or twitter and so have missed those contests also but others do. There is no reason sideshow can't branch out to new customers and reward existing customers at the same time. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't. Also just because someone is a member of the freaks board necessarily mean they haven't been a long time sideshow collector.

Totally agree with you here. Yes, there have been issues with glitches and such but thats gonna happen. I hope with going all these new routes which I do think is smart by the way it brings more quality folks here and customers to SS. That works well for all of us.

Back