Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I did state at the beginning of my post that it was my take on it, I never said it was not up for debate.

I was addressing that stance as a whole, sorry. Because you're not the first person I've seen that's said that.

Hi, first post and a rather long one if you count the spoilers. I'd like to remind you that English is not my native language so please forgive that and just bash me because of my opinions :pow

I'm registering here just to post my questions and opinions on the movie because this forum is the main place I've read rumours and speculation prior to theatrical release. Thanks for enjoyable discussions so far.

I saw Prometheus two days ago and to me it was somewhat of a disappointment. I'll see it again tomorrow, but it most probably will not be much better the second time. Don't get me wrong, the movie was ok but there were so many things wrong with it there is no way that I'm going to call it great or maybe even good.

Let's deconstruct the plot points:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Some speculation and more ranting:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'll see it again, and while those spoiler-tagged parts may suggest that I hated the movie it's not true. I enjoyed it the first time, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it the second time now that there's been time to think more about it. Cool trailer material may be all Prometheus ends up being in my opinion. I hope we'll see a lot longer cut at some point.

Did I miss or misunderstood something, or just didn't get it?
Sorry.

Last edited:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

Can anyone speculate:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol:lol:lol

I don't get that part either. Maybe it'll make more sense when I see it, but just reading about that made me confused too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I like the way you think. I've often had to use my own fanboy logic to cram a sequel/prequel into the same story arc as those that came before, and I can usually do it with enough satisfaction. Ultimately though, if it doesn't fit on its own, it never becomes canon for me. Kinda like I always enjoy any Jason Voorhees movie, but the canon stopped at part 6.

Hi, first post and a rather long one if you count the spoilers. I'd like to remind you that English is not my native language so please forgive that and just bash me because of my opinions :pow

I'm registering here just to post my questions and opinions on the movie because this forum is the main place I've read rumours and speculation prior to theatrical release. Thanks for enjoyable discussions so far.

I saw Prometheus two days ago and to me it was somewhat of a disappointment. I'll see it again tomorrow, but it most probably will not be much better the second time. Don't get me wrong, the movie was ok but there were so many things wrong with it there is no way that I'm going to call it great or maybe even good.

Let's deconstruct the plot points:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Some speculation and more ranting:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'll see it again, and while those spoiler-tagged parts may suggest that I hated the movie it's not true. I enjoyed it the first time, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it the second time now that there's been time to think more about it. Cool trailer material may be all Prometheus ends up being in my opinion. I hope we'll see a lot longer cut at some point.

Did I miss or misunderstood something, or just didn't get it?
Sorry.

That's quite a lot.
Spoiler Spoiler:

In the end it's a movie. Yes it has faults, but as I have shown especially with Aliens, it's predecessors had them too.
That's it for now.

Can anyone speculate:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I haven't yet seen it, but I love to speculate, and I've read all the spoilers so here's my thoughts
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Haven't seen it either so this question is for anyone who's seen it:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good, bad, or otherwise, this whole saga is a cluster____ to make work in a perfectly cohesive way. Every writer and director has added their own things to it, making it impossible to all really exist in one reality.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Okay, now I'm getting mixed feelings without reading everyone's spoilers. So tempting since I still have 5 days to wait!

Perhaps everyone should rate it from 1 to 10 to give the rest of us an idea on how it is?

Now that the movie is out overseas, perhaps we'll be seeing some toys from HT & NECA?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

What the hell is a "flute".

I want to know all the things that can be interpreted as "links" to the A L I E N story.

Back