Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Spoiler Spoiler:

I disagree. But it's mostly semantics and how people define a "prequel" when it comes to movies.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is up for debate IMO.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It aint a prequel prequel. It's got prequel like qualities, but it's not a full on, the movie ends right when the Nostromo leaves the station.

I think. I don't know. :lol

Eh, I hope it's been there for millions of years. I like that idea better. And they could easily come up with some reason for the Prometheus not picking up the distress signal.

And I don't see why the suit itself can't become fossilized. Although they went with a more mechanical feel in Prometheus, they didn't just throw out the biological part.

I think what you said is more likely..but I don't think it's been "proven wrong" yet.

...@Devil

it's not a full on, the movie ends right when the Nostromo leaves the station.

And like I said, prequels rarely end right where the movie they precede begins.

I don't see why the suit itself can't become fossilized. Although they went with a more mechanical feel in Prometheus, they didn't just throw out the biological part.

Again, it's semantics. The term "Fossilized" that's used in Alien was just a way to convey that what they were looking at had been there a minute i.e. that ship didn't just crash. They didn't literally mean it was fossilized because that would be physically impossible.

i agree with devil. i still consider it a prequel even if
Spoiler Spoiler:

but i agree that it's all semantics and each person's definition of prequel will be different. someone else might consider
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

that's one thing i love about promotheus. lots of potential for speculation and debate :) and you get to go to town with spoiler tags.

I loved it, the music, the visuals, the atmosphere.
However.. the plot was very very loose and undefined.

The only real plot points are given through awkward exposition by characters who have no way to know what they are saying.
Very odd.

True it doesn't tie into Alien, at all really, and I didn't expect it to, it doesn't answer any questions posed by that movie, the problem is though, it doesn't answer any of it's own questions either. And I will never understand why Guy Pearce is in it. Pity the script didn't match the design and visual beauty of the movie.

I still loved it though.

I thought I heard somewhere that this was a prequel to the prequel ? A 2-movie set before A L I E N

Nah, they have said if there is a Prometheus sequel, it would go even further away from the alien world.

I think it's a trilogy of a sequel based on a prequel of sequel trilogies that eventually become a prequel with sequel elements mixed in with trilogy aspects.

I think it's a trilogy of a sequel based on a prequel of sequel trilogies that eventually become a prequel with sequel elements mixed in with trilogy aspects.

BS ! You missed a prequel there.

Have you seen it yet Devil? I can't imagine how it can get back to the original Alien movie after the ending they used. Also the writer has stated that it will tangent off completely in the sequel, which seems pretty clear by from the second last scene in the movie.

But who knows, the actual plot makes little or no sense anyway!

Going to see this at midnight Thursday. I'm not really a fan of the alien franchise so I'm going to see this more to have an opinion of most of the big films of 2012. Interesting reading what appears to me to be mixed opinions of this movie.

Haven't seen it yet, doesn't come out here in the states until the 8th. But I did read the plot outline that's available now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And why oh why they didn't use Giger's amazing ship/environmnetal designs I don't get, I mean they kept the shape the same but the detailing just wasn't creepy biomechanoid like in Alien. The bones were cool Ridley, the bones were cool.

Last edited:
Back