Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are going to run far far way from Prometheus..it was considered a flop and now Ridley is on top with Martian- this will be quite different from a sequel- new story and no Shaw- set many years after Prometheus probably.
There will be story elements echoed from Prometheus certainly. New crew, new ship, new new new

Prometheus was still far more interesting than Martian to me despite Martian being a good- not great film

What did i say?
That the follow up Will be cheap, no big civilization, no engineers running around.
A déserter planet with 1 guy and a new ship comes along... Wow this is gonna be sooooooo awesome.
You can expect all the unused concepts from Alien and Prometheus to be there.
The original White alien, the ultramorph...
Its gonna look awesome, might be written better but its gonna be as boring as PROMETHEUS.
What a wasted opportunity to make something really weird and grand...
Rapace is gonna be there dont worry, and yu can bet that David is gonna have a hand in creating the alien as we know it...

Last edited:
Your next film is a sequel to “Prometheus.”
Yeah. Well, really it’s “Alien.” They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it.

There was always this discussion: Is Alien, the character, the beast, played out or not? We’ll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two.

Ridley Scott on 'The Martian' Humor, 'Alien' Prequels

Back