Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, recently bought 4 of the regular release Endo... is it just mine or if the jaw hinge on these really, really fragile and loose.?
All mine have jaws hanging open. Just looking at the Toys R us version, it seems to have more pronounced white teeth and jaw clench.
Is this the better version to get?. I was really disappointed with the ones I got. I know it's a brittle sculpt but nature, but hinges are popping of by themselves.

Hi all, recently bought 4 of the regular release Endo... is it just mine or if the jaw hinge on these really, really fragile and loose.?
All mine have jaws hanging open. Just looking at the Toys R us version, it seems to have more pronounced white teeth and jaw clench.
Is this the better version to get?. I was really disappointed with the ones I got. I know it's a brittle sculpt but nature, but hinges are popping of by themselves.

Hmmm... Are you talking about the clamshell ones or the boxed reissue?

If they are clamshell and you bought them new- Was it from ebay? A seller in China? If so, it is likely one of the many NECA knockoffs being sold there. Which would account for the lower quality.

The auction shown here is likely a NECA knockoff-

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/261964659350

There are a lot of them going around. If you get it from China and it costs around $20, it is a good bet that it isn't legit. It seems they mostly knockoff the early figures in the line (first version Endo, Pescadero T-1000, etc).

Sallah

Last edited:
Sounds like the infamous cranky old man endoskeleton. I'm not at home so can't check but the most recent Endo doesn't have an articulating jaw as I recall.

This is the one you would ideally want

NECA_T800Endoskeleton_00.jpg

That is the original release of this particular endoskeleton but the same figure has been rereleased in other packaging since then.

I don't think NECA themselves are above putting out endoskeletons with wonky loose jaws so I can well believe they are authentic NECA figures, but unfortunate that commandernarra may not have been aware of the better figure that exists.

This was NECA's first Endo release as part of the T2 line, the one being mentioned.

image.jpeg

Then they released and improved version with the T1 and this one is scarce and often pricey if you come by it, many sellers with Endos are often the T2 cuz they're stuck with it. I was lucky to get a T1 for cheap late in the game.

image.jpeg

Finally, this is the most recent release which I believe is the same as the T1, but not certain.

image.jpeg

I don't think NECA themselves are above putting out endoskeletons with wonky loose jaws so I can well believe they are authentic NECA figures, but unfortunate that commandernarra may not have been aware of the better figure that exists.

I agree. I only mentioned that it may be a bootleg because that first release should be pretty long gone from most places at the retail price point... except the rash of Chinese knockoffs. Most places where you see it for sale at $20 list their location as China.

I am really surprised NECA still has the original release up for sale this far out from its release.

Sallah

Yup, That first pic was the one I ordered.
I'll have to track down the other one..or the Toys rUs one if it's the same. Cheers.
This was NECA's first Endo release as part of the T2 line, the one being mentioned.

View attachment 251552

Then they released and improved version with the T1 and this one is scarce and often pricey if you come by it, many sellers with Endos are often the T2 cuz they're stuck with it. I was lucky to get a T1 for cheap late in the game.

View attachment 251553

Finally, this is the most recent release which I believe is the same as the T1, but not certain.

View attachment 251554

If you bought it off the NECA eBay store, it could be that they found some old inventory in a warehouse that they were looking to clear out, and that's how an old version would still be sold today.

Just finally picked up the new Terminator Genysis T-800 Pops figure and it's definitely An awesome piece. I was planning on making a review but no need honestly. Quick pic below and it is an improvement over the Guardian version especially in the head. No freaky eyes. Also to add the arm swapping is tough as **** and cannot seem to get it but overall nice figure and if you display him he's a bit top heavy. Mine seems to want to fall if not balanced right.
uploadfromtaptalk1457990529700.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Alright, gonna need detailed files on that motorcycle. Name, where, cost, and can it be taken off that base thing. That looks great.

It's the Maisto 1:10 Harley Davidson 1999 FLSTF Fat Boy. I got it in an ebay auction. And yes it can be unscrewed from the base (which it is in my second pic above)

Others recommend a different one mentioned on a previous page but I'm perfectly happy with this one.

I'll say one positive about the older T-1000 figure, if you got one without wonky legs it really nailed Robert Patrick's ''walk'' (aswell as his proportions). The walk just can't really be replicated with the new figure with that diaper and the shorter legs. And a basic standing pose doesn't evoke the character very well, particularly not the way the arms splay outwards from the body - he looks like he's in a western. I can easily see why NECA went for the walking pose first time out.

I would now say that I'd prefer the older figure overall if it hadn't been an absolute QC nightmare. The darker shade of the outfit is better too.

Back