Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut off the excess lights and put on a T2 license plate. If only I could get accurate saddlebags. None seem to exist.

You're right they don´t... at least not a decent ones that can fill the expectatives of a freaky fans like us :lol I've benn working on a custom ones based on screen caps, will post my progress later.

BTW your figure is looking awsome dude!!! congrats!!!

Word in the Alien thread is NECA are making Newt. That makes me wonder if their plans for T2's anniversary might include that one missing character....:pray:

You're right they don´t... at least not a decent ones that can fill the expectatives of a freaky fans like us :lol I've benn working on a custom ones based on screen caps, will post my progress later.

BTW your figure is looking awsome dude!!! congrats!!!

It's strange too. If you search on ebay you can easily find real saddlebags that look exactly like the ones in the movie but for whatever reason no one seems to have made them for collectible model bikes. Are they specially licensed or something? Anyway, look forward to seeing your custom ones.

Word in the Alien thread is NECA are making Newt. That makes me wonder if their plans for T2's anniversary might include that one missing character....:pray:

But I doubt there's likeness rights for Danny Cooksey. Tough luck. :lol

latest

You were talking about him, right? Who else could you mean? :monkey3

A John with dirtbike would be cool. I had an argument with Diamond Select last night about the t shirt graphics on their Mallrats figures. NECA better do the Public Enemy design if they do make him. I like that they are making more of these characters, because I'm a big Cameron fanboy (84-94 only) and these figures are really exciting to me.

I won't say I'll never ask for anything else but if they make John Connor I will be a very happy man. And at this scale I will definitely buy multiples for loads of little scenes I'd like to complete.

If they make Newt definitley they will make John but the question is...when?! :D :impatient:

Here is my progress makin' an accurate pair of saddlebags for my bike, hope you like it:
20160330_095117.jpg

Newt is pretty much official, they posted a teaser and Carrie Henn herself was twittering about it. So it shows that NECA deems Newt important enough therefore John Connor from T2 is definitely important enough. Possible obstacles - Edward Furlong refusing and the Public Enemies logo on the T-shirt.

T2_bike2.jpg

Looking good! Already better than anything else. Maybe slightly too curved at the bottom and the top flap on the real saddlebags is like a lid that covers the sides too but very nice job. Nothing else I've seen looks even remotely close.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't see them making a Newt but no John Connor. That'd be nuts. Randy was always saying how kids don't sell well, how female characters don't sell well. Well if you're making a Newt, I don't see why you wouldn't make John Connor.

Here's what I'm thinking we'll see this year,

- Ultimate Tech Noir T-800 (duh)
- Ultimate Police Shootout T-800
- Ultimate Motorcycle Cop T-1000
- Ultimate Steel Mill/Battle Damaged T-800
- Ultimate John Connor

- 1/4 Steel Mill T-800

At that point, there's a lot of potential for variants and repaints. They could make an easy Pescadero Sarah by utilizing the head, arms and upper torso from Ultimate Sarah. We could potentially see a bunch of the weird T-1000 looks like when he gets split in two with the rod or a "shocked", broken nitrogen Motorcycle cop. They could do a bunch of cool Kenner repaints. Steel Mill T-1000 is a no brainer. Fun times ahead. I was satisfied when we just had the T-800 and T-1000 variants, but now we have quite the substantial collection, a collection I've always wanted to see done since I was a kid.

Looking good! Already better than anything else. Maybe slightly too curved at the bottom and the top flap on the real saddlebags is like a lid that covers the sides too but very nice job. Nothing else I've seen looks even remotely close.

You´re right didn't put the taps side-covers because of this image:
https://pemotoare.ro/wp-content/uploads/T2-photo-2.jpg
But now I see that they actually exist, will correct the bottom curve also, thanks for your comments.

Yeah, I don't see them making a Newt but no John Connor. That'd be nuts. Randy was always saying how kids don't sell well, how female characters don't sell well. Well if you're making a Newt, I don't see why you wouldn't make John Connor.

Here's what I'm thinking we'll see this year,

- Ultimate Tech Noir T-800 (duh)
- Ultimate Police Shootout T-800
- Ultimate Motorcycle Cop T-1000
- Ultimate Steel Mill/Battle Damaged T-800
- Ultimate John Connor

- 1/4 Steel Mill T-800

At that point, there's a lot of potential for variants and repaints. They could make an easy Pescadero Sarah by utilizing the head, arms and upper torso from Ultimate Sarah. We could potentially see a bunch of the weird T-1000 looks like when he gets split in two with the rod or a "shocked", broken nitrogen Motorcycle cop. They could do a bunch of cool Kenner repaints. Steel Mill T-1000 is a no brainer. Fun times ahead. I was satisfied when we just had the T-800 and T-1000 variants, but now we have quite the substantial collection, a collection I've always wanted to see done since I was a kid.

Yeah I thought the line was dead. I didn't even consider Ultimate T-800 any indication of a revival but then along came Ultimate Sarah and their statement of big plans for the 25th anniversary. :yess:

I really hope we're not getting ahead of ourselves with our John Connor talk. But they have to have known that by making Newt it would inevitably get Terminator collectors thinking about John. And as we've said before, it's now or never with the anniversary coming up. Of course there will be other anniversaries but they're presumably not going to keep the line going for another 5 years till they finally make John for the 30th so it very much feels like he has to be announced this year if he's ever going to be. The Newt announcement is a blessing for the Aliens line but also potentially a set-up for huge disappointment for the T2 line. I just can't help myself, Newt has me almost fully convinced that John will be happening whereas before yesterday I would have said 'no chance'.

You´re right didn't put the taps side-covers because of this image:
https://pemotoare.ro/wp-content/uploads/T2-photo-2.jpg
But now I see that they actually exist, will correcto the bottom curve also, thanks for your comments.

Certainly understandable then, it actually doesn't look like a lid in that shot...or maybe it is but just on one side??

Terminator license > Aliens license

John Connor > Newt

It'd be nuts to design, create and make the tooling for "Rebecca" (probably the least toyetic figure a company could make) and her baby doll head, and not John Connor, the pivotal character from the movies with the bike, computer, and Endoskeleton parts . I'd be pissed. :lol

He's a key character and the last one hey need to finish off the Terminator 2 line. It's be a huge oversight to produce Newt but not Connor.

Terminator license > Aliens license

John Connor > Newt

It'd be nuts to design, create and make the tooling for "Rebecca" (probably the least toyetic figure a company could make) and her baby doll head, and not John Connor, the pivotal character from the movies with the bike, computer, and Endoskeleton parts . I'd be pissed. :lol

He's a key character and the last one they need to finish off the Terminator 2 line. It'd be a huge oversight to produce Newt but not Connor.

Well, I have a Terminator bias but their Alien line has been fantastic so far with long-desired grails and a good bit of character variety and it seems like this will continue. If they had announced John Connor yesterday instead of Newt I'd have been saying ''Awesome...oh and maybe this means we can get a Newt figure, make it happen NECA''. I'll take both. Although I'll buy more Johns than Newts. Weird sentence.

edit - ''I'll buy'' he says like as though it's confirmed. See? Can't help myself.

Back