Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How cool is that. Sometimes I still can't believe we have these figures now. For so many years with even T2, let alone T1 (for which nothing had ever been made), it was like the current situation with Die Hard - ''why the hell are there no decent official figures with likenesses from this film??'' NECA to the rescue in 2009 at last and we're still getting new stuff in 2016.

Did you end up buying 2 Ultimate T-800s? :lol Got sucked in like myself. I too was planning to skip the T-800 at one point. Although I only bought one, initially for a Cyberdyne Axe-wielding T-800, then changed my mind and used it for Battle Across Time and then, when I decided to go for a Maisto Bike, I did the torso switch and he ended up being my permanent bike rider figure. I'm happy enough with all my other T-800s having the statue legs as I want them at that original height.

Yeah, I bought two. :lol

Mine are the same height as the old ones, which I thought was strange after seeing the comparisons where it looks noticeably shorter. Is it because I extended the knees as straight as they could go? Also when I did the torso swap with the Peacadero T-800, the hips popped out of the crotch and were loose. Thankfully I heated them up a bit more and let it sit and they're back to normal. One thing O noticed though is that it feels a little bit loose at the torso. I mean he's not sliding around doing a complete twist, but it is noiciably smoother with less friction where the Peacadero torso popped into the Ultimates lower legs. Did I not pop them on all the way at the waist or is this the normal fit?

How cool is that. Sometimes I still can't believe we have these figures now. For so many years with even T2, let alone T1 (for which nothing had ever been made), it was like the current situation with Die Hard - ''why the hell are there no decent official figures with likenesses from this film??'' NECA to the rescue in 2009 at last and we're still getting new stuff in 2016..

While NECA certainly is not up to the "high end" level of many manufacturers, thanks to their passion for these franchises and figures, they have more often provide me with the best presence of my most favorite properties. I have an amazing Terminator collection because of NECA that even at my largest, the combination of Sideshow and Hot Toys couldn't really touch in terms of representing the movies and the events of them. I have a nice Rambo collection thanks to them, best Rocky figure I ever owned, my favorite Godzilla 2014 figure in my whole collection, Predator.

I'm hoping to finally be able to order Sarah and Pops soon, then it'll just be waiting for, hopefully, young John.

Interesting, someone asked if they'd ever thought about doing a bike for T2 Arnie and this was the answer

of course, complicated w tooling and Harley Davidson licensing too

Yeah, I bought two. :lol

Mine are the same height as the old ones, which I thought was strange after seeing the comparisons where it looks noticeably shorter. Is it because I extended the knees as straight as they could go? Also when I did the torso swap with the Peacadero T-800, the hips popped out of the crotch and were loose. Thankfully I heated them up a bit more and let it sit and they're back to normal. One thing O noticed though is that it feels a little bit loose at the torso. I mean he's not sliding around doing a complete twist, but it is noiciably smoother with less friction where the Peacadero torso popped into the Ultimates lower legs. Did I not pop them on all the way at the waist or is this the normal fit?

It looks like its on right. A minor consequence of the switch-out it seems.

I kinda don't want to take my figure off the Harley to re-test but I'm sure I would have straightened the knees for my height comparison and he was shorter than the original release. I'm surprised to hear that yours are the same height.

While NECA certainly is not up to the "high end" level of many manufacturers, thanks to their passion for these franchises and figures, they have more often provide me with the best presence of my most favorite properties. I have an amazing Terminator collection because of NECA that even at my largest, the combination of Sideshow and Hot Toys couldn't really touch in terms of representing the movies and the events of them. I have a nice Rambo collection thanks to them, best Rocky figure I ever owned, my favorite Godzilla 2014 figure in my whole collection, Predator.

I'm hoping to finally be able to order Sarah and Pops soon, then it'll just be waiting for, hopefully, young John.

It's quite fortunate that my favourite licenses are their favourite licenses. They're delving pretty deep - still can hardly believe they're making Newt from Aliens - a female figure and a child no less - common wisdom has been that those 2 things = inferior sellers - and yet they've deemed her important enough to make. That's fantastic for us. And it surely must increase the likelihood of T2 John.

Interesting, someone asked if they'd ever thought about doing a bike for T2 Arnie and this was the answer

It looks like its on right. A minor consequence of the switch-out it seems.

I kinda don't want to take my figure off the Harley to re-test but I'm sure I would have straightened the knees for my height comparison and he was shorter than the original release. I'm surprised to hear that yours are the same height.

It's quite fortunate that my favourite licenses are their favourite licenses. They're delving pretty deep - still can hardly believe they're making Newt from Aliens - a female figure and a child no less - common wisdom has been that those 2 things = inferior sellers - and yet they've deemed her important enough to make. That's fantastic for us. And it surely must increase the likelihood of T2 John.
Alright, if Newt has been deemed important enough to do, then there is definitely an argument for T1 Sarah. There's no movie without her. Aliens didn't NEED Newt, and it's not like she comes with a bazooka or anything.

Alright, if Newt has been deemed important enough to do, then there is definitely an argument for T1 Sarah. There's no movie without her. Aliens didn't NEED Newt, and it's not like she comes with a bazooka or anything.

Yeah, I wouldn't rule T1 Sarah out now. Unless Newt tanks so badly that they just can't do it again.

If we asked on twitter I'm sure Randy would deny that T1 Sarah (or even T2 John) are a possibility but I have to believe that they in fact are.

We might be getting an 1/4 T1 Police Shootout next year....
8348f3d8f6dc7ebaa5aaf26c24d429b7.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I assume they'll just stick with their existing sculpts, no real clothes, which I doubt NECA could mass produce very well anyway.

Ever since the Newt announcement it has made the wait for news on their T2 anniversary plans all that much harder. Will they complete the main cast and make John...and if I'm greedy (I am) Pescadero Sarah with Chett's autoparts denim jacket option....

Last edited:
I would assume an 18" T2 will either be some semi BD mix with the mini gun or full BD and maybe die cast endo arm parts and and actual hoses/tubing, a glorified version of the 12" with Ultimate T-800 level articulation.

I'd prefer a modified sculpt if they did that. Was never quite sold on the small version (which is to say I bought it of course, but don't think they quite nailed it, the hair looked too short)

The other thing about the NECA Police Shootout figure, certainly the first version we have, is that it doesn't pose very well. The legs being pre-posed and the limited range of motion in the shoulders and elbows prevent you from capturing any particular shot from that part of the film with the figure.

Tech Noir was similarly limited in the arms but the leg stance works for when he's spraying the bar with bullets with the uzi.

I'd prefer a modified sculpt if they did that. Was never quite sold on the small version (which is to say I bought it of course, but don't think they quite nailed it, the hair looked too short)

The other thing about the NECA Police Shootout figure, certainly the first version we have, is that it doesn't pose very well. The legs being pre-posed and the limited range of motion in the shoulders and elbows prevent you from capturing any particular shot from that part of the film with the figure.

Tech Noir was similarly limited in the arms but the leg stance works for when he's spraying the bar with bullets with the uzi.
NECA is doing an Ultimate T1 Police shootout so I'd imagine the 1/4 would be somewhat close to that maybe added double jointed elbows or something to that degree. So I wouldn't worry too much about the legs or arms as thier T2 ultimate t-800 was good

Yeah, I'm happy with my customized police assault, I wanted to leave the figure in tact but I couldn't pose him any way that I was happy with, now he's even more statuesque but looks bad ass with the rifle on shoulder pose.

NECA is doing an Ultimate T1 Police shootout so I'd imagine the 1/4 would be somewhat close to that maybe added double jointed elbows or something to that degree. So I wouldn't worry too much about the legs or arms as thier T2 ultimate t-800 was good

It'll have hip and knee joints but I don't think they'll change the arms at all so decent gun-wielding poses will still be difficult. Having said that, I wouldn't want the sculpt to be too compromised.

Havin' some fun while I finish the bike customization... this could be a god movie poster :)
20160407_102734.jpg

Back