Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said it. I feel sorry for anyone who might have bought a defective one at their booth at comic con and paid with cash. I just assume NECA would leave them high and dry in that scenario.

I asked for a receipt when I paid for the booth and they were like "we don't have one". :lol

I'm reluctant to even take mine out of the box for this reason.

****ing global shipping program. Absolute rip-off and seemingly the majority of US sellers use it.

As for Pescadero Sarah - obviously I'd love that but it'd entail a new figure from the waist down, I can't see NECA doing it. Also there was talk on twitter recently of rereleasing the existing Sarah figure if the demand is there. I think they'll more likely do that and just pack John with a T-800.

I know mate I feel it was a rip-off , the seller said the figure would be in hand and posted mon/tues after the last day of comic con but wasn't posted till last saturday. I've exchanged loads of messages with the seller so thought I would get it rather quick for the price I paid upfront 6 weeks before SDCC but it's not been the case. I would never have done this for any other figure but there is no guarantee that JC will get a re-release. Plus over time the figure price will just continue to rise so I just took the hit while I had the money.
I will be mad as hell if I get a damaged box or damaged figure/accessories.

That is super cheap if they re-release the Sarah Connor figure as is. It wouldn't be hard to do a waist down sculpt of white bottoms with bare feet but probably too much effort for NECA lol.

You got your JC figure yet?

I asked for a receipt when I paid for the booth and they were like "we don't have one". :lol

I'm reluctant to even take mine out of the box for this reason.
Given the poor quality control and their continuing failure to improve it (in my experience), I think NECA counts on most collectors leaving these things in the box. :lol

I still don't understand why they didn't have several dozen replacements on hand for people who received damaged goods, especially given the defect rate of their products. NECA obviously had extras to give away to various toy sites/vloggers, but none left for their paying customers. The free coverage they're getting from that is coming out post-convention, so it's not like they're scoring extra sales from it.

View attachment 463353
Here is what we got LOL. IMHO makes a second release more probable, I hope .
My thinking as well. I don't understand why NECA would have sunk all that tooling cost for the dirt bike to only release it as a con exclusive. From my understanding, there were no legal issues keeping this from hitting retail (unlike the Turtles and DC sets). They could have nixed the bike and charged $40 for the John figure alone. I'm sure it would have still sold out.

In my brief time handling the figure (before sending my defective exclusive back), I couldn't really get the arms into a neutral pose where they just hung down at his sides. They were clearly designed with the bike riding pose in mind, not to mention he was only given a set of gripping hands. If John does get an eventual retail release, I think the Kenner tribute packaging with dirt bike is the logical choice -- especially since this Ultimate "movie" figure is not screen accurate and has the solid green/black shirt deco of the old Kenner toy anyway.

Honestly, most of those Ultimate accessories would have ended up in my box of spare parts. I'd be satisfied spending $20 less for a stripped down retail version of John with just the bike and backpack. That would certainly take the sting out of having to return my exclusive for a refund. I'm not a fan of the two-pack idea, even with a variant of Sarah. I don't need a third Uncle Bob on my shelf, either. For comparison sake, the Ripley/Newt set doesn't appear to have been a big success. Nearly three years later, it's still easy to find online for well below retail.

I have a gut feeling the only rerelease of John and the bike will be in Kenner colors.

Mine should be here Monday - Here’s hoping it won’t be any major QC issues. :pray:

I know mate I feel it was a rip-off , the seller said the figure would be in hand and posted mon/tues after the last day of comic con but wasn't posted till last saturday. I've exchanged loads of messages with the seller so thought I would get it rather quick for the price I paid upfront 6 weeks before SDCC but it's not been the case. I would never have done this for any other figure but there is no guarantee that JC will get a re-release. Plus over time the figure price will just continue to rise so I just took the hit while I had the money.
I will be mad as hell if I get a damaged box or damaged figure/accessories.

That is super cheap if they re-release the Sarah Connor figure as is. It wouldn't be hard to do a waist down sculpt of white bottoms with bare feet but probably too much effort for NECA lol.

You got your JC figure yet?

I've got it on the way from rjszar. However, I knew it'd kill me to only have one to start with so I also caved and ordered on ebay.

I have a gut feeling the only rerelease of John and the bike will be in Kenner colors.

Well, that wouldn't be so bad. The figure would stay as it is.

Out of curiosity I looked up 1:10 scale dirt bikes, alot of results. I wonder if NECA actually did tooling on that, or out sourced / subcontracted. When it comes down to it " what difference does it make ", well IMHO if NECA did outsource, it might increase the odd's of a bike less re-release.

"It's over" plays in the back as I type this.

What a bittersweet figure in many ways. I had wanted this to be a swan song to a line that has been near and dear to me since it's inception, a line that represents my favorite movie of all time. And it's just done. There's no remarkable closure, satisfaction, or anything of the sort. It feels like I'm closing a strange book in my life by putting this figure on the shelf, yet the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I'm overwhelmingly stressed in life right now. I broke down the other day spontaneously, and that really never happens, but when it does I fall back to the things I always enjoy like T2...so that probably has a hand in it. But again, I opened a figure worthy of 5 years ago which cost $50 frickin' bucks and expected it to magically blow my socks off.

Either way, the figure does the job. It gives me a complete T2 shelf and that's nice. But damn if it doesn't show how many corners were cut. All that's been said is true. I actually like the card reader accessory the most. That's really cool. Endoarm is as expected, a looped off T-800 arm in a tube with no updates. Paints are clean yet unremarkable, but consistency to an 11(?) year old line wins out so I can't knock it.

The bike is...excessively intricate? I'm impressed for what it is, sure, but it does perplex me in regards to NECA's numbers and logic. I dunno, a lot of tooling had to go into that thing for a set that I don't think sold very well. Seems like a strange move, if you ask me. And if they're hoping to get another buck for it by recoloring it in Kenner colors then boy are they delusional.

NECA has done SUCH a good job on things like Blade Runner and the Del Toro figs, it'd be awesome to see that brought into this line once more.

Regardless, here's the shelf that's had my T2 figs on it for dang near 10 years now, updated one final time. I think when life settles down a bit I'm going to give the headsculpts full repaints. There's much room to improve on good sculpts.

Anyways, word vomit. tl;dr the fig's 100% serviceable but breaks no boundaries and closes the NECA T2 line unceremoniously.

39f3b9d6dfe57fcce31d8b63699cedb8.jpg
33e0fb863696c7c52116aef66e55c8ad.jpg

Every time I post a Portrait pic it appears sideways on this forum or some reason, maybe the picture file is too big or something.

The other pics were taken Landscape and upload fine. Very annoying.

20190805_191846.jpg

Awesome pics. Does anyone know if the endo arm case can be removed? I painted the camo on his jacket today. I'm happy with the results. I'm starting the stencil for a portion of the public enemy logo tomorrow.

image.jpg

"It's over" plays in the back as I type this.

What a bittersweet figure in many ways. I had wanted this to be a swan song to a line that has been near and dear to me since it's inception, a line that represents my favorite movie of all time. And it's just done. There's no remarkable closure, satisfaction, or anything of the sort. It feels like I'm closing a strange book in my life by putting this figure on the shelf, yet the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I'm overwhelmingly stressed in life right now. I broke down the other day spontaneously, and that really never happens, but when it does I fall back to the things I always enjoy like T2...so that probably has a hand in it. But again, I opened a figure worthy of 5 years ago which cost $50 frickin' bucks and expected it to magically blow my socks off.

Either way, the figure does the job. It gives me a complete T2 shelf and that's nice. But damn if it doesn't show how many corners were cut. All that's been said is true. I actually like the card reader accessory the most. That's really cool. Endoarm is as expected, a looped off T-800 arm in a tube with no updates. Paints are clean yet unremarkable, but consistency to an 11(?) year old line wins out so I can't knock it.

The bike is...excessively intricate? I'm impressed for what it is, sure, but it does perplex me in regards to NECA's numbers and logic. I dunno, a lot of tooling had to go into that thing for a set that I don't think sold very well. Seems like a strange move, if you ask me. And if they're hoping to get another buck for it by recoloring it in Kenner colors then boy are they delusional.

NECA has done SUCH a good job on things like Blade Runner and the Del Toro figs, it'd be awesome to see that brought into this line once more.

Regardless, here's the shelf that's had my T2 figs on it for dang near 10 years now, updated one final time. I think when life settles down a bit I'm going to give the headsculpts full repaints. There's much room to improve on good sculpts.

Anyways, word vomit. tl;dr the fig's 100% serviceable but breaks no boundaries and closes the NECA T2 line unceremoniously.

39f3b9d6dfe57fcce31d8b63699cedb8.jpg
33e0fb863696c7c52116aef66e55c8ad.jpg

That's pure passion dude. I love T1 & T2 the same pretty much. Haha 'its over' that track is awesome, best soundtrack ever. I just picture Arnie wiping away John's tear when I hear that track :)

Awesome pics. Does anyone know if the endo arm case can be removed? I painted the camo on his jacket today. I'm happy with the results. I'm starting the stencil for a portion of the public enemy logo tomorrow.

View attachment 463765

Dude that look's awesome great job! What paint did you use and does it have a color code like some modelling paints do?

Hey there just standard acrylic paints. Just be sure to get the matte finish. Hand painted the public enemy logo too. :rock

image.jpg

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. It really does elevate the figure so much. I'm way happier with it now.

Back