Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah the close ups will make any NECA figure look like garbage. I just wanted to emphasize what I think are pretty "clean" paint apps for such a small figure. I've had some NECA figures that are a dumpster fire when it comes to paint. :lol

For what it's worth, it looks like he's right in line with the quality of sculpt, paint, appearance, etc that the original line released with. NECA's current stuff is leaps beyond that, but I suppose consistency is good. But I do feel like I'm looking at a time traveling 11 year old figure.

Despite the known shortcomings, the paint apps are surprisingly well done. Everything looks clean and is well sculpted. I haven't had time to put him on his bike or anything so the setup right now is temporary. Here's some crappy iPhone pics.

View attachment 462997
View attachment 462998
View attachment 462999
View attachment 463001

Good stuff man! Nice one for uploading the pics! Mine is currently in Kentucky at the global shipping programme centre lol. Hopefully be with me by the end of the week!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 88
The paint apps are in line with most of their other Terminator figures.

Would you all have traded the bike accessory for a $20 price drop and an increase in paint apps?

As Snoop said, the paint seems to be no worse than the rest of the line so no I wouldn't sacrifice the bike - the bike will open up great display possibilities especially if people also have a Maisto or ERTL Fatboy for the T-800. On the other hand if people don't have a Fatboy I can understand why John having his bike seems pretty unnecessary.

The paint apps are in line with most of their other Terminator figures.

As Snoop said, the paint seems to be no worse than the rest of the line so no I wouldn't sacrifice the bike - the bike will open up great display possibilities especially if people also have a Maisto or ERTL Fatboy for the T-800. On the other hand if people don't have a Fatboy I can understand why John having his bike seems pretty unnecessary.

Let me rephrase the question, because as a Terminator fan I'm thrilled to get the bike myself. As I said earlier, the figure feels like a time traveler from 11 years ago, which says both something for consistency but also shows the backburner this line has been placed on. I think the fact he matches is the most important aspect. But I know I'd buy the whole line again if they launched with the skin-tone plastic and Blade Runner 2049 series 2 paint app quality.

Would you (or do you believe others would, thus increasing sales) have sacrificed the bike in favor of the price drop and increased number of paint operations such as a pseudo-public enemies shirt and the camo?

It's hard to say, but the biggest issue is that even if someone wanted to get into this line, they don't have a T-800 to go with John. At least a reasonably accessible one. This figure is solely for legacy collectors. A T-800 can stand alone. A John Connor can't, let alone a $50 one.

Let me rephrase the question, because as a Terminator fan I'm thrilled to get the bike myself. As I said earlier, the figure feels like a time traveler from 11 years ago, which says both something for consistency but also shows the backburner this line has been placed on. I think the fact he matches is the most important aspect. But I know I'd buy the whole line again if they launched with the skin-tone plastic and Blade Runner 2049 series 2 paint app quality.

Would you (or do you believe others would, thus increasing sales) have sacrificed the bike in favor of the price drop and increased number of paint operations such as a pseudo-public enemies shirt and the camo?

It's hard to say, but the biggest issue is that even if someone wanted to get into this line, they don't have a T-800 to go with John. At least a reasonably accessible one. This figure is solely for legacy collectors. A T-800 can stand alone. A John Connor can't, let alone a $50 one.

I still say a "Pubic Enema" shirt should have been possible, especially because the outer shirt hides several letters.

I still say a "Pubic Enema" shirt should have been possible, especially because the outer shirt hides several letters.

I mean apparent's GnR was too on the nose as well, so who knows. I think an abstract design of angled lines above and below a white bar would have sufficed as well.

Or maybe best...what if they'd have reworked "NECA Collectibles", "NECA Enemies", or "NECA Corp" into the Public Enemies design?

Are there any "from scratch" repaints of the figures? I've toyed heavily with doing some heavy reworks of the sculpts, but would like to know if anyone has had significant luck doing so, as these are rather hard to come by now.

I just got the John Connor figure and I'm very happy with it. The head sculpts and paint look great IN HAND. I think the bandanna sculpt actually looks slightly older and the face a bit thinner, but I could be wrong. The Endo arm is trash tho. The computer and bike look great. The lack of camo is noticeable, especially when the box art clearly shows the camo pattern. The figure looks a bit too tall too, but I could be wrong. Overall I really like it. The outfit, jeans and the sneakers look very 90's and very accurate. :)

So trade the bike for the correct camo design on the shirt and a compromise for a logo on the T-shirt....hmm. Before I knew the bike was even a possibility, sure, but once I knew they were making the bike I got excited about that aspect so I now say no. We can customize the shirt and the logo - well, those of us without the talent will have to pay someone to do it for us and be without our figures for a while so that's a pain in the ass.

I wonder though, if they reissue John in a 2-pack or whatever minus the bike - would it at least have the camo on the shirt in that scenario...

:lol :lol :lol

At first I thought that read Public Enema - that'd be pretty humiliating.

I'm going to add the camo to the jacket. Not sure how I'm going to do the public enemy logo on the shirt yet.

I mentioned this a while ago, why don't we get hunterdnrc to make decals for the shirt and bike? I'm sure there's a decent amount of interest.

I think a-dev mentioned it before but John has torso articulation so a decal for the shirt wouldn't necessarily work.

I think even with the ab-crunch it can still work. Many of use will probably only pose him standing up straight which will not affect a decal. If we do use the ab joint it will be when he's on the bike and distortion will happen to a real life shirt. Or, this may mean having two figures.

I am so bummed. Just got the Ultimate John Connor yesterday and there are so many defects with it. The right handlebar of the bike is missing, the throttle is snapped off and one of the peddles is cracked and about to fall off. The clear support stand is missing the rod, making it useless. The figure itself has a metallic copper paint splotch on the front of the jeans. Where's the hell is the quality control? I've had more than my fair share of defective NECA figures, but this one takes the cake.

John Connor has been at the top of my most wanted figures list for years, so I'll be even more upset if they can't provide a replacement. Still, there's no way I'm keeping it in this condition. I replied to the confirmation e-mail since I couldn't find a customer service address for the NECA store. I also reached out on Twitter, where they told me I was using the wrong e-mail address. I was asked to contact "[email protected]" instead, which I couldn't find listed anywhere on their web store. Their packing slip gives zero instruction about incorrect or defective shipments, let alone any contact info

UPDATE: No replacement was offered and that really does sucks. They're giving me a shipping label to return it for a refund, but it's still a disappointment. I'm canceling my other NECA pre-orders.

Back