Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think even with the ab-crunch it can still work. Many of use will probably only pose him standing up straight which will not affect a decal. If we do use the ab joint it will be when he's on the bike and distortion will happen to a real life shirt. Or, this may mean having two figures.

It's a risk anyway, since the shirt has a pretty flat finish, but you will DEFINITELY get silvering on the decal where it lays on top of the gaps of the joint. The solution would be to cut the decal to fit each torso section before applying it. Even better, the Public Enemy logo could be made in two pieces made to fit both sections of the torso.

I am so bummed. Just got the Ultimate John Connor yesterday and there are so many defects with it. The right handlebar of the bike is missing, the throttle is snapped off and one of the peddles is cracked and about to fall off. The clear support stand is missing the rod, making it useless. The figure itself has a metallic copper paint splotch on the front of the jeans. Where's the hell is the quality control? I've had more than my fair share of defective NECA figures, but this one takes the cake.

John Connor has been at the top of my most wanted figures list for years, so I'll be even more upset if they can't provide a replacement. Still, there's no way I'm keeping it in this condition. I replied to the confirmation e-mail since I couldn't find a customer service address for the NECA store. I also reached out on Twitter, where they told me I was using the wrong e-mail address. I was asked to contact "[email protected]" instead, which I couldn't find listed anywhere on their web store. Their packing slip gives zero instruction about incorrect or defective shipments, let alone any contact info.

UPDATE: No replacement was offered and that really does sucks. They're giving me a shipping label to return it for a refund, but it's still a dispointment. I'm canceling my other NECA pre-orders.

NECA's award winning quality control and customer service strikes again!

It's a risk anyway, since the shirt has a pretty flat finish, but you will DEFINITELY get silvering on the decal where it lays on top of the gaps of the joint. The solution would be to cut the decal to fit each torso section before applying it. Even better, the Public Enemy logo could be made in two pieces made to fit both sections of the torso.

I didn't mention it in my reply, but that is exactly what I was thinking. :1-1: The decal in two pieces I mean.

Does also the fact that the decals would be going onto sculpted clothing complicate matters? What with sculpted folds and so on?

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/31/...onnor-figue-by-neca-toyark-photo-shoot-358789

Toyark photo shoot and review (which, thank god, at least mentioned the lack of camo on the shirt). The comments show a general disappointment in the figure - from the headsculpt (personally I think it's fine, I just would have liked a smiling head aswell for the lighthearted scenes) to the plain green shirt to the fact that it was announced as an exclusive at the last minute.

Does also the fact that the decals would be going onto sculpted clothing complicate matters? What with sculpted folds and so on?

It would. Fortunately there are two products available at hobby shops, and Hobby Lobby, online hobby retailers like Tower Hobbies, and even Amazon called Micro-Sol and Micro-Set. These are decal setting solutions designed to soften decals so they will conform to irregular surfaces and aid adhesion.

I'm going to be painting the camo on the jacket as well as the public enemy logo on the shirt. The shirt is going to be a lot more tricky than the jacket that's for sure. :lol

Paint on the jacket should be fine. The decal will have some play time before it dries. Lining up the two pieces might be tricky.

SDCC-2018-NECA-Horror-and-Sci-Fi-065.jpg

Is it just me or is the rib cage area on the Preview figure 1 piece ?

Yeah looks to be. And I'm convinced the bag looks sculpted onto the figure there...which would have sucked. So that's at least one way it improved, if I'm right. But the camo shirt NECA.....

Well painting the camo shouldn't be too bad and the good thing about the shirt is that the full public enemy logo is rarely ever seen. So I'm just going to paint the UBL/NEM. :lol I'm also going to be doing the XR logo on his bike.

i don't know why they didn't bother with repeating the camouflage paint in the first place.
first i thought they decided "it's too difficult" but then i remembered Aliens marines line.

NECA's award winning quality control and customer service strikes again!

You said it. I feel sorry for anyone who might have bought a defective one at their booth at comic con and paid with cash. I just assume NECA would leave them high and dry in that scenario.

Getting a John figure released has been a long and draining process. I'm almost a little glad he turned out so lackluster as it saves me dropping a ton of money on ebay. I am hopeful he sees a wider release, though if it must be a 2-pack (as it was with Newt) I'm rooting for Sarah in white as opposed to another Arnie.

Yeah looks to be. And I'm convinced the bag looks sculpted onto the figure there...which would have sucked. So that's at least one way it improved, if I'm right. But the camo shirt NECA.....

It looked separate in person, or at least the straps did. They did add a torso joint since the prototype, so I guess that's an improvement, but it's really the only one. I am pretty glad I wasn't clamoring for John, or I'd be really pissed.

Getting a John figure released has been a long and draining process. I'm almost a little glad he turned out so lackluster as it saves me dropping a ton of money on ebay. I am hopeful he sees a wider release, though if it must be a 2-pack (as it was with Newt) I'm rooting for Sarah in white as opposed to another Arnie.

That's what I hope we get 'Pescadero Sarah & John Figure' Double Pack. That would be awesome, they only have to paint the vest white , give her some plain white bottoms and bare feet, done! Oh and the guards night stick.

I paid a total including ebays global shipping customs programme $140 for my JC and it's still not here. Probably arrive next week. I just hope there is no damage to the figure or accessories as someone posted a page or two back that their figure had a load of broken parts and paint smudges on it which sucks.:(

****ing global shipping program. Absolute rip-off and seemingly the majority of US sellers use it.

As for Pescadero Sarah - obviously I'd love that but it'd entail a new figure from the waist down, I can't see NECA doing it. Also there was talk on twitter recently of rereleasing the existing Sarah figure if the demand is there. I think they'll more likely do that and just pack John with a T-800.

Back