Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

:clap

now it looks great instead of kenner-meh, and i would never say it's not stock paint.
well... actually i could. there are no paint stains in wrong places where they would be on an actual Neca figure :slap

Thanks for the kind words guys. If you have any questions or need yours painted just message me.

Really raises the impression of the figure. We had fair warning about the lack of Public Enemy logo but that lack of Camo on the shirt felt a bit insulting.

On twitter today

Do you know if we will see John Connor released again? A GameStop exclusive release perhaps? Preorders went up while I was at work.

Randy - 'No plans to bring him back'

OK...if this is one of Randy's little white lies, I would say to him - what is there for NECA to gain by telling people this lie if in fact you do intend to release John again? I don't get it. Seems to me the only people who benefit from this playful deception will be aftermarket sellers on ebay. So, if you're bull***tting us Randy, stop right now, this isn't the time for that crap.

The second scenario is that he isn't lying, and John follows the Hawkins or red-shirt Dutch example of one-and-done SDCC exclusives that don't get reissued in any form. This will add salt to the wound that many Terminator fans sustained when Randy announced so late that John was to be an exclusive. Many if not most people assumed he was to be a regular release when he was first shown off at SDCC 2018 and Randy did nothing to correct our mistaken notion - allowing us all to get our hopes up. After a long wait he revealed him as an exclusive like as if it was great news, as if it wasn't going to piss people right off. So no reissue in any form is a gut punch to Terminator fans.

Last edited:
Most sold listing aren't terribly higher than the MSRP. I wonder if it might be a licensing issue with Furlong that also prevents a wide release?

Naw, I don't think Randy would have a problem saying that if it was the case.

What bugs me is that he might be doing a lie/tease here. He may well intend to give John a wider release ala Newt - but also he might not. The doubt he creates will spur people to buy on ebay. And if they later do release John to the wider market then that pisses off the people who overpaid on ebay as a direct result of the uncertainty Randy cultivated initially.

Secondary market high cost sales must really bother the manufacturers they?re probably thinking damn we?ve should?ve just charged what this punk is selling it for on Ebay lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On twitter today

OK...if this is one of Randy's little white lies, I would say to him - what is there for NECA to gain by telling people this lie if in fact you do intend to release John again? I don't get it. Seems to me the only people who benefit from this playful deception will be aftermarket sellers on ebay. So, if you're bull***tting us Randy, stop right now, this isn't the time for that crap.

The second scenario is that he isn't lying, and John follows the Hawkins or red-shirt Dutch example of one-and-done SDCC exclusives that don't get reissued in any form. This will add salt to the wound that many Terminator fans sustained when Randy announced so late that John was to be an exclusive. Many if not most people assumed he was to be a regular release when he was first shown off at SDCC 2018 and Randy did nothing to correct our mistaken notion - allowing us all to get our hopes up. After a long wait he revealed him as an exclusive like as if it was great news, as if it wasn't going to piss people right off. So no reissue in any form is a gut punch to Terminator fans.

I missed Hawkins and red shirt Dutch and that's why I paid $80 for John Connor. NECA pisses me off on the regular.

On twitter today

I really enjoy the Terminator franchise, but I consider myself lucky that I am not a hardcore NECA guy, because this kind of stuff, where such a pivitol character (John, for instance, from T2) is either never produced, joked about, or released in such limited quantities at a con 90% of us can't get to, I'd lose my mind. I feel for you guys.

NECA won’t be around forever. If toy companies like Mattel and Hasbro are struggling, I can only imagine what a little company out in New Jersey must be experiencing.

They just made the most bad ass looking 1/12 scale plastic Batman action figure ever.

My ass will be focused just on that at NYCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And makes it look like it was a stone block with "articulation" added so the figure looks good in only one pose?

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the big drawback with anything done by McFarlane. Except for maybe the first couple of series of Spawn figures, they have always been done as jointed statues instead of "action" figures.

Back