Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on those paint fixes....looks great. I think I would scale them at about 1/7.
89d158a7a59fd9813651134d9d6ba100.jpg

They are very very close to 1/6
e17d443a85018102e510f21448fd2420.jpg

BTW you can fix the photos posting sidways by editing them slightly on you phone before posting. A little cropping of the pic usually fixes it. Its a weird bug. You don’t have resize it very much and no need to re orient it....just make any edit and resave....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Thanks for the fix!

That’s what I thought. Aaaallmost close enough to display wirh 1/6 (except the mogwai of course, never understood why NECA made the scale so messed within their own line)

While a repaint is a great idea, I dont think you will be able to do much about certain issues.

The paint issue on the ears for one. That joint is just way too to tight. Any paint you add will get scraped off the second you move the ears....

Yeah its that tight...

I see, well, have to see what I can do. I'll probably settle on a pose I like before I repaint. I'll be happy if they stand up and hold the accessories the way I want them to. Shouldn't think I'll do much more with the joints after that.

In terms of scale I'd guess the Gremlins are around 1/5. I don't think NECA work to a specific scale anyway, their Ultimate Ash vs Evil Dead figure is 1/12 whereas the others like Pennywise and Freddy are more like 1/11.

Anyone care to weigh in on the best Gizmo to get? Any of them in scale at all with the Ultimates?

NECA are the main ones, they did one years ago, but, that is showing its age now. They did do an Ultimate Gizmo. He is in scale with the Gremlin and comes with loads of accessories. However, there is one major down point. They decided to install some rolling eyes in the head. They don't work very well and are too far back in the head. When you put one of the swappable faces on him, the eyes are too far back and you can barely see them. I have yet to see anyone do a fix for them.

I thought of taking out the rolling eyes, cutting up sections of ping pong ball and making shells for the eyes on each individual face and then painting the eyeballs in. Doable but a bit of a hassle.

Here's a video so you can judge for yourself:

Some of the accessories do work better on the Gremlin than they do Gizmo, like the Christmas hat.

I was thinking of picking up the Takara gremlins off eBay. They are probably out of scale to but they might work. I’m not sure if the ears look to big on them as well.

Yeah I had the same feeling about the Ultimate Gizmo....

Heavily modding the eyes seems the only recourse....

I have 3 figures on the modding desk currently, so not to keen on adding a 4th.

Those Takara ones do seem a little small to me. You'd be looking at a 2" tall figure at best. I think the best way to judge scale with the NECA ones is the size of the accessories. Look at the playing cards for example, do they look right in a 1/6 hand!?

Still waiting for them to hit the UK, tomorrow may be hopeful. If you see one online, jump on it. I don't think, for some odd reason, that very many UK retailers are getting these in and might not get many when they do.

You did get a good one there. I'm not fully sure what I'm going to do with him. If I got one I would maybe get another Gremlin and mod the head on it to turn that into Stripe. I just think NECA went too extreme trying to make him look different. I have a TOTS one coming and that will be the benchmark. We'll see......

Both these and Stripe look to have hit the UK. Considering the wait time for the Gremlin, they've actually turned Stripe around a lot quicker. All things being good, I may be able to get some tomorrow.........

I've never bought anything Neca before but it think i'm gonna get some of these. How do it work, lots of place have seemed to have sold out already. Once these are gone are they gone for good or does Neca just keep making them?

I've never bought anything Neca before but it think i'm gonna get some of these. How do it work, lots of place have seemed to have sold out already. Once these are gone are they gone for good or does Neca just keep making them?

NECA is unpredictable with restocks on stuff... it really depends on overall sales for the figures.
I would guess that the Gremlin will go back into production (plus there is the Gamestop Gremlin coming soon).
Stripe on the other hand may be a one-and-done situation, since he is a stand alone release.

Now I've just got my TOTS Stripe in hand, I've actually decided not to get the NECA one. Compared to the TOTS, which was sculpted with the original prop next to it, the NECA one just looks awful and, sadly, it would take more work than I want to put in to get a regular one looking like him. NECA dropped the ball as far as he's concerned, and I think it landed on his head!

If you have a Gremlin with a crooked jaw, I think I may have spotted what is up, I saw it in this video (watch it full screen):

The inner part of the upper jaw looks to be an insert, on the one in the above video it wasn't glued in straight. This meant that the lower jaw wasn't able to close properly. You could leave it I suppose. The card player drawing on his cigarette might look like that. If you were feeling more adventurous, you could pop the head off, heat the lower jaw, pop that off and pry off the inner upper palate and put it back in straight. I guess it depends on how much it bothers you.

I'm hoping I can score 3 that have good jaws, we will see......

They hit the UK together, which is a fast turn around for Stripe considering the wait there's been for the Gremlins. I'd better be able to get them next week, this wait is doing my head in!

Back