Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripe arrived yesterday. He was a little "gummy" but I used a fine tip black permanent marker to reduce it and it looks way better than it did out of the package.

0211191526.jpg

0211191522a.jpg

20190211_214637.jpg

20190211_214801.jpg

I'll have a look around,

Finally got my 3 Gremlins today. All 3 have excellent jaw closure, the heads and necks are stiff but I got them to where I needed them. The ears are all good, but I won't move them much. Some hand hinges do work and some don't, even after heat, certainly not going to force any of them. The elbow hinges are all good, but it took a lot of heat to free the swivels. The hands twist and some fingers aren't quite in the right positions, but, that may partly help with the accessories. One has a loose torso joint, but it stays where I want it. The legs, I've barely touched them, but, all 3 figures stand really well on their own, so I won't do anything else to them.

I'm going to leave them overnight to settle before seeing what I can do with each one regarding accessories and who gets what

Pics will follow tomorrow when I'm happy with everything, it's all looking good so far though!

I'll have a look around,

Finally got my 3 Gremlins today. All 3 have excellent jaw closure, the heads and necks are stiff but I got them to where I needed them. The ears are all good, but I won't move them much. Some hand hinges do work and some don't, even after heat, certainly not going to force any of them. The elbow hinges are all good, but it took a lot of heat to free the swivels. The hands twist and some fingers aren't quite in the right positions, but, that may partly help with the accessories. One has a loose torso joint, but it stays where I want it. The legs, I've barely touched them, but, all 3 figures stand really well on their own, so I won't do anything else to them.

I'm going to leave them overnight to settle before seeing what I can do with each one regarding accessories and who gets what

Pics will follow tomorrow when I'm happy with everything, it's all looking good so far though!

Worst joints on mine were the ears and wrist ball joints.

You know, after seeing Stripe in person, I cannot see how anyone thinks the Trick or Treat Stripe puppet
is a better representation of how he looked in the movie.

I'm sorry, but NECA nailed his face. He looked different than the other gremlins and had that grizzled snarl in his mouth.
This figure is the best Stripe figure ever made, IMO.

Worst joints on mine were the ears and wrist ball joints.

Not really touched the ears on mine. The right wrist hinges on all 3 of mine are locked solid, but I don't really need them to do much. Once I'm happy with them I'll PO the Gamer Gremlin as he comes with the popcorn bucket I need for the 3D glasses version.

You know, after seeing Stripe in person, I cannot see how anyone thinks the Trick or Treat Stripe puppet
is a better representation of how he looked in the movie.

I'm sorry, but NECA nailed his face. He looked different than the other gremlins and had that grizzled snarl in his mouth.
This figure is the best Stripe figure ever made, IMO.

I saw him today and thought the opposite. Still, it's what makes you happy that matters.

I saw him today and thought the opposite. Still, it's what makes you happy that matters.

I guess it depends on what part of the movie you watch. I mostly remember him from the store sequence at the end,
and that puppet seemed to have more distinct facial features than the one from earlier on in the movie.

Best images I could find on the face I think they used for reference:

Stripe_01.jpg

Stripe_02.jpeg

Stripe_03.jpg

Stripe_04.jpg

And one of the promo pics from NECA:

NECA_Stripe.jpg

Maybe the only nitpick would be his nose could have been a bit larger and maybe a bit more of the white hair?

Still, he isn't just a generic gremlin with a white stripe of hair on his head.
I know a lot of the original promo art and such made him look that way... but the puppet had a bit more personality.

I can see what you're getting at, but, I'm still not overly keen on him. I've got both TOTS puppets side by side and the sculpt on Stripe is completely different. Russ Lukich sculpted both with hero puppets alongside him for reference. What throws the production NECA sculpt off the most are the eyes, the paint on them is overdone, what was subtle shading on the real ones has been over-accentuated on the production ones leaving them looking weird and too small. A subtle repaint could fix this. I do plan on repainting some of the body markings on all of mine eventually.

I'll have another look at Stripe when I'm next out, you never know, he may grow on me........

Here are my trio:

After checking joints:

8r01mMx.jpg

Final look:

Nz7mMcv.jpg

This one had the worst hands of the 3, so I'll give him the popcorn bucket from the Gamer to hold.

Second one:

Dib6q7d.jpg

zmPrfvZ.jpg

Although the hands were better, he couldn't hold the cola so I swapped hands with my third one.

g3TkvFl.jpg

4ltnlaW.jpg

His torso joint was very floppy, so I ran superglue into the joint while moving it. While doing that, I thought I'd lost the cigarette. I frantically searched everywhere and it seemed to have vanished. Then I opened his mouth, the little SOB had eaten it!

On the whole, I really like them, but, they're not quite as Ultimate as they seem. To me they have all the issues you'd expect from a carded one. A true Ultimate would have matched this:

vLpGRN0.jpg

I will eventually repaint mine so they do look closer to that.

WARNING:

Even if the legs are rock solid and you think you've got the pose just right, the little buggers will spontaneously topple over! Just had one of mine go. Best advice would be to get some figure stands. NECA do clear ones in packs of 10.

WARNING:

Even if the legs are rock solid and you think you've got the pose just right, the little buggers will spontaneously topple over! Just had one of mine go. Best advice would be to get some figure stands. NECA do clear ones in packs of 10.
true. Suffered those suicidal impulses from Neca figures to jump from high selves [emoji28]

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

With those legs and that big noggin it was waiting to happen, I just prayed it wouldn't. Gremlins have their own gremlins! Some people want to stand Stripe on the skateboard on a shelf, yeah, good luck with that!

I've decided to get him, and he's going on a stand. The only one that won't is the Gamer as I want him to either sit or kneel.

With those legs and that big noggin it was waiting to happen, I just prayed it wouldn't. Gremlins have their own gremlins! Some people want to stand Stripe on the skateboard on a shelf, yeah, good luck with that!

I've decided to get him, and he's going on a stand. The only one that won't is the Gamer as I want him to either sit or kneel.

Yep, stands are really needed. Unless you hot glue the waist in a static pose.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I pretty much did that with my card player, and he was the first to go down after I'd done that. There's a small possibility of getting Stripe on the skateboard still, it depends on how far apart the wheels are. Maybe you could place one foot on a stand and then have the other up on the skateboard as though he's about to push off. Trouble with that would be that you'd have to loosen a leg, and that might hamper him standing again if it doesn't work. Something to mull when I get mine I suppose....

I pretty much did that with my card player, and he was the first to go down after I'd done that. There's a small possibility of getting Stripe on the skateboard still, it depends on how far apart the wheels are. Maybe you could place one foot on a stand and then have the other up on the skateboard as though he's about to push off. Trouble with that would be that you'd have to loosen a leg, and that might hamper him standing again if it doesn't work. Something to mull when I get mine I suppose....

Wow thats surprising.

They do have foot holes ...so maybe a smaller disc stand....

That could be done of the skate board and not look too offensive.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The peg on the stands is placed quite far back, you may get away with it. Definitely something to experiment with.

Anyway, I think I'm going to get one more Gremlin, I spotted this one in the movie theatre:

K4AwRYe.jpg

The one with the cap, you get that cap with the Gamer Gremlin, that looks so funny, I've got to do it! Also, look what else you see in that pic, the cola cups had lids on! NECA were showing off when they put fancy ice in them.

Back