Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compare that to this promo image:

307544-1024x683.jpg

Something went a little wrong, and it would take some work to fix it too. Hope they're not all like that.

Ta dah!

Yeah, the top teeth look better, but, the lower jaw went awry. I'm glad I'm getting mine from a store I can visit so I can pick a good one.

Well if its a separate piece a quick mod will pop it out file it and re glue

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Hitting a Target most every day trying to find an Ultimate. One of these days...

You and everyone else I would imagine. I'd hit eBay and online retailers, just to be sure. He's not even out over here yet!

I preordered a few through BBTS along with Ultimate Stripe. I will wait and let the game come to me.

Happy to report my Stripe arrived a week early, teeth look great, just the right amount of gum showing.....

He looks spectacular!. Full video review coming...

I can already say that they need a gloss coating on the eyes...and teeth ... as you can see need a slightly better paint job...that will also help with the gummy look. But its minimal at normal viewing.

IMG_8951.jpg

IMG_8955.jpg

NECA-Stripe-and-Skateboard-928x483.jpg

4wjy.gif

Can't wait to see that! I'll hopefully get mine next week, they're supposed to hit the UK tomorrow. I think I'd eventually repaint mine as the green skin is way too dark. On my TOTS the green is more olive drab and that fits with pics of the originals that I've seen. I think the edging around the pale stripes and the belly should be more tan in colour.

11558486_1.jpg

stock-photo-127964785.jpg

Once that's done I think I'll be happy with them.

I know, back again, but, something on these NECA Gremlins was really bugging me, and now I have my TOTS one, I know what it is.

There shouldn't be any pale paint on the throat. It should only be on the chest and torso. Some did have a little light shading, but nothing as pronounced.

Gremlins-Screen-Used-Full-Size-Gremlin-Puppet-2.jpg

This would help stop some head poses looking off as you wouldn't have to worry about that bit lining up. Also, there are no bold stripes on the shoulder pieces. You can see that on the box art for Stripe really clearly. At some point I can see myself doing a much more extensive repaint on mine.

Last edited:
Yea , those pic are harsh light accurate, but I think for most of the film they look darker. The shading of the yellow is definitely off..I may correct that as well.

I tend to use this guy as a reference....since hes the hero gremlin, first time we see them , I tend to think they showed them in the most accurate way.
Gremlins.gif

Incidentally, the puppetry in this shot was masterful, and has never been equaled.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

This daylight video of Sacha Feiner's replicas looks good:

They look darker than the TOTS there. Apparently Sacha's were cast from original moulds. I'll work something out eventually.....

I do wonder if Joe Dante influenced the pricked up ears, the werewolves in The Howling had them too.

Got my Stripe today. Overall I really like it, but it suffers from your usual NECA tight joint issues in some areas like the knees (something I never had with any of their Gremlins figures prior to the Ultimates) and I feel the amount of accessories doesn't really warrant the "Ultimate" title. They are great accessories of course - but back in 2012/2013 this definitely would have been released as a standard NECA figure. Are they just slapping the "Ultimate" title on everything they make now?

Otherwise the figure itself looks great on display and I love that these seem to fit in with 1/6. Pictures coming tomorrow.

Video Review Rendering......

Should be out tomorrow.

Couple of teaser shots....Love this figure...refreshing to have a quality figure less than 100 dollars...
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1528.jpg

Got my Stripe today. Overall I really like it, but it suffers from your usual NECA tight joint issues in some areas like the knees (something I never had with any of their Gremlins figures prior to the Ultimates) and I feel the amount of accessories doesn't really warrant the "Ultimate" title. They are great accessories of course - but back in 2012/2013 this definitely would have been released as a standard NECA figure. Are they just slapping the "Ultimate" title on everything they make now?

Otherwise the figure itself looks great on display and I love that these seem to fit in with 1/6. Pictures coming tomorrow.

I think he got the Ultimate tag as he used the same body. The accessories are few, but, I guess they were the main ones for the scenes with Stripe that everyone remembers. I'll still get him though.

If he can stand up then tight legs aren't much of an issue. If those joints get too loose he'll never stand up.

Video Review Rendering......

Should be out tomorrow.

Couple of teaser shots....Love this figure...refreshing to have a quality figure less than 100 dollars...

Looks good,

If you look at Sacha's, the markings on the body are more accurate for him than they are the other Gremlins. Still needs a bit of a repaint though.

Back