Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So these pics of Stripe are all looking different in the gum line, does it vary from figure to figure
how much of his upper gums are showing?

xipotec's pics look perfect, but chakor's looks to have too much of the upper gums showing...?

It seems like the entire upper jaw is a separate piece, so it wouldn't surprise me if some copies of this figure have the jaw glued further back into the mouth than others, hence the difference in the amount of gums showing.

Yeah, this is why I'm glad I'm getting my figures from bricks and mortar with more to choose from. Stripe's eyes look really off to me, way too much red round the edges. It was more subtle on the promos, but there's hardly any on Sacha's. Something else that may need a slight repaint....

So these pics of Stripe are all looking different in the gum line, does it vary from figure to figure
how much of his upper gums are showing?

xipotec's pics look perfect, but chakor's looks to have too much of the upper gums showing...?

I think its all in the paint of the teeth as my video will show.
They were VERY lazy on the teeth, even mine need a touch up. That excessive gum line is more a lack of painting the teeth properly.

242d4430f14b3dc984959aea46c38080.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Hi Rogerbee - as a fellow Brit, where do you buy from? Thanks.

I have a store local to me, not sure if they have a site.

These guys are good, but act fast when they get them in as they tend not to get many:

https://www.dandyisland.com/gremlins-ultimate-gizmo-mogwai-action-figure-neca-official-5892.html

Ignore the subject, the rest of the page is about the Gremlin. I've bought from them in the past and have no complaints. Mind you, check the cart closely to see what's in it, you wouldn't want to get sent a Gizmo! Aside from them I'd check eBay.

Last edited:
Here my review! Like and subscribe if your inclined....

https://youtu.be/vtFZgmObRvQ

Great review! He looks better in that video than he does those pics. The paint rubs on the ear hinges will likely bug the heck out of me, though I'll see what I can do when I come to repaint them. That won't happen till I've moved, which will probably be May after the Gamer Gremlin comes out.

I have a store local to me, not sure if they have a site.

These guys are good, but act fast when they get them in as they tend not to get many:

https://www.dandyisland.com/gremlins-ultimate-gizmo-mogwai-action-figure-neca-official-5892.html

Ignore the subject, the rest of the page is about the Gremlin. I've bought from them in the past and have no complaints. Mind you, check the cart closely to see what's in it, you wouldn't want to get sent a Gizmo! Aside from them I'd check eBay.
Thanks, I haven't seen these guys before, that's a good price. My nearest physical shop which stocks Neca is Forbidden Planet in Edinburgh (30ish miles away) and they're always overpriced, I'm always on the lookout for recommendations for good UK suppliers. I tend to rely on eBay for Neca, but even there UK prices are really creeping up...

My review on Stripe:

Hahah I thought that video was from a member!

How the heck do you get the thumbnail to be the one you want???

Great review BTW.

Hahah I thought that video was from a member!

How the heck do you get the thumbnail to be the one you want???

Great review BTW.

Thanks!

As for the thumbnail, YouTube makes you verify your account (I believe through sending them a phone number) in order to use custom thumbnails. Once verified you should be able to select a thumbnail to use.

Thanks!

As for the thumbnail, YouTube makes you verify your account (I believe through sending them a phone number) in order to use custom thumbnails. Once verified you should be able to select a thumbnail to use.

Eh, I would rather be anonymous....

Thanks for the tip!

Nice review,

After looking at Stripe and regular Gremlins, the paint apps on the NECA more closely match him more than they do the others. You definitely got a good one. When I get mine, and when I'm up and running, I intend to give them all a full repaint as, to me, they just aren't movie accurate enough as they are. I'll just go over them with thin coats of paint so as to preserve the articulation and go thicker where there isn't as much like on the belly. Won't be for a while as yet though.

Nice review,

After looking at Stripe and regular Gremlins, the paint apps on the NECA more closely match him more than they do the others. You definitely got a good one. When I get mine, and when I'm up and running, I intend to give them all a full repaint as, to me, they just aren't movie accurate enough as they are. I'll just go over them with thin coats of paint so as to preserve the articulation and go thicker where there isn't as much like on the belly. Won't be for a while as yet though.

While a repaint is a great idea, I dont think you will be able to do much about certain issues.

The paint issue on the ears for one. That joint is just way too to tight. Any paint you add will get scraped off the second you move the ears....

Yeah its that tight...

Found one of these guys at my local target. After I messed with the teeth a bit and added some gloss to the eyes and mouth I think he is pretty cool.
Paint job out of the box.
Screenshot_20190126-192839_Gallery.jpg
After some tweaks, sorry its sideways.
20190126_191603.jpg
On the shelf
20190126_193135.jpg

Back