Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using a hairdryer would be my plan too. I've probably talked myself up to suffer breakage on all my future NECA figures now! That happened when everyone complained about HT knees. I said I hadn't had any trouble, then broke two straight afterwards. I have seen enough reviews to know what to look out for now, so, touch wood, I should be ok. Mind you, it can't all be down to our over-eagerness that things like this happen, can it!? How many of us have approached NECA when stuff happens? If anything does now I'll be straight onto their FB page to let them know, they're usually quite responsive on there.

Ultimate Stripe is shipping from NECA this week. Looking forward to seeing him guys. Be another month at least before he hits the UK.

Got my Ultimate yesterday and I love it! And its true its a tad bit over sized if your comparing it to the 28" stunt puppet (I have that too). This one comes right in at 6 inches from the floor to the top of the head which would make him 3 feet tall in 1:1. That is close enough for me, you can't even tell when next to other 1/6 figures. Overall, great figure after you heat up the joints!
IMG_7947.jpg
IMG_7946.jpg
IMG_7963.jpg

Looking good!

As for size 7X4=28 so, in comparison to the Trick or Treat one the Ultimate would work out at roughly 1/4 scale. I'm getting both. 3 Ultimate and one TOTS.

Looking good!

As for size 7X4=28 so, in comparison to the Trick or Treat one the Ultimate would work out at roughly 1/4 scale. I'm getting both. 3 Ultimate and one TOTS.

Awesome! But like I said it may be listed as a 7 inch figure but he literally tops out at 6 inches. So its more like 1/5 lol

You guys have convinced me these are worth a try..

How are the joints? Stiff? Do the feel very fragile?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Looking good!

Much too small for 1:4 I think.

1:5 probably more appropriate.

Still I'm fine with the scale for 1:6. It works for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here's my TOTS:

He's ace, did you seal him? I asked Chris Walas about protecting them and he said he used this:

https://gardnercoatings.com/products/leak-stopper-clear-patch

He said to thin it and it worked really well. You can pick this up from places like Home Depot or it is on Amazon. It's not available in the UK and costs a fortune to import so I've had to find an alternative. I'll post my findings in the TOTS thread when I get some and indeed the Gremlin.

Much too small for 1:4 I think.

1:5 probably more appropriate.

Still I'm fine with the scale for 1:6. It works for me.

Possibly, though I think some of them weren't quite fully grown. If you look at the TOTS one, Billy's Mom would have had a hard time stuffing something that size into a microwave. Ours is pretty big, but I know one wouldn't fit in there. To me, the TOTS one would be a fully grown one, so you could get away with the NECA being not quite that.

Possibly, though I think some of them weren't quite fully grown. If you look at the TOTS one, Billy's Mom would have had a hard time stuffing something that size into a microwave. Ours is pretty big, but I know one wouldn't fit in there. To me, the TOTS one would be a fully grown one, so you could get away with the NECA being not quite that.
That's a good way of looking at it! I felt they were pretty close to this size in comparison next to a 1:6. It works. So yeah these are fully grown Gremlins! [emoji3]

Well in for a penny....

Ultimate Stripe AND Ultimate Gremlin on the way. They look way too good to pass on, and they fix with my 1/6 collection.

The question is now....how many generic ones? If a detolf space os dedicated to them, I may need a few more.

Not so sure on gizmo either. Anyone care to share their thoughts on him?

How are the joints? Stiff? Do the feel very fragile?

Based on NECA's track record I wouldn't be surprised if yours arrive with unmovable joints. I'd definitely take a hair dryer to anything that feels stiff before even trying to move it around.

I ordered Stripe from their eBay store before he sell out and if that figure comes with any major QC issues (other than the aforementioned joint issue) I'm probably done with NECA.

Last edited:
I'm getting 3 of the regular ones, then Stripe and my guy in the UK is getting the Gamer Gremlin in so he's on the list too. Gizmo is disappointing as they went for a silly rolling mechanism for his eyes. When you put the different faces on him, the eyes are set too far back in the head and it looks goofy. My thought was to get one and then maybe cut sections from a ping pong ball to make shells for eyes on all the faces. Then I'd paint the eyes in.

First video review of Stripe:

Got to say, I'm not impressed. They don't look to have glued the upper teeth in properly on that one, he looks way too gummy, particularly when compared to the promo shots. Others, hopefully, will be better. In two minds about getting him now.

First video review of Stripe:

Got to say, I'm not impressed. They don't look to have glued the upper teeth in properly on that one, he looks way too gummy, particularly when compared to the promo shots. Others, hopefully, will be better. In two minds about getting him now.

I know what your saying, but if I remember correctly there are a few scenes where his teeth are like that....not sure why they went with that look.

Its ok. But its not how he looks most of the film....Ill try to find a screen grab of him like that later.

I have seen two “early adopter” reviews and both these guys man handle these figures in a way I would never do with NECA. So at least the do not look too fragile. Seriously, the meat mitts these guys have and the rough treatment on those joints makes me cringe.

Back