Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Glad Nathan posted his pics. Haven't seen any reviews anywhere yet. I want 3 of the Ultimate so I can explore options. Luckily, UK distributors get NECA exclusives, so, I will hopefully be able to get the Gamestop Exclusive Ultimate Gamer Gremlin when it comes out. Definitely getting Stripe as well.

Here's an item on the Gamer Gremlin:

https://thefwoosh.com/index.php/201...timate-gamer-gremlin-available-for-pre-order/

Last edited:
It was available on NECA's site from Christmas Eve. I think early bird buyers got theirs from NECA's eBay store. Not sure when they'll hit retaiilers. Stripe is out in a couple of weeks.

These look great.

Can not choose a favourite, Stripe is special with his hair (curious how this will look when released), and the plain one has the fun smile.

I'm likely to end up with 5, 3 Ultimate Gremlins, Stripe and an Ultimate Gamer Gremlin. The Gamer is only available from Gamestop in the US, but, UK retailers already have him up for pre-order, he doesn't come out till May!

Figure looks fantastic BUT it’s getting harder to get excited with NECA knowing that’s these are $40+ tax (CAN) when Lenny, George, etc was only $20 not to long ago. Buy two of these and it’s $100?? Just feels wrong.

I hear you, the 3 Ultimates will set me back £120. They would cost more if I got them straight from NECA as I'd have to add import costs as well. It's just something we have to live with. Compared with a Mezco that can average around the £75 mark the NECA's are actually good value.

I think we can see from these videos that people's experiences with them are bound to vary. If you're careful with them and work with the articulation you should get poses that you'll be happy with. From the last guy's experience with the popcorn bags, buying multiples could make good sense then you should get a set of accessories that you can work with for whichever look you choose. I'm certainly not deterred from getting my 3.

There could be a good secondary industry for these with accessories we didn't get like shades, a full bag of popcorn or the card player's visor, we will see....

I'm getting slightly suspicious with these NECA "ultimate" figures🤔. I mean, when I think of ultimate..it should come with all or virtually all accessories the character had. I mean we have the upcoming gremlin with the propeller hat & sunglasses; but where's the soft goods trenchcoat so we can make it into the flasher gremlin? And what about the visor that we got many years ago with the poker playing gremlin? Then we have the Santa hat, that you'll have to buy ultimate Gizmo to get.

We should've gotton those other accessories with this figure (at least the poker playing visor to go with the cards). I mean, it's not really an ultimate without all the other stuff - or at least a little more stuff. I know I'm being a bit naive here....but they just should've called this one "movie theatre gremlin" or something. I mean, how many ultimate Gremlins 1 gremlins are we gonna get lol?

..and where's Stripe's revolver? It'd be awesome to get more hands so they could properly hold all their stuff.

I'm getting slightly suspicious with these NECA "ultimate" figures��. I mean, when I think of ultimate..it should come with all or virtually all accessories the character had. I mean we have the upcoming gremlin with the propeller hat & sunglasses; but where's the soft goods trenchcoat so we can make it into the flasher gremlin? And what about the visor that we got many years ago with the poker playing gremlin? Then we have the Santa hat, that you'll have to buy ultimate Gizmo to get.

We should've gotton those other accessories with this figure (at least the poker playing visor to go with the cards). I mean, it's not really an ultimate without all the other stuff - or at least a little more stuff. I know I'm being a bit naive here....but they just should've called this one "movie theatre gremlin" or something. I mean, how many ultimate Gremlins 1 gremlins are we gonna get lol?

..and where's Stripe's revolver? It'd be awesome to get more hands so they could properly hold all their stuff.

I personally do not like the “Ultimate” label because it’s used to drive cost another $10. I also do not like the figure hidden inside unable to see MOC. I was looking at my blister Predator Dutch Jungle disguise figure today. Fantastic figure loaded with tons of accessories, great sculpt and articulation. I hate the fact that if it came out today I would be paying $40 CAN for it under Ultimate brand. The price tag was $20. Affordable to buy two one open one MOC. Today two Gremlins will be $100 which I find so ridiculous.... kind of makes me sick. Might pass on regular and just get Stripe.

I personally do not like the “Ultimate” label because it’s used to drive cost another $10. I also do not like the figure hidden inside unable to see MOC. I was looking at my blister Predator Dutch Jungle disguise figure today. Fantastic figure loaded with tons of accessories, great sculpt and articulation. I hate the fact that if it came out today I would be paying $40 CAN for it under Ultimate brand. The price tag was $20. Affordable to buy two one open one MOC. Today two Gremlins will be $100 which I find so ridiculous.... kind of makes me sick. Might pass on regular and just get Stripe.
Very good points. And I love your YouTube videos.
Last one I commented on was the Fett comparison video I believe. I go by Mark Curtis on there.
Damn man..Canada is always getting screwed over with prices! They're $27.99 in the US now..but were $24.99 when Toys 'R' Us was still around. But yeah, this figure certainly feels like a $20 one. Then again (by comparison), Marvel Legends should be more like $12-15 lol.

In the UK NECA Ultimates are £34.99 or £39.99 from bricks and mortar. Most on eBay will be the same as they will come from a distributor so the seller will want to recoup costs. Getting them straight from NECA's eBay store doesn't help either, even before adding import duty the price with shipping is as much as UK retail. You either have to suck up the prices or not get the figures. Now NECA are getting really good, not getting them isn't an option.

Still, compared to what Figuarts or Mezco can cost, NECA are actually great value to me

Now NECA are getting really good, not getting them isn't an option.

Still, compared to what Figuarts or Mezco can cost, NECA are actually great value to me
Oh yeah. Honestly, I'm quite surprised they're the price they are. Definitely better than Diamond Select, and I actually prefer some of NECA's offerings over the Japanese imports. I know it's a hit or miss sometimes with brittle joints, but generally the QC is top notch..especially the paint apps.

Some are better than others, I had a hard time finding an Ultimate Chucky with the head I wanted use without wonky eyes. Sometimes there is slop and missing bits, but not always.

Back