Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got tired of waiting for decent Gremlins/Mogwai so I bought a vinyl kit and made my own last summer while on holiday.
d5b34f2377fdf72ec54b034539a31282.jpg

621f321b60ed0a5e311618b5f9b2b408.jpg

881c15fe26a7129ba2e2534b00c759f5.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I quite liked the original Mohawk with the closed mouth, not so keen on the current version though. The teeth look off to me and he looks a bit gummy. There is one thing bugging me about the design of the Ulitmate Gremlin and that is the hands. On the Ultimate Aliens Warrior, where there was nothing to hold onto, they gave it articulated fingers. On the Gremlin, where there is lots to hold onto, they didn't do that. From what I've seen of the videos so far, the grip of the hands varies. On one it could barely hold anything without it falling out. With articulated fingers that would have been so much better. It didn't spoil the aesthetics on the Alien and wouldn't have on this. Sometimes NECA can fall down on little details that would really make the figure.

Picked up my Ultimate Gremlin today! Nice looking figure will remain MOC no intention of opening it. Damn I hate ultimate packaging

eagerly awaiting my two and stripe from bbts. i think with these i'll probably keep them mib, too, then probably have them hermetically sealed and placed in a swiss safety deposit box in a bank at the base of the alps. i'll where a blindfold and hand cuffs if i ever go to visit them.

I continue to purchase selected figures from licenses I love, however as a veteran collector I no longer have the desire to open, play and display them anymore. Seven inch figures displayed around a room become too cluttered as I prefer the refined look of 1/6. Many 7 inch figures eventually will find their way into a corrugated box and stored away. Added the increasing cost to these figures I no longer have the option to buy two (one to open the other MOC like the good days). So I have chosen the path of MOC. I find the thought of spending $100 ($39.95 + 12% tax per figure) for two Gremlins to be ridiculous! I find that Ultimate packaging is a marketing tool for Neca to increase price an extra $10. I was looking at my Predator Jungle Disguise Dutch MOC yesterday price tag still on it $19.99. It comes with tons of accessories. I shook my head thinking if this was sold as a Ultimate today it would cost $40. Twenty dollars more for a ****ing box and “ultimate” title!!

Mmm, I suppose I can understand it if you're jaded. I became jaded with 1/6 as it was all too expensive and took up room. 1/12 and 7" have worked out cheaper and have taken up less room. I have a collection again and one I can add to for a while to come. I hope to move to a new place this year, and as it's all mine I'll have plenty of space for displaying anything.

Quick Action Figure Haul with some thoughts and a big thank you! I hit over 100 subscribers :hi5: Did a quick illustration for you all as a thank you!!

70D59599-96DC-4E87-A867-4F45E4B595D3.jpg

Very nice artwork!

I think NECA went for the packaging they did for the Ultimates because they thought it gave the figures a bit of prestige. However, I do get what you're saying about the velcro closure, they can get a bit dirty after a while on a store shelf. NECA's does fare better than some though. On DML, BBI and SSC they were always falling off. I guess it becomes less of an issue if you only get figures through the mail, which is something I find myself doing more and more, particularly with Mezco as you just can't get them in stores over here.

"Seven inch figures displayed around a room become too cluttered as I prefer the refined look of 1/6. Many 7 inch figures eventually will find their way into a corrugated box and stored away."

I'm firmly in the same camp. 1/6 figures look great displayed behind glass, and it is difficult, display-wise, to elevate 1/12 all plastic figures above simple "toy" status, especially when you collect too many. i've only recently started in again with 1/12 figures, and less is definately more for display purposes. I honestly don't know if I'll open these or not, will ultimately depend on display space. i just knew if i didn't buy them now, i'd end up paying much more later, like the gremlins 2 figures... good grief.

Very nice artwork!

I think NECA went for the packaging they did for the Ultimates because they thought it gave the figures a bit of prestige. However, I do get what you're saying about the velcro closure, they can get a bit dirty after a while on a store shelf. NECA's does fare better than some though. On DML, BBI and SSC they were always falling off. I guess it becomes less of an issue if you only get figures through the mail, which is something I find myself doing more and more, particularly with Mezco as you just can't get them in stores over here.

Thank you!!! I like to draw and lately I feel posting to YOUTUBE is my motivation.
As per the comments in my YouTube post regarding Ultimate packaging I took a few shots of them in store with flaps removed!!

24F5081A-EE8E-4077-903F-DB815E3EACE5.jpg
F0691F5C-036E-41B3-9F4E-C8062E9A7159.jpg
4D2BA01E-A81D-4C6F-AD4B-B07712D4A28C.jpg

Nice!

There are plenty of out of box reviews so I know that I'm getting something good. They don't hit here till the 25th, which is slightly annoying, but, I'm sure I can occupy myself in the meantime.

I like how the eyes are separate pieces and not just painted. They should have just glued them in on Gizmo instead of going for that goofy rolling mechanism. If I ever get that figure I'd sculpt shells for the eyes and paint them in, that way I can have the faces and eyes I want.

Got my Gremlin today. Great figure. A bit oversized for true 1:6 but it'll get the job done. Mine has really tight joints. And the biggest issue was his left side of his jaw was broken out of the package. :(

Still trying to decide if I want to keep with this version or go with Stripe. I only really need one to display. Screenshot_20190112-201304_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20190112-201333_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20190112-201351_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dang, that sucks. :(

If what Randy says about the factories cheaping out is true then I am shocked that NECA still contracts out to those factories. Between tight joints and a broken jaw, stuff like this is just inexcusable IMO.

Dang, that sucks. :(

If what Randy says about the factories cheaping out is true then I am shocked that NECA still contracts out to those factories. Between tight joints and a broken jaw, stuff like this is just inexcusable IMO.
Yeah Ive had most of my NECA figures break either right out of the box or when just trying to move the joints. IMO they are really cheap.

Only things I've really purchased from them are the NECA Turtles, the Ultimate Jason line, and a few other Ultimates.

My Ultimate Part VI Jason hand peg broke right out of the box when trying to swap out the hand.

My Ultimate Leatherface chainsaw broke just from having it posted with both hands on it.

Ultimate Ash leg was snapped right out of the package.

They need to come up with a better plastic that isn't so damn brittle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's bad,

So far, none of my NECA figures have had any issues. The joints have all been good on mine. Heating them is supposed to loosen them. I've bought all mine from a bricks and mortar store so I've been able to pick and choose from several. Bearing in mind what's been said about the Gremlins so far, I'm glad I'll be able to do that. I would contact NECA about that one with the broken jaw, you ought to be able to get a replacement.

With regard to their scale, I would say that they're 1/4 scale. The specs for the Trick or Treat Studios puppet always say that it's 28" tall. The NECA figures are 7" tall, so, you do the math. That brings them into scale with NECA's larger range.

Still can't believe I've got another couple of weeks till I can go and get mine, the wait is agony!

NECA lost my business for the same reason. Why should a 30 dollar figure break when you are just taking it out if the package?

Its crazy, what even crazier IMO is buying a 40 dollar figure and not opening it and storing it away. Its not like anything made these days will be worth much in 20 years. It just doesn’t work that way with collectables anymore. Spend 100 dollars and pack it into a box and shove it in the attic? Been there.....doesn’t pay. (Exception original Kenner SW Line). You be better buying silver coins with your money.

Incidentally , I found that heating the figure with a hair dryer before moving any parts made the chance of breaking it go down quite a bit. They must go into the packages still cooling or something and they get frozen in place. Heating them seems the lessen the chance of snapping them.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back