Official Hulk movie thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hulk Trailer to debut on Wed. March 12th

I wasn't blown away like I was when I saw the Iron Man or Dark Knight trailers, but it's still to early to judge. I actually like The Hulk design but hate the Abomination design. And I think Norton is perfect to play Banner.

I'm also one of those who liked the first Hulk movie.

Ok, what if? They are duping us with the Abomination. The head actually looks out of place on that body. What if they are baiting us with this and are going to render a real Abomination head onto the character for the actual film? The figures of the abomination have yet to be revealed as far as I know. Marvel loves to get people +++++ing about their stuff online. It creates the buzz. then the payoff comes in the film. Most CGI is not finalized when they make trailers so it could very well be part of the whole strategy.

The figures have been revealed a while back and that is exactly what the Abomination looks like as a figure so nothing is going to change.

After the home runs (to me) that were the Iron Man trailers, this trailer did less than nothing for me...it has good actors but it doesn't do a thing for me and I like the Hulk.

Trailer looks promising. Abomination looks too goofy. Hulk cgi exudes more of ole Sal Buscema feel. Could work.
Story strikes me as more campy than 2003 film, which Ieads me to believe the 2008 movie might appeal to a broader demographic than Lee's film. That being said I don't think the film will be better than the last one aesthetically even if it draws the motherload at the box office.

ahem:
SQUEEEEEEE!

that is all.

Anyone else hoping for hot toys to make a 1/6 hulk?

Original Hulk had a better trailer and will probably end up being the better movie. How many action/explosion/fight movie can the public take before they begin to get sick of the same old crap. That's why Hulk was a good movie. It challenged the public, but of course, people are stupid.

It looks pretty good....

Didn't have as much umph as the Iron Man trailer, but it looks a'ight.

I am sick though of the military angle Marvel is taking with the Hulk in the films...

:monkey4

Hulk and Abomination looked pretty good too...I would prefer if Hulk were just a tad more built - not Ang's Hulk - but a bit more.

I think though, that the problem with this movie will be what plagued a good number of the other Marvel films.

With all the destruction / chaos / death that Abomination causes in that city scene...Where are some other heros to help him Hulk?

If Norton is to appear in Iron Man, maybe we will see Iron Man and maybe some X-Men helping out a bit.

THAT would be badass.

I can just imagine it:

Abomination hits IM really hard after he first appears denting his armor, so he looks at Hulk as he is getting up from the rubble of the store front he was just thrown into / destroyed, and says:

"Well, Banner I guess it's your turn to cut in."

:eek:

With Iron Man the Iron Monger storyline makes sense and will do very well for it because it's "in house" at Stark Industries...Tony has to handle Iron Monger himself.

With Abomination, they better convey the sense that Hulk is the ONLY HERO that can take him down.

I do agree though, it does look a little cheesy...That jumping in mid-air clip at the end is DEFINATELY a rip-off of the Matrix Revolutions...

Hell, the next second after the two of them hit I imagine a "energy bubble" thingy will happen and hit all the surrounding buildings and cars and send glass everywhere.

:rolleyes:

LAME

I hope this film is good. I am a HUGE fan of Nortons, and Liv Tyler, William Hurt and Tim Roth should be good too.

Here's to hoping.

Last edited:

^ I think they're saving all the crossover stuff for the inevitable Avengers movie. And I don't want another super hero taking the focus away from the main hombre.

Original Hulk had a better trailer and will probably end up being the better movie. How many action/explosion/fight movie can the public take before they begin to get sick of the same old crap. That's why Hulk was a good movie. It challenged the public, but of course, people are stupid.

I provide the following to oppose your negativity...

Care_Bears_Easter.jpg

I loved the trailer and I think this will be the best Super Hero movie this year. Definitely a more action oriented story line but with Norton I am sure will get a great movie.

Is it just me, or does the Abomination look like a Berserker from Gears of War?

Somebody wake up Shai.

Smelling salts would be nice, but smelly socks could suffice, too.

As for the trailer, for all the respect I have for Norton and Tyler, this looks to be the lowbrow counterpart to Ang Lee's highbrow take on the material. And I'll probably end up preferring the highbrow.

something tells me this movie is going to be a flop...

The trailer didnt entice me one bit. who the hell is that other big mutated guy supposed to be?

Not sure what I think of it. Hulk looks "ripped" of course, but a little on the small side in terms of overall height and size?

I'll probabaly check it out depending on reviews from fans.

Wow . . tough crowd . . .

I really liked the trailer . . . I thought the first movie was great and really don't see a reason to compare the two . . .

This looks like a lot of fun and I love the main actors chosen . . . and that abomination looks like a huge creature, which is exactly what he is . . they even kept some of the fish features, just not the "ear" things on the side of his face . . I think he looks great . . .

I am excited as hell . . :)

I'm guessing this trailer will be the first of several before the film is released. I actually really liked what I saw. They're not going to blow their wad on the real money shots in the first trailer, plus there is still 3 months to tweek the effects. I wouldn't be too dissappointed with Abomination, maybe he will "evolve" in the movie to look more and more like the original with the scales and gill/horn like things.

I love the sense of weight though on both Hulk and Abomination as they ran on the street, you could almost feel the street shake. I bet the next trailer will really show more in terms of action which will get everyone excited.

Someone also mentioned that Abomination looked like the Berserker for Gears of War. I agree with that statement but also got excited at the prospect of a Gears of War movie with creature design of that caliber!

Can't wait to see 'em beat the crap out of each other!

I really liked the trailer and will be there opening day, but I must say abom really reminds me of the beastie from slither, just a bit bigger....

Back