Official Hulk movie thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hulk Trailer to debut on Wed. March 12th

Take a look at the new Hulk. Wouldn't you think that after having to dig yourself out of a crater you'd be covered in dirt, dust, and bits of debris? None there except for the little bit he shakes off when he rises out of the ground. It's a bit early to tell, but I hope they improve the CGI in the film. The CGI on both Abomination and Hulk look a bit too obvious.

Given how many more months there are until release, I'd say they focused on getting the CG characters completed enough to release a trailer and give something to buzz future audience members as well as merchandisers, then they'll go in and work the fine details out afterward. No movie studio is going to wait to start marketing.

Does anyone know, is this ILM again? I'd assume so but I haven't read definitively anywhere. If it is, they should have the same tools used to give Ang Hulk his fine realistic touches and be able to apply them on this one.

is it trus that tony stark (played by robert downey jr.) will be making a cameo on this movie?

Given how many more months there are until release, I'd say they focused on getting the CG characters completed enough to release a trailer and give something to buzz future audience members as well as merchandisers, then they'll go in and work the fine details out afterward. No movie studio is going to wait to start marketing.

Does anyone know, is this ILM again? I'd assume so but I haven't read definitively anywhere. If it is, they should have the same tools used to give Ang Hulk his fine realistic touches and be able to apply them on this one.

The following companies were involved in the special effects:

* Gentle Giant Studios
* Giant Studios (motion capture technology provided by)
* Hydraulx
* Image Engine Design (visual effects)
* Rhythm and Hues (visual effects)

The following companies were involved in the special effects:

* Gentle Giant Studios
* Giant Studios (motion capture technology provided by)
* Hydraulx
* Image Engine Design (visual effects)
* Rhythm and Hues (visual effects)

Interesting, I've never heard of any of those and I'm not sure what capabilities Gentle Giant can bring to the mix. It'll be curious to see the final result. Some of the stuff in the trailer is questionable, but it's far to early to judge it.

Official "The Incredible Hulk" Movie Thread

Okay, since it didn't look like an official thread had been started for this movie, I wanted to get one rolling.

Hulk is my favorite comic book character, I grew up watching reruns of the old Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno TV series and later the cartoon in the mid 90's. I get excited when a Hulk movie is in the works and I'm very eager to see how this one turns out. I figured let's get a thread going to gather all the cool news, images and links.

Here are some stills from the trailer that I liked.

hulk1.jpg

hulk2.jpg

hulk3.jpg

hulk4.jpg

hulk5.jpg

hulk6.jpg

hulk7.jpg

hulk8.jpg

hulk9.jpg

Re: Official "The Incredible Hulk" Movie Thread

Growing up HULK was my favorite super hero as well, I enjoyed the TV series and I think this movie will turn out very well, especially considering how involved Norton seems to be in the character and story line (I think he's a great actor).

I hope we get some cool collectibles to go with this movie, some high end 1/6 scale figures, 1/4 scale statues, even a full size HULK Bust!

It would be great if Hot Toys got a 1/6 license for this, but not likely. A nice 1/4 piece would be very tempting though. I'm already impressed with some of the 6-8" figures I've seen, theyre not high end, but I still like to collect action figures.

All GG did was the scanning I'm sure.

I have to say that I really prefer the 2003 version of the Hulk design - this one seems too top heavy and too ripped, too much like a wrestler instead of a monster.

The Abomination I kind of like - I would agree with the director that the comic design would look silly on the screen.

I'm not too fond of trailers that tell you EVERYTHING about a movie - obviously we're seeing the start of the final battle - but I like Norton in the role and I think I'll like the direction the story takes.

But compared to the other comic book movies coming out this summer - this is a distant 4th on my "want to see meter."

This thread ,I will follow until june.:monkey3

So far I think HULK is a big improvement from the 1st movie...he looks far more evil...the first movie HULK had a baby face...something was off, although I did enjoy it...but the new movie looks more promising. *thumbs up so far*

Yeah this HULK is more out of our world in terms of his CGI, I think that was done on purpose. It's fairly easy to get real world skin and lighting on CGI models now so I think they purposely rendered him a bit more on the Comic/Cartoony side to give his presence a more out of our reality feel, comic book super heroes are all super human and they would not fit into our normal perception, if we saw the HULK running past us he would look very much alien and the feel would be much like what I am seeing in the CGI. Real looking but not 100% realistic, he is rendered in a way that breaks the character's lines very clearly out of the background world he is in, a 100% realistic HULK character would just take away from his Superhuman Presence, trying to normalize his look to our world would make him less special :).

I love Hulk dialogue. Better than Shakespeare.

Looking forward to this, but not my number one of the summer.

1 The Dark Knight
2 Iron Man
3/4 Indy/Hulk too close to call on this right now
5 Clone Wars
6 Hellboy 2
7 Narnia

Is there anything else "big" this summer?

Last edited:

looks like he needs to hit the weights a little bit more. i hope he is larger than that. can't wait to see it though!

Someone else mentioned this already but it's so true; his skin looks stretched to the max ripped by his muscle which is another great improvement over the previous HULK, which looked muscular but it looked like he just grew bigger and bigger this HULK looks like he transformed/stretched out of Banner into the HULK.

Back