Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my Captain Jack Sparrow a couple days back. No surprise great looking figure. A little darker in the flesh tone in hand than I thought it would be. Here are a few quick pictures from my phone in my display case. I tried to capture the essence of Jack in his weird pose.......
IMG1380.jpg

IMG1394.jpg

IMG1388.jpg

IMG1389.jpg

IMG1393.jpg

Hi guys! im kinda new to the Disney line..im on the fence about taking flex pay with Jack :yess:

any QC issues is should watch out for? or are there just small isolated cases?

...im so excited for my very 1st DX :panic:

Last night, I had the best experience of my looooooong collecting life.

I got home from work to find that there was a nice brown shipper from Sideshow containing my very first DX, Captain Jack Sparrow.

I have been tempted in the past by a Hot Toys DX but this was the first time that I went the whole way...I was glad that I saved my DX cherry as, to be honest, I really can't imagine there being a better figure.

It was....luxurious.

What an experience Hot Toys make unpacking this figure. Layer upon layer of awesomeness and the SMELL!!!!!!!! *drool* that new toy smell. Wonderful!

I spent hours putting this figure together, taking my time, hat on or off? coat on or off? which face? which hands? any weapons? there are sooooooooo many options and all of them brilliant.

It just almose decadent to be having this much excitement.

I known I'm late to the game but if anyone out there is on the fence about this figure can I exhort you get off the fence, get a hold of this figure and really, really enjoy the experience.

Flexpay makes it easier on the wallet too.

Sideshow and Hot Toys really are a marriage made in Collectors Heaven.

Best review so far! :lol Congrats!!! He is an awesome figure.

Received mine a couple of days ago but havent had time to check it out.. Just opened up teh box, Man, easy top 5 of my figures.. The clothing is as detailed as the T2 T-800 and the sculpt is really good. And so much goodies, easy worth the 200 I paid for him!

Last edited:
Wow, amazing repaint, looks lifelike.

it does indeed look great. but he should really think about changing those sculpted boots to the DX ones as well as changing the hands from the AWE JS to the DX hands and get the cloth wristbands. that would really make that custom look even better and more lifelike IMO

a bit late, the store i preordered from finally sent mine "since they just got it in stock", can't wait to get this :D

broke down & re-ordered ex-jack..............damn you all with those badass pics...........:gah:

:wink1:

You will not be disappointed... I got mine in a couple days ago and was a bit unsure if I was going to keep him or not or if I really needed Jack in the collection (A pirate doesn't really fit with anything I have). I was even thinking of just leaving him boxed up and selling him off in a bit.

But last night I caved into curiosity and I opened him up...

sweetjesus.gif

Figure of the Year!!! And maybe even Figure of the Ever!!!

I literally let out a gasp when I freed Jack from the foam... I've never seen another 1/6 figure that so perfectly captured a character. It's actually a bit surreal how good this figure is... the moving eyes actually creeped out my wife :lol

And not to open up old wounds... but I have no idea how Indy could have been so far of and this is so close to perfection :huh

it does indeed look great. but he should really think about changing those sculpted boots to the DX ones as well as changing the hands from the AWE JS to the DX hands and get the cloth wristbands. that would really make that custom look even better and more lifelike IMO

I've already purchased the DX boots. :)

I literally let out a gasp when I freed Jack from the foam... I've never seen another 1/6 figure that so perfectly captured a character. It's actually a bit surreal how good this figure is... the moving eyes actually creeped out my wife :lol

The "it looks better in hand" concept has been used here ad nauseum, but it's almost always true. But in this case... Jeez. I literally was mildly creeped out when I first opened it, due to the realism.

No doubt... and looking better in hand is even difficult with this guy as I haven't really seen any bad pics of him.

But yeah, in hand he's mind-blowing :google

Yep. :)

Was always gutted Aaron beat me to the punch on that sculpt by mere minutes! Couldn't miss the chance to now snag it, ESP with all the excellent work Gregg has done with it.

Wow, amazing repaint, looks lifelike.

It's not a repaint, it's an imaresq original sculpt with additional custom work, all really well done.

And not to open up old wounds... but I have no idea how Indy could have been so far of and this is so close to perfection :huh

While Indy didn't mean as much to me as some people, I was excited about the idea of HT Indy, I expected they'd take what Sideshow got right and take it even further, but the end result was quite dissappointing. While it's not persay a bad figure, the work in it is nice, it's just lacking in accurracy all over, and I was very critical of it when it finally unveilled because it's sub-par to HT's abilities of today. When you see figures like Keaton Batman and Jack Sparrow and T1 Arnie that look and feel like exact miniatures of the characters, it's perplexing how Indy seems so off in relation. Yes comparing a figure as complex as Indy to Keaton Batman seems bad because of the difference in complexity of their outfits, but, you can compare the showing by HT of attention to detailing. Jack Sparrow clearly shows a lot of attention by Hot Toys, from details in the scult and costume to the quality and level of the paint apps on all the parts, you look at this figure and you know everyone poured themselves into making their part the best they could.

It's not a repaint, it's an imaresq original sculpt with additional custom work, all really well done.

I could be wrong, but I think it's actually the Original AWE HT Jack sculpt but was re-sculpted/revised by Adam. But yeah, very nice indeed!

Back