Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. :)

Was always gutted Aaron beat me to the punch on that sculpt by mere minutes! Couldn't miss the chance to now snag it, ESP with all the excellent work Gregg has done with it.

Congrats man!:clap

I would really suggest getting the DX hands as well so you can have wrist articulation

Here's mine. Wanted to give him a bit of a different look and pose than most are probably going with.

DSC_0245.jpg

Definitely a steal at that auction price.

Mine arrived!!!!!

:yess:

And dear Lord, it is amazing. A great looking headsculpt coupled with inCREDible tailoring. Thing is though, I took off his jacket and when I put it back on, his inner shirt's sleeves got caught inside the jacket's sleeves, and now the jacket's sleeves look a bit puffy..

Tried to futz it the best I can. Doesn't exactly work out, but it looks better than it did. Other than that and the fact that it takes a long time to futz everything on him, he looks blardy fantastic. I'm a big fan of the character and this thing more than does him justice.

Words can't express how awesome this figure is. If you are a fan of Jack Sparrow, even if only the first movie and you're sitting on the fence with this one, get the heck off it and grab yourself a Jack.

Mine arrived!!!!!

:yess:

And dear Lord, it is amazing. A great looking headsculpt coupled with inCREDible tailoring. Thing is though, I took off his jacket and when I put it back on, his inner shirt's sleeves got caught inside the jacket's sleeves, and now the jacket's sleeves look a bit puffy..

Tried to futz it the best I can. Doesn't exactly work out, but it looks better than it did. Other than that and the fact that it takes a long time to futz everything on him, he looks blardy fantastic. I'm a big fan of the character and this thing more than does him justice.

Words can't express how awesome this figure is. If you are a fan of Jack Sparrow, even if only the first movie and you're sitting on the fence with this one, get the heck off it and grab yourself a Jack.

On his shirt sleeves are little hooks of cotton/thread - I wrap them round a finger on his hand so that when I put his coat on his shirt sleeves don't get stuck.

I caved and bought the DX. Darn those beautiful pictures :) I got mine at AFX which I believe is currently the best deal around ($216 and free shipping).

I was originally planning on merely updating my old Jack Sparrow with a new DX head (and even bought a DX head for that purpose) but after seeing so many nice pictures of the DX, I figured I might as well take the plunge. Even my wife was up for getting the new version after seeing some of the newer pictures and she isn't usually gung ho about figure purchases above $200.

I can't wait until it arrives! Unfortunately though, I now have a spare head and hat :(

I just happened to spot it walking through a dollar store at Christmas time , I thought it was a calendar at first, but it was just a cardboard poster, but still a really nice image of Jack, and one I haven't seen anywhere else so I snagged it.

On his shirt sleeves are little hooks of cotton/thread - I wrap them round a finger on his hand so that when I put his coat on his shirt sleeves don't get stuck.

How'd you get the coat on with the hands on his arms? I'd rather not risk it. Oh well, I've been futzing with my figure some more, and now the sleeves of the shirt are fixed. I just coaxed them out the other end and pulled right out.

Having him out on display, he is definitely the best figure HT has made yet.

Okay, FINALLY got this figure today....and I need some guidance...

How does the hat "work"? It seems to be too small for his head, and pops off. Is there an "exact" way to put it on? does it go on with a piece of his hair off?

I am sure there is a trick I haven't figured it out yet....

Just pushing it down farther should work...

But I tend to put it on by the front first and push harder down on the back so not to rub shine marks on the bandana.

Love the hat... Love that it's not plastic

I just happened to spot it walking through a dollar store at Christmas time , I thought it was a calendar at first, but it was just a cardboard poster, but still a really nice image of Jack, and one I haven't seen anywhere else so I snagged it.

Really?! Great find man! May have to try and get that one. I've got one from every movie and while I have one from OST already, if I can find that one you have on the right, it would replace my other OST one

You might want to check out the Hot Toys version that was in their VIP pack, worth scanning I would say, I think I posted it back somewhere in a Pirates thread..

Back