Official Hot Toys Appleseed pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I didn't realize these were for the new movie. I bought Appleseed from Amazon and watched it and was horrified. It was a terrible looking anime from the '80s. It represented everything I hated about anime. Then I realized that there was a more recent film so I bought it.

It's mostly CG and one of the more beautiful films we've seen done like that. I was really impressed - got a little talky trying to explain the complex plot points, but overall I think I preferred it to Ghost in the Shell, if for nothing else, how it looked.

But then I went and looked at the HT figures and the Briareos figure isn't in a costume he wore in the Appleseed movie I just saw. And now I realize there's a sequel to the CG Appleseed. I'm looking forward to seeing it and I'm glad I ordered these. I just might become an anime fan yet.

But then I went and looked at the HT figures and the Briareos figure isn't in a costume he wore in the Appleseed movie I just saw.

Briareos is an advanced cyborg but how much of him is still human is a bit of a mystery. He is so advanced that he is supposed to still have nerves that sense feeling even through the robot parts of his body. The lights on the front of his face are all eyes but the big one in the middle is supposed to be his nose. The lights on his "rabbit-ears" are also eyes so he can look around corners and have somewhere near 360 degree vision.
I think his design is really cool, even if he doesn't have a face. He looks very Patlabor-ish.
Just some friendly info. These figs look great by the way.

Briareos is an advanced cyborg but how much of him is still human is a bit of a mystery. He is so advanced that he is supposed to still have nerves that sense feeling even through the robot parts of his body. The lights on the front of his face are all eyes but the big one in the middle is supposed to be his nose. The lights on his "rabbit-ears" are also eyes so he can look around corners and have somewhere near 360 degree vision.
I think his design is really cool, even if he doesn't have a face. He looks very Patlabor-ish.
Just some friendly info. These figs look great by the way.

he looks like a bunny on steroids:cool:

Posted this over in the 'problems' thread first, but as I'm not having any problems, I thought I'd put it here as well.
Been playing around with mine for the last 24hrs, put them in some poses that really stretched the knees, elbows, groin etc and I've had no problems at all. I guess time will tell but at the moment I think they're pretty freakin amazing!

2figs1.jpg

2figs2.jpg

2figs3.jpg

Deunan1.jpg

biggun1.jpg

detail1.jpg

detail2-1.jpg

Just took these photo's, working on a review now!

Nice review. I can't wait for my set to arrive. My most anticipated figures of the year - so far!

They are cool figures,but i have never heard of Appleased before,whats the story?A guy and his girlfriend?I found something on wikipedia but i thought it was this girl and a Robot.

They are cool figures,but i have never heard of Appleased before,whats the story?A guy and his girlfriend?I found something on wikipedia but i thought it was this girl and a Robot.

you should rent the dvd. it's a pretty good movie, nothing ground breaking but I enjoyed it.

you should rent the dvd. it's a pretty good movie, nothing ground breaking but I enjoyed it.

Herewith the outlook of the DVD, CG of this animation was pretty good too:maul.....Looking forward to get the DVD of Ex-Machina

DSCF0201.jpg

Back