No newsletter yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To quote Conan O'Brien, "Keep cool, my babies!"

I haven't gotten my newsletter either, but I'm not gonna freak out about it. The good folks at Sideshow will take care of us.

Hmm...

Just curious, for those who haven't received the newsletter yet, does the email address where you get the newsletter match your Sideshow online account email address?

I receive the newsletter at two different email addresses, and I have gotten the newsletter at the address that matches my online account email, but have not received the newsletter at the other address. I wonder if this might be the issue? :confused:

lcummins said:
Just curious, for those who haven't received the newsletter yet, does the email address where you get the newsletter match your Sideshow online account email address?

Yes, same e-mail address for me.

lcummins said:

I receive the newsletter at two different email addresses, and I have gotten the newsletter at the address that matches my online account email, but have not received the newsletter at the other address. I wonder if this might be the issue? :confused:

Yup, same one I've used since I started my account in 2003.

Ok, I guess that's not it!

This might be the answer:

Check your junk email and spam folders. The email address of Sideshow newsletters has been the following for months:

[email protected]

The newsletter this week came from:

[email protected]

Notice the "toy" part missing! Maybe it got stuck in spam and junk email folders? I noticed this because I had rules setup to move the newsletter to a certain folder and to forward to my work email address and neither rule ran so I started investigating why. Maybe this will help some folks, but of course, ISPs may be looking for the "sideshowtoy" address... :confused:

At least for me that's not it. I've gotten every newsletter for months now. I'll wait and see for a few more days.

Still might be the problem!

jlcmsu said:
At least for me that's not it. I've gotten every newsletter for months now. I'll wait and see for a few more days.

But if your ISP does a reverse DNS lookup of the sending email address (which many do!) they may not get a correct response to the new email address and drop the email from coming through. The sideshow.com domain does not belong to Sideshow Collectibles; just go there in a browser to see! Sideshow may need to resend the newsletter using the old email address...

It shouldn't be that hard to get the newsletter. And if things are going to be such a pain, going thru filters changing stuff etc., I don't even want the newsletter. Frustrated here. Almost time to write SS, its not a bad idea for those wanting 12inch Anakin, because it seems if you dont get the newsletter you wont get the link for the figure.

Monster said:
It shouldn't be that hard to get the newsletter. And if things are going to be such a pain, going thru filters changing stuff etc., I don't even want the newsletter. Frustrated here. Almost time to write SS, its not a bad idea for those wanting 12inch Anakin, because it seems if you dont get the newsletter you wont get the link for the figure.

i agree. i got the newsletter every week up untill about a month ago. now i don't get anything from sideshow. :banghead

lcummins said:
But if your ISP does a reverse DNS lookup of the sending email address (which many do!) they may not get a correct response to the new email address and drop the email from coming through. The sideshow.com domain does not belong to Sideshow Collectibles; just go there in a browser to see! Sideshow may need to resend the newsletter using the old email address...

I checked my spam and nothing in there. I went to SS and checked logging in with my email into the newsletter section to check what ones I am suposed to be getting and my settings are the same.

This is really getting stupid.. how hard is it to send out an email... come on Sideshow what's going on?

I got my newsletter last week this week nothing.
No its not because of junk/spam filters ect Ive checked everything. So hopefully somebody will help us out soon.

Last edited:
lcummins said:

The newsletter I did get was to the address I first registered way back when. The address on my account was a different address I changed to last year. I also get a newsletter at this second address but have received nothing with it so far. My wife has still yet to receive her email either.

I ended up changing the email address on my account back to the original address since this is the only one I actually got a newsletter for and get it the quickest.

Hmmmmm 2:27p.m. central time Sun. Dec. 12th. No Newsletter either and I always get mine Fri. or First thing Sat. Morning. :horror

still nothing for me either -- and i don't recall ever waiting this long -- soooo, at what point is it acceptable to panic?

Back